"Stop Asking Your Friends What to Text Her"

Your buddy Dave has been single for three years and thinks "hey u up" is a valid strategy. Your other buddy Mike just got dumped and told you to "just be yourself."

You showed them her text. You asked them to decode the emoji. You drafted four responses and sent the screenshot to the group chat for a vote.

She's been waiting forty minutes.

Put the phone down. Stop crowdsourcing your love life. Type something that sounds like you. Hit send. Then go do literally anything else with your evening.

Read more...

No Talking Game....how far to take it?

AFK Protector

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jan 3, 2004
Messages
1,596
Reaction score
4
Location
United States of America
I was flirting majorly with the girl I used to have oneitis on. However, this time, she wanted my book, but I never let her have it, and that led to some minor kinoing, LOTS of teasing, and eventually led to, her saying she hates me. Here's how it went:

her: give me your book.
me: ::starts giving it, then pulls it away:: whoops. too slow
her: i want your book.
me: hey, it's MY book. Find your own...thief.
her: ::does semi-mad puppy face:: awww, c'mon.
me: :D

So then blahblahblah, we tease, and I put my head down, and she tries to get the book, and that led to some kino...started out aggressive....softened up. then she goes:

her: ::does sad puppy face again:: i hate you (jokingly)
me: don't hate, but hey, if you don't like me, lets not talk.
her: fine
me: ::mocking her:: "fine"

So then I start chatting with my buddies and she takes out her calculator....starts typing in stuff. We have a calculator convo...weird stuff. here it is:

her: you are ugly and weird
me: good going, you lame
her: yo momma
me: yo whole ancestral generation
her: so unoriginal
me: so fugly
her: ::sees it and starts cracking up::

So yea, she laughs for a while. Then we get up, she says something and I say to a friend, "hey...did you hear that? sounded like something....something.....FUGLY"

she hears this, laughs and keeps this smile/blush on for a few minutes and says, "fine, i can do this too." (meaning she can play this game too). How long should I keep up this game? Did I do good with this girl? I don't think she's ever been challeneged before, so she was experiencing some masculinity for the first time.;)

Yea, she's got a BF, and he's a football player, but a ***** when hes with her. I know him and we're buds, but not anything real close. I'm not real interesting in pursuing her. I just want to know if I did good or not and whether i should keep this up, as a sort of connection between us. (makes that animal within her want me...rawr:D ) Thanks again fellow DJs.
 

"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

Fabrizio

Don Juan
Joined
Feb 28, 2004
Messages
66
Reaction score
0
Age
39
I think your the one who messed up there. Why didnt you just give her the book
 

Abnigh9

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jan 25, 2004
Messages
507
Reaction score
0
Location
Dooodoooo...
Originally posted by AFK Protector
ok thanks man. how did I mess up? well, i usually just give her anything she wants...homework...paper...you name it. I was trying to be a challenge. That's why.
Lol, but it seems like you ain't going out with this girl. Not until the next aeon.
 

"She's Out of Your League"

You've said it a hundred times. Maybe a thousand. And every time you say it, you train your brain to freeze the next time she walks into the room.

Leagues are a myth invented by guys who are scared of women.

She's a person. She has bad breath in the morning. She picks songs she can't sing in the shower. She overthinks her own texts.

Walk over. Say something. The league dissolves the second you open your mouth.

Read more...

HuuBinh

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Dec 3, 2002
Messages
292
Reaction score
2
Location
ATL
her: give me your book.
you: give me a french-kiss.
 

Walk this Way

Don Juan
Joined
Mar 2, 2004
Messages
107
Reaction score
1
There are better things you could have said, sure, but you did fine in terms of flirting.
 

ScrewIt

Master Don Juan
Joined
Feb 11, 2004
Messages
1,769
Reaction score
2
Originally posted by Walk this Way
There are better things you could have said, sure, but you did fine in terms of flirting.
yea you did alright, but i guess it was even possible to do even better

dont worry, this stuff takes practice and getting used to
 

MF28

Don Juan
Joined
Jan 22, 2004
Messages
11
Reaction score
0
i think everyone that posted here is a moron ... you did just fine, now continue to ignore her and she will start to become attracted to you .. make sure she works for everything you give her at this point, and start hinting to her that if you are going to do favors for her she needs to do them for you too, she'll know what you're talking about ... they always do
 

"You'll Never Feel READY to Walk Over"

Next Monday you'll feel more confident. After the gym you'll feel more confident. After one more drink you'll feel more confident. After you get a better haircut, a better jacket, a better job.

You've been "getting ready" for two years.

She's standing ten feet away right now. She'll be gone in four minutes. No amount of preparation will manufacture the courage that only comes from moving your feet.

Walk over. Stumble through the first sentence. Let it be clumsy. Let it be imperfect. You will feel more alive in those ten seconds than you have all month.

Read more...

Kineti[C]harm

Master Don Juan
Joined
Nov 16, 2003
Messages
1,520
Reaction score
2
Originally posted by MF28
i think everyone that posted here is a moron ... you did just fine, now continue to ignore her and she will start to become attracted to you ..
Like that is an exact science....
 

Abnigh9

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jan 25, 2004
Messages
507
Reaction score
0
Location
Dooodoooo...
Originally posted by MF28
i think everyone that posted here is a moron ... you did just fine, now continue to ignore her and she will start to become attracted to you .. make sure she works for everything you give her at this point, and start hinting to her that if you are going to do favors for her she needs to do them for you too, she'll know what you're talking about ... they always do
:rolleyes: Ok scientist, we're all moron"s". We're too stupid. Let's all hear this man's knowledge out.
 

DankNuggs

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 14, 2003
Messages
586
Reaction score
0
You did fine, don't go after girls with BF's especially BF's you know well...She probably being friendly, playing around...

You get the idea though...
 

“The 22 Rules That Flip the Script With Women… And How You Can Use Them Tonight”

Most guys accidentally kill attraction before they even speak. They assume they need a bigger bank account, a better physique, or smoother lines. They miss the point.

Female desire operates on a specific set of psychological triggers.  Break them, and you're invisible. Follow them, and you become magnetic.

I learned this the hard way. Years of freezing up. Getting friend-zoned. Watching other guys walk away with the girl I wanted. Then I discovered a set of 22 simple rules that rewired my entire approach.

Read more...

Top