Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Nobody...NOBODY Wants You to Succeed

flint

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey guys I'm sure pretty much nobody knows me on this forum because I started a journal but then stopped writing in it and I don't post much. But rest assured I've been trying to get better at this stuff.

I'd just like to share some of the things I've noticed so far along this journey. The reason that I'm making this post isn't because I'm trying to give advice to people or anything, but rather I'd just like to relate to some of you because a lot of this stuff you can't talk about with everyday people in your life, and also maybe get a pep talk from some of the more prominent members here like Igetit and Warrior since the best way to start this journey is to get advice from others who are farther along than you.

1) This Isn't About Girls, It's About Happiness

For the longest time I used to huff and puff about not getting girls. I was UTTERLY CONVINCED that it was literally impossible for me to get girls because of my height and other superficial reasons.

And then I realized something after I read something Warrior posted (I forgot what it was but I had an aha moment), I realized that my whole life revolved around whether girls liked me or not. But isn't that really silly when you think about it? I'm a man, there's so much more stuff going on in my life than women, and I know to most people who come here that statement would sound absurd, but it's true.

Women are just one part of your life. You've also got your career and your social life to worry about (I know women are related to that but it's not exactly the same). If you are failing in this category it's alright, there will be a time in your career or something else you are slacking in too, but women shouldn't be 90% of what you're focused on in life.

Focus on doing what makes you happy no matter what other people say. If it makes you happy and people make fun of you or don't like you, cut them off. Your pursuit of happiness is your most valuable asset because nobody can ever take it away from you. You can lose your job, your wife, everything, but nobody can ever take away your pursuit of happiness.

This was the first major thing I learned so far.

2) Never...Never...Never Ask Women For Advice About Other Women

This one is self-explanitory, but so important. Ask your friends who are good at this, or better yet, WATCH THEM. And next time you're in a situation, ask yourself what they would do in that exact situation.

3) Nobody Wants You To Succeed!

This one was a big one that I learned next. Nobody, NOBODY wants you to succeed. And I don't mean with girls because as I just stated before this isn't about girls it's about life.

Your friends who you hang out with will ignore you, they won't let you become the leader, the man you want to be because you fit into their version of what they want their life to be. Any girls who you used to have a crush on don't want you to succeed because if you do that means they missed out on a great catch. If you had issues with your parents, guess what? They're going to continue to do the same things to you until you're out of the house.

Every single person you currently know does not want you to succeed. They'll tell you they do, they'll insist they do, but they don't. And when you realize this you're going to have to do one of two things: force your changes to come out when you're around them or get rid of them.

You can change how you look, you can get a better job, you can do anything you want, but anyone who remembers you as a wimp will continue to see you as a wimp until the day you die or until your changes are undeniable and everyone else treats you accordingly (everyone else might have to be entirely new people).

Your friends who are loyal to you are great people, but if you really want the life you've always wanted, where you're respected and treated like a king, you've either got to get them to change the way they act with you or find new friends. It's better to ditch some life-long friends and experience the happiness you've always wanted than be loyal to them and miserable your entire life.

And another thing, you'll beat yourself up about your past time and time again. You'll think about all of the blown opportunities, all of the things you could've done differently. But you need to forgive yourself, and understand why you let things happen the way they did.

Even those of you reading this don't want me to succeed, because then it's just more competition.

4) Happiness Won't Just Fall From The Sky, Anything You Want In Life You've Got To Work For

I used to think for the longest time "Look, I'm not getting girls now, and I probably won't get girls for a long time, but maybe I'll meet that one girl someday".

Guess what? You may meet some girl and just get married, but if you get married to a girl just to get married, or get into a relationship out of your insecurities, you'll be living a lie your entire life, and you'll never find happiness.

The women of your dreams will be someone who accentuates your already good qualities, and will be someone who compliments your happy life, not creates it.

The first thing I did along this journey was simply changed what I looked like. I got a new haircut, got new clothes, and I looked like a million bucks compared to what I looked like before. Guess what? I didn't get anymore girls than I did before.

And why is that? Because I tried looking better so that girls would like me more. You shouldn't look your very best because girls want good looking guys, LOOK YOUR BEST BECAUSE YOU HAVE SELF RESPECT. You deserve to look the best, and I'd argue one of the reasons girls don't like dirty hippies also is because not showering and such is a sign of a lack of self respect.

5) Okay, You Know What You Need To Do, Now Go Make Some Mistakes!

This one is pretty much where I am now. I've begun making mistake after mistake with women. I used to be incredibly afraid to make a move with women. I couldn't tell when to go for a kiss, and I was worried that if I tried to kiss a girl and I got denied then she would tell everyone she knows and I would be humiliated.

Sure, she might tell her friends, but it's never going to be as big of a deal as you make it out to be. And furthermore YOU'RE GOING TO MAKE MISTAKES. I just messed up big time with some girl at my house last night, and guess what happened? I kicked her out because she was being b*tchy about it. And going back to number 3, I probably won't be hanging out with her anytime soon either.

6) Don't Listen To What She Says, Watch What She Does

Self explanitory.

7) She Wants You To Succeed

This goes against number 3 in one sense, but I'm not talking about a girl who already denied you. Every girl wants someone to sweep them off their feet. Why not make it you? Sure it could be someone else, but why not you? Just do it!

So that's what I've learned so far, and that's where I am. I still have a few friends who make fun of me that I'm pretty much the worst dude they know when it comes to girls, and it used to tear my insides up a lot. But I'm at a point where I brush it off and dis them back and it's all in good fun.

My life is going to be amazing, and not because I'm going to have girls in it, a nice job, or anything like that. It's going to be amazing because I won't give up until it is. If you ever give up trying to make your life amazing, you haven't just already sealed your fate with women, but you've also dedicated yourself to an inferior life.

I've still never had a girlfriend, and no I haven't mastered this yet, but I've started pushing my limits, and I know my life will be amazing.

Irs88

Don Juan
Reaction score
Nice man. I agree with everything you said. I am also working on #5 myself.

phoenix-intersting way to look at it. I change my mind on my intial response :D

Last edited:

Unbridled_Phoenix

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm seeing alot of stinkin' thinkin' in your post.

Of course your peers don't want to see you succeed. They gauge their success in comparison to yours. You are their competitor. As you get older, you see that there really are winners and losers in life.

But you think better than that.

You will cease to use others as your yardstick when you realize who the competitor is; it is YOU. When you really take the reigns, as you are free to do anytime, you are freed from worrying about others.

Then you realize that the potential you see in others is a reflection of your own potential.

You think more and more positively, you are giving your mind a direction and your life a purpose. You realize that the key to achieving your own success is to contribute to the success of others.

All in good time.

DonJuan11

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
flint said:
Hey guys I'm sure pretty much nobody knows me on this forum because I started a journal but then stopped writing in it and I don't post much. But rest assured I've been trying to get better at this stuff.

I'd just like to share some of the things I've noticed so far along this journey. The reason that I'm making this post isn't because I'm trying to give advice to people or anything, but rather I'd just like to relate to some of you because a lot of this stuff you can't talk about with everyday people in your life, and also maybe get a pep talk from some of the more prominent members here like Igetit and Warrior since the best way to start this journey is to get advice from others who are farther along than you.

1) This Isn't About Girls, It's About Happiness

For the longest time I used to huff and puff about not getting girls. I was UTTERLY CONVINCED that it was literally impossible for me to get girls because of my height and other superficial reasons.

And then I realized something after I read something Warrior posted (I forgot what it was but I had an aha moment), I realized that my whole life revolved around whether girls liked me or not. But isn't that really silly when you think about it? I'm a man, there's so much more stuff going on in my life than women, and I know to most people who come here that statement would sound absurd, but it's true.

Women are just one part of your life. You've also got your career and your social life to worry about (I know women are related to that but it's not exactly the same). If you are failing in this category it's alright, there will be a time in your career or something else you are slacking in too, but women shouldn't be 90% of what you're focused on in life.

Focus on doing what makes you happy no matter what other people say. If it makes you happy and people make fun of you or don't like you, cut them off. Your pursuit of happiness is your most valuable asset because nobody can ever take it away from you. You can lose your job, your wife, everything, but nobody can ever take away your pursuit of happiness.

In theory correct, but not in reality. Everything else can be achieved at an older age: career, money, power, etc. Yet attracting and seducing women gets harder and harder as one gets older and still does not understand the rules of the game. That's why there is so much emphasis on this site on what to do and what not to do. If we all had all the time in the world and an endless supply on women, we would not care about them now

2) Never...Never...Never Ask Women For Advice About Other Women

This one is self-explanitory, but so important. Ask your friends who are good at this, or better yet, WATCH THEM. And next time you're in a situation, ask yourself what they would do in that exact situation.

3) Nobody Wants You To Succeed!

This one was a big one that I learned next. Nobody, NOBODY wants you to succeed. And I don't mean with girls because as I just stated before this isn't about girls it's about life.

Your friends who you hang out with will ignore you, they won't let you become the leader, the man you want to be because you fit into their version of what they want their life to be. Any girls who you used to have a crush on don't want you to succeed because if you do that means they missed out on a great catch. If you had issues with your parents, guess what? They're going to continue to do the same things to you until you're out of the house.

Every single person you currently know does not want you to succeed. They'll tell you they do, they'll insist they do, but they don't. And when you realize this you're going to have to do one of two things: force your changes to come out when you're around them or get rid of them.

You can change how you look, you can get a better job, you can do anything you want, but anyone who remembers you as a wimp will continue to see you as a wimp until the day you die or until your changes are undeniable and everyone else treats you accordingly (everyone else might have to be entirely new people).

Your friends who are loyal to you are great people, but if you really want the life you've always wanted, where you're respected and treated like a king, you've either got to get them to change the way they act with you or find new friends. It's better to ditch some life-long friends and experience the happiness you've always wanted than be loyal to them and miserable your entire life.

And another thing, you'll beat yourself up about your past time and time again. You'll think about all of the blown opportunities, all of the things you could've done differently. But you need to forgive yourself, and understand why you let things happen the way they did.

Even those of you reading this don't want me to succeed, because then it's just more competition.

You sound very bitter. Friends will help each other in time on need, they will offer advice, money, career help, etc. People aren't as viscous and cold hearted as you are saying. Just because you've had some bad experience and gotten burned by the wrong people doesn't mean everyone is like that.

My life is going to be amazing, and not because I'm going to have girls in it, a nice job, or anything like that. It's going to be amazing because I won't give up until it is. If you ever give up trying to make your life amazing, you haven't just already sealed your fate with women, but you've also dedicated yourself to an inferior life.

I've still never had a girlfriend, and no I haven't mastered this yet, but I've started pushing my limits, and I know my life will be amazing.
Ok points, but women are more important than you are making them out to be. If not, you'll be 45 and alone if you don't start caring about impressing them now.

Irs88

Don Juan
Reaction score
Unbridled_Phoenix said:
Then you realize that the potential you see in others is a reflection of your own potential.
Can you rephrase that. I don't understand.

flint

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey guys thanks for the input. Unbridled that's very interesting, I think you're right other people seem to be like a way to measure how you're doing in life.

Donjuan11,

In reference to #1 you're right, girls are very important, I didn't mean to make it sound like they weren't at all important.

What I meant was that girls in general is just one of the many of important parts of your life, but you can't let your life revolve around it. Obviously people wouldn't come here if they weren't important.

But similarly there's a forum out there I'm sure for people to learn how to manage their money better etc. This is an important skill but as I said don't let it blow out of proportion to the rest of your life either. If you sulk all day about not getting girls you're letting it get out of proportion.

And as far as friends are concerned what you say is correct, but again once someone sees you as a wimp it's very hard to get them to see you any other way. This goes for guys as well as girls. And all I'm saying there is that in some cases you might need to make some changes if you don't want to be seen as a wimp.

CaptainJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
By jove I think he's got it

Unbridled_Phoenix

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Irs88 said:
Can you rephrase that. I don't understand.
When you are looking for the good in others, you will only see the good within yourself.

When you seek to tear others down, you only tear yourself down.

Much is said on SS about being a leader. A leader leads by motivating, inspiring, and by seeing the potential in others that they fail to see in themselves.

Now it is not your job to see that they act on this potential. Every man must go through this journey on his own, but not alone. But the leader is the man who leads you to water, and encourages you to drink.

Most importantly, potential is INFINITE. For you, me, and anybody. It is not written in stone on the day of our birth, it is whatever we make it. And when you see the infinite potential within everyone else, you will see your own infinite potential much more clearly.

Last edited:

JDA70

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Good post Flint.

I don't agree with #3.
It's jerks that don't want you to succeed

That not true at all.

Your a fellow DJ and other DJs like myself would like you to succeed.

Soprano

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Nobody...NOBODY Wants You to Succeed
to quote shawty lo "shout out to all the haters i couldnta did it without ya.....but guess what, i did it without ya..."

use it to motivate you.....like BIG UPS....TO ALL MY HATERS

Trader

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
JDA70 said:
Your a fellow DJ and other DJs like myself would like you to succeed.
Espi said:
Let's say that I've laid more women that you'll ever live to think about...let's also say that I'm tall and good-looking and rich, and that you're short and ugly and poor.

You still want me to succeed?

If you're honest, you'll admit that you hate me...that you want me to fail, so that you can feel secure about your having laid only a dozen women.

The only way you'll like me is if you look less ugly and are shorter than I. Then you'll perhaps consider me a hero and live vicariously through me...

ESPI - what you posted says more about you than about the haters

And to answer your question - if you were my friend I would want you to succeed. If you were a stranger, I would be too busy with my own life to be *hating* on you - I would just be indifferent to you

Notice that all the real alpha men in the world are NEVER haters. Take Kobe, him and Lebron respect each other. Kobe just texed Ariza and wished him well as the new offensive focal point in Houston. Real men are too busy doing things and don't get into petty things like *hating* on others.

Hating on others is so petty - leave that to the girls. Girls are the ones who are petty and jealous towards others girls.

You are a man - you are better than that.

starplayer

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Regarding #3
Friends generally want you to get ahead in life, but not TOO far ahead. It's a bit like crabs in a bucket, always trying to pull you back to their level. They want you to do well, but don't want you to be more successful than them.

But be totally honest - do YOU really want your friends to be more successful, make more money, have hotter women, etc. than you? Course not. But you don't wanna see them completely fail at life either right?

People who've known me growing up have seen me undergo massive change over the last 2-3 years. And tbh yeah, some of them really didn't like it and tried to force me back down. I see it as a sort of test - they wanna know if you're the real deal and that might take months/years for them to confirm. I stood up to a few of them like I should have done years before. There's usually a breaking point with each person, where they either accept the new you or that relationship crumbles and the person slowly disappears from your life.

Some people will always see you as a pvssy if thats how they always knew you - they'll be in denial that you've changed over the years. Others will get jealous of your newfound success and be haters. But some will actually prefer who you become, they will show you more respect. It's actually improved some of my friendships, while it's ruined others.

JDA70

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Let's say that I've laid more women that you'll ever live to think about...let's also say that I'm tall and good-looking and rich, and that you're short and ugly and poor.

You still want me to succeed?

If you're honest, you'll admit that you hate me...that you want me to fail, so that you can feel secure about your having laid only a dozen women.

The only way you'll like me is if you look less ugly and are shorter than I. Then you'll perhaps consider me a hero and live vicariously through me...
Sorry but your wrong. I do not feel that way about people.

I don't hate other brothers out there in the game.

ChalengeGuyFan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You wrote this article because you were in the specific state.

You'll soon live the moment when wildly shagging a girl will seem the best thing possible. That is what your whole being will desire to do.

You'll get to the moment when improving for your career will seem the most important thing in the world and everything else will seem a joke comparatively.

You are now setting fake rules, all because of your current frame.
Instead of doing this, you should pay attention to what your whole being feels and desires at every moment and give it those things.

You feel like focusing on your hobbies? Go ahead and focus on your hobbies; ignore the rest.
But tomorrow when you'll die to fvck a hot chick, don't repress it because you've just a rule one day before.

Well, I hope I expressed my thoughts better than a boot could do and the right message got across.

Off to sleep now.
Cheers!

Don Israel

Don Juan
Reaction score
Some of you guys that experience the fact that no one wants you to succeed ,will hopefully be at a level where, you could care less of what a person wishes for you. The trick, for lack of a better word, is non-reactiveness on a external and internal plane. Their 'crap' should never affect us even to the smallest degree :

I have plenty of people including friends, colleagues, and even cousins that fake smiles and try to hide their jealousy, hate or whatever...

I'm generally non-reactive and cool, however when I first came to the conclusion (after much proof) that one of my 2nd cousin was , and still is, competing with me on all levels, I just couldn't believe it. I started talking about it to friends lol, coming up with theories to why and how and etc.

But that didn't help. I might have identified the reasons to why it was so, but in the end it never brought relief or even understanding. I would think about it, and come up with more 'theories' and that made it worse.

My point is, once you have identified that a particular person does not want you to succeed and you can clearly 'see' it, it's best to be non-reactive and not go further.

------------------------------------------

I state this because there are a FEW exceptions though, some people in your life might actually, all in all, WANT you to succeed.

Reaction score
Unbridled Phoenix says,

You will cease to use others as your yardstick when you realize who the competitor is; it is YOU. When you really take the reigns, as you are free to do anytime, you are freed from worrying about others.

You think more and more positively, you are giving your mind a direction and your life a purpose. You realize that the key to achieving your own success is to contribute to the success of others.

All in good time.

TOTALLY in agreement with this. It's just as bad to think everyone is your friend as it is to think everyone doesn't want you to succeed.

In all honesty, MOST people are so busy battling their own problems in life they could really care LESS about whether you sink or sail.

flint

Don Juan
Reaction score
Chalangeguyfan I thought what you wrote was very interesting actually, thank you.

Thank you guys for the input I really appreciate it. When you're trying to go through life and make changes it's helpful to know if you're on the right track or not.

sodbuster

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've told my sons,"it's easier for someone to try to pull you down than to build themselves up to stay even with you" "ignore the azzholes and succeed-even if the azzhole is your mother or me"[actually is their mother-she believes women rule and men drool]. So far, they are succeeding.