"She Liked You in March. It's October Now."

Attraction runs on a clock.

She flirted for weeks. Touched your arm. Found reasons to be alone with you. And you were careful. Respectful. Waiting for the right moment.

The moment had a shelf life. It expired around month two, and by the time you asked her out, she'd quietly filed you under "little brother."

One of the hardest lessons inside the 22 Rules: women rarely wait. Interest either grows or it decays, and nothing decays it faster than a man who never moves.

Make the move while she's still inventing reasons to be near you.

Read more...

No more IL??? Should i call??

pg5781

Don Juan
Joined
Nov 29, 2003
Messages
24
Reaction score
0
I was seeing this girl for about two months starting back in November. Every time we hung out together we had a blast. I was C&F, never called on back to back days, and played it very smart. She even said that she’s kind of intimidated by me (I’m 4 years older) So everything was all good.

Around Christmas time, she had her grandparents visiting her family. So for about a three week period, we didn’t see each other and barely talked to each other. I would call and she wouldn’t pick up or return my phone call for a couple of days. When she would call back, she said she’s been so busy with her family and work that she didn’t have time to call back. Everytime we made plans, she had to cancel because of her grandparents. Based on our chemistry and attraction for each other, I believed her when I normally would think there was no IL anymore.

One night we went to the movies and everything was great, we laughed and had a good time. When I dropped her off we made out for a while and she said call me Saturday so we can go out. I said maybe we’ll see. She said ok.

I didn’t call her that Saturday because I was playing it cool so I called her on Sunday night just to talk for a few mins. She didn’t pick up her phone. Wednesday comes around and I still didn’t get a call back so I sent her a text message saying if she got my call (She has had serious phone problems where she doesn’t get text messages and calls sometimes, ive seen it first hand). She said yeah im sorry, ive been so busy. So on Thursday, she calls and says that shes been so busy and that she doesn’t think now is a good time to have a bf. She wants to be friends. I was kind of in shock and said that’s cool but im not down with the whole friends thing. I said give me a call when you’re not so busy and we’ll see what happens. She said I probably will.

Sorry for the length but my question to you guys, is do you guys think she really was busy and couldn’t hang out or do you think she was just saying that to make the break up easier??? I know from the whole story, it seems like she was genuinely busy. But my problem is with the not returning the phone calls. I don’t think there is one person out there that doesn’t have 2 minutes out of the day to return a phone call. If she was really interested, wouldn’t she have tried to make time to call back?? Its been about a month and a half since we spoke that night and I’m thinking about calling her just to say whats up. I was seeing this other girl for a few weeks but it wasn’t working out for me so I kind of want to call my girl back. Do you think I should just wait for her to call me back like I told her to?? Or do you guys think she lost IL and to move on?
 

"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

DJ_Dork

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jun 29, 2003
Messages
1,178
Reaction score
0
Age
48
Try to communicate her and ask "What's going on" question direct to what you are wondering about her (her being distant, etc.)

DUDE, when a girl tells you to call her on a specific day, YOU DO IT. "Play it cool" does not work if someone requests you to do something specifically.

The phone is a girl's EGO weapon... remember that. Sometimes girls do not return your calls, do not take it personal.. they're psychos so they think it's normal to not call you back.
 

playfulboy

Don Juan
Joined
Jun 6, 2003
Messages
31
Reaction score
0
Age
55
Location
The Antipodes
DUDE, when a girl tells you to call her on a specific day, YOU DO IT. "Play it cool" does not work if someone requests you to do something specifically.
Totally agreed - if you don't call back, then it seems to her you've broken a promise and that you're unreliable.

I think there is too much advice on here about avoiding phonecalls. Sure, you should avoid calling all the time, but if she asks you to call on a certain day, call or she'll think -YOUR- IL in her has gone down (which may have been the case here).
 

NewMan

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jul 29, 2003
Messages
2,406
Reaction score
16
Location
Los Angeles
Agree you should call the girl on that day...

There is such a thing as playing it to cool....

It can have the opposite effect.

Play it cool emotionally - not getting heavy with her etc...

But don't throw away an opportunity to go out with her if your not going out with another chicky...

I'd call her back.

Tell her that you'd like to see her - maybe shoot some pool and hang out.

Go from there.
 
Top