"The Kiss of Death Mistake"

You replay the conversation at 2 a.m. She texted back fast yesterday. Today, nothing. Was that smile friendly or flirty? What did the shoulder touch mean?

Every hour you spend decoding her signals drains your confidence and hands her the controls. Women can sense that insecurity from across the room — and it repels them.

One of the "22 Rules" kills the obsession on the spot: assume she likes you, and act accordingly. Sounds too simple. Works anyway.

Her interest tends to rise to meet your expectations. Psychologists call it a self-fulfilling prophecy.

Read more...

No Life

Maxtro

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 6, 2004
Messages
3,198
Reaction score
31
Location
Kalifornicatia
Is there anybody who does not have a life? I mean sitting at home all day, using the computer constantly, not having any friends, kind of no life. I am trying to succeed/get started with this game of women but I have so many issues that are holding me back.

To get started I don’t have any friends. The only people I know and have spent time with are my chick neighbor and a guy I met online who lives in the city I do. I used to spend a lot of time with my neighbor; we usually just hang out together. Unfortunately I haven’t spent any time with her in about a month because she’s always busy but oddly enough one evening she just showed up at my house, told me that she was in a hurry, gave me her cell number, and called me while she was driving, asking what I’ve been up to. Then she told me that she had to hang up and focus on where she was going to. I called back later that night, she told me that she was busy with homework and would call me back, which she never did of course. Last I talked to her was several days ago. Interestingly enough I found her profile on yahoo personals. So I know she’s looking, just not in my direction.

I’d say my guy friend is a natural and he is always with a girl. He’s very relaxed and outgoing with them. In the months I’ve known him he’s had two girlfriends and I don’t think he’s been single. At one point he had two f*ck buddies at the same time. He has a big social circle and knows several girls. I’ve been to a couple of parties that he’s thrown. For some reason our “friendship” is 90% online, only talking on AIM. Even though we live 5 minutes apart we have done almost nothing together. Were both over 21 but we’ve never gone to a bar, club or any kind of event. Besides the rare party I’ve only gone to his house and done some errands. He knows that I suck with girls and need all the help in the world. Up until recently I’ve told him everyday that we should go out and do something but we never do. The only time we’ve ever hung out was when he invited me. Last time was a couple of weeks ago. I’m basically going to have to forget about this guy even though I really need a friend, especially a guy who is good with girls.

I’m also going to school but only at night and I’m taking only computer classes. There are no girls and only nerdy guys. I also work part-time at Longs Drugs. There are several guys and girls my age that I talk to but I never see any of them outside of work. There are a couple of guys that I’d like to hang out with but I don’t have a clue how to make friends anymore. I’ve only been “friends” with my neighbor and the online guy for a few months. Before that I didn’t have any friends for a couple of years. I blew off my friends from HS a year after we graduated because we were all a bunch of dorks and not one of us had a GF. I desperately wanted a girl and they weren’t helping.

So here I am now; a depressed, introverted guy who hasn’t left his house for anything other than school or work in a week. I have no game and have only been in one brief relationship that lasted two weeks and I was dumped; by a fat girl. I need to jump start my life but I can’t find the cables.
 

"You'll Never Feel READY to Walk Over"

Next Monday you'll feel more confident. After the gym you'll feel more confident. After one more drink you'll feel more confident. After you get a better haircut, a better jacket, a better job.

You've been "getting ready" for two years.

She's standing ten feet away right now. She'll be gone in four minutes. No amount of preparation will manufacture the courage that only comes from moving your feet.

Walk over. Stumble through the first sentence. Let it be clumsy. Let it be imperfect. You will feel more alive in those ten seconds than you have all month.

Read more...

mamefan77

Don Juan
Joined
Dec 11, 2003
Messages
18
Reaction score
0
Originally posted by Maxtro
I also work part-time at Longs Drugs. There are several guys and girls my age that I talk to but I never see any of them outside of work.

This is where u need to re-focus your efforts. There's got to be at least one gal there ud be interested in. Its so easy to chat up a bit in the break room a time or two, then ask her if she wants to grab a bite after work.
 

tom121

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Sep 28, 2004
Messages
334
Reaction score
0
think about this, there are A LOT of people like you.

I am one myself :( plus I won't go to college until January, 2005

so 2 months of emptiness... well actually on friday night, 2 of my friend (same high school) I talk on msn everyday just showed up at my door (I remember the last time they came over was Sep.)

jeez and guess what happened? we went for a drive around the city, we end up at this mall. I'll make the story short

one friend (let's call him M.) he has to go home, and he lives like 5 minutes from the mall.

the other one (let's call him T.) his gf was there, they went to see a movie, I was like "dude you got to give me a ride home, I don't wanna wait for the bus in the rain" he was like just take the bus man,, what a friend :rolleyes:

I am going to try meet new people day by day, start small, because I am tired of being lonely.

I think I need a new hair style so I might go get a hair cut tomorrow, plus its next to the mall so I'll walk around the mall and meet people (hopefully I won't ***** out like the past 3 times) :p
 

Walden

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jun 5, 2003
Messages
1,333
Reaction score
5
Location
New Zealand
Max don't sweat it man, youre obviously a cool guy it's just a matter of meeting cool people to hang out with.
Hit your old friends back tho dude, a lot of my old mates were dorks then (so was I ) and are now really together people.
 

true|hockey

Don Juan
Joined
Dec 5, 2003
Messages
153
Reaction score
0
i'll follow up on this origional post by saying meet the right friends. So often, we can meet good people, but they are just useless when it comes to actually wanting to go out, party, socialize and have a god time. Its actually better if your friend has a girlfriend or something, because if they like to go out in groups, its an easy way to meet other women ( girls always know single friends).

Its difficult in these kinds of majors to make friends with women, because there are none. Just start by making friends with people in your classes that are also single and want to go out and sarge around town. believe me, i am sure there are single guys in a computer science class.

again the key, start making friends...any friends. Things should fall into place if you have fun when you go out.
 

“The 22 Psychological Triggers That Make Women Chase You… Starting Tonight”

Forget the cash, the cars, and the chiseled jawlines. Female desire operates on a completely different frequency. Primal. Subconscious. Triggers that bypass her logic and hit her on a gut level. Most guys are totally blind to them.

I know because I was one of them. The overthinking. The paralysis. The silent drive home kicking yourself for freezing up. Watching average guys walk away with the girl while you stood there stuck in your own head.

Then I decoded the psychology behind what actually makes women tick. 22 hard rules.  Subtle behavioral shifts that rewired my entire reality. The anxiety evaporated. Women started leaning in. Investing. Chasing.

Read more...

ScrewIt

Master Don Juan
Joined
Feb 11, 2004
Messages
1,769
Reaction score
2
dont sweat it. there are plenty of people like you.
my bro who's 25 is in a similar situation like you. he's moved to delware over a year ago and he doesnt have much of a social life. he has made friends with coworkers there but around his age, everyone has responsibilities and whatnot. so most of the time he wont be doing much. yet ever opportunity he has to go on business trips, he takes them cause it's always a chance for him to meet people and for him its a social event.

I think a lot of people around their 20's already have problem with making friends.
#1 many people have their own circle of friends and find no need to make new ones.
#2 old circle of friends is gone cause friends come and go (different paths in life)

so yea a good thing to do might be to find out about events happening in the city or join the local gym and meet ppl there, which would bring you off on a good start to meeting ppl
 

Kidd

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Sep 7, 2004
Messages
331
Reaction score
2
Ugh. Come on..

WHY dont you have a life? The answer is probably because of you.

Alot of issues holding you back like having no friends? Bull****. YOU are holding yourself back. Having no friends is simply an excuse, you know this is true.

I dont like this advice in most cases, but you need to go read the DJ Bible, get off your lazy ass, and start DOING.


And to Tom:

Who says that once you enter college you are going to have a life all of a sudden? A new haircut won't help you get a life either.

Read the DJ bible.

That is all.
 

PoloBlue

Don Juan
Joined
Oct 31, 2004
Messages
198
Reaction score
1
Im in the same situation, I have no social life and no friends, Im kind of a "loner" I never kept in touch with old friends either, I often go out all by myself, to dinner, movies, shopping, sight seeing, etc.

Im use to it, I never was a social type of person, never liked hanging with crowds or having lots of friends.

Im not bad looking or anything, women are attracted to me.

it's mainly because of my personality, Im just not the out going type.

Ive learned that the only person that can do anything about it is you! you have to make the change, they wont come to you.
 

Maxtro

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 6, 2004
Messages
3,198
Reaction score
31
Location
Kalifornicatia
Originally posted by mamefan77
This is where u need to re-focus your efforts. There's got to be at least one gal there ud be interested in. Its so easy to chat up a bit in the break room a time or two, then ask her if she wants to grab a bite after work.
Actually I think I focus a little too much effort on the girls at my work. In the seven months I’ve been there I’ve wanted to date or have sex with six girls that have worked there. I dated one, she made all the moves. I asked out another and she gave me the run around. I always work the night shift and I always get off at 10. There’s a new black girl who seems to be into me but she has a boyfriend. She’s asked me the usual interest showing questions; “do you have a girlfriend,” “what kind of girls do you like,” “what do you do for fun?” Later on we were talking about relationships and she said that most guys and girls don’t care if somebody else has a girl or boy friend, if they’re interested they should just go for it. I’m thinking that she wants me to ask her out or something.

tom121,
That’s messed up. Good luck though.

Walden,
I don’t know about getting back with my old friends. I haven’t spoken to any of them in over two years plus I don’t know how to get a hold of them. When I look back at High School, I wish I would have joined a sports team and made friends with the “cool” guys. If I’ve done that I might have gotten laid back then.

Originally posted by true|hockey
i'll follow up on this origional post by saying meet the right friends. So often, we can meet good people, but they are just useless when it comes to actually wanting to go out, party, socialize and have a god time. Its actually better if your friend has a girlfriend or something, because if they like to go out in groups, its an easy way to meet other women ( girls always know single friends).
That’s exactly how I feel, he’s useless. Right now I see him on AIM and I’m not even going to bother messaging him. I’d actually wish that he was single so he would be motivated to go out and sarge. But no, he’s perfectly content. What’s weird is that we’ve never gone out in groups. I’ve only hung with him or with him and his GF. Another strange thing is one day when we were talking on AIM, I asked if his GF had any single friends and he said no. I know she was in his room but I wonder if he actually asked her or just said no right away. If the situation was reversed I would do everything I could to help him.

Originally posted by true|hockey
Its difficult in these kinds of majors to make friends with women, because there are none. Just start by making friends with people in your classes that are also single and want to go out and sarge around town. believe me, i am sure there are single guys in a computer science class.

again the key, start making friends...any friends. Things should fall into place if you have fun when you go out. [/B]
I’m really not sure about the guys in my class. Most of the guys are total nerds and they actually look like the scare normal girls away. There’s one guy who seems decent but he’s always talking about video games and that’s a chapter of my life I closed a year ago. But then I sit back and think, having dorky friends is better than none.

ScrewIt,
I think #1 applies to the AIM guy. I know he doesn’t think highly of me and his other friends are more important. If anything he thinks I’m a joke because I have no game at all and he feels sorry for me.

#2 is me. I might join a gym but I don’t know if I could meet people.

Kidd,
Thanks for providing an opposing view.

Of course the reason I don’t have a life is my fault. I don’t have some kind of demon fox in me that everybody is scared of. (Little anime pun) Having no friends is definitely an issue. Everybody needs to have fun in their lives and being a hermit isn’t healthy. I could go out alone but I simply don’t enjoy it. Having people to hang with is also beneficial to a relationship. When I had my girlfriend I wanted to be with her everyday, I had nobody else to hang with. After we broke up she told me that it bugged her that I wanted to be with her all the time.

Does the bible have a section on getting a social life?

PoloBlue,
You sound a lot like what I used to be. I used to go see movies by myself, go to clubs, the malls etc Then it just started getting boring, not having anybody to talk to. I’ve always been kind of a loaner and never been the outgoing type. But now I wish that I was extroverted.

I want to make the change and start enjoying life, but it’s hard. I don’t really know how to start. I don’t even know how to make friends or what to do with them.
 

jakethasnake

Master Don Juan
Joined
Nov 13, 2001
Messages
3,010
Reaction score
5
Max,


Come on. Ask yourself deep down - are you trying to be friends with this guy because you are attracted to his character, his loyalty, the fun you have when you kick it with him? It's obvious the answer is NO - you are only attracted to what he can bring you - hopefully some of his "mojo" that you desperately wish would rub off on you, and maybe even some left-over bytches that might fall off his table and down onto the floor where you are, where you will be waiting, grateful for even the scraps that fall your way.


That is a very selfish thing to do, and I'm sure your so-called friends senses this. I can sense when people want things from me too, and it puts my guard up.


I am disappointed in you because you've thrown away your humanity and decency to get puzzy. You've sold out your friends - as dorky as they are, they are still your friends. You sold them downriver on a canoe like an unwanted newborn. That is a pretty messed up thing to do - like you somehow "deserve" better? In addition to LOYALTY I believe that the most important quality in a man is to KNOW HIS CURRENT POSITION IN LIFE - only when a man has a realistic grounding on his current place in his life, can he come up with a concrete and realistic plan to improve his life. A dork who thinks he is a shyt will only make a fool of himself. This site is half propaganda and bullshyt designed to get the panties of desperate newbies wet, with sweeping statement like "you can replace your friends anytime - don't worry!", and "You are the Man! Only your desires and concerns matter!" - they're holding up pictures of expensive mansions and cars in front of you, and you're falling for it. You must exercise caution to not fall for that proverbial 'carrot on a stick'.


Remember that you are a dork yourself - what makes you think that you will be able to just toss aside your dorky friends with expectations of making a whole bunch of "cool" friends and banging hot chicks? It doesn't work that way - you have to gradually build yourself up, both socially, mentally, physically, financially, until other people see something within you that they find valuable and desirable. All personal relationships are about trade-offs in the end, and ultimately I don't think that's unreasonable. That's just how life is. Women marry men because they are able to provide for them, or give them prestige. Men marry women because they are attractive. People become friends because they see something in them that they would like to emulate/learn from. That's fine - BUT YOU MUST HAVE SOMETHING TO OFFER IN RETURN. It's that simple.



Basically, you are a beggar that wants a million dollars. So I tell you now, beggar - what on earth do you have that makes you think you deserve a million dollars? I don't see enough, at this present time. You need to get an education, get some work skills first. Then we can talk business. The same analogy applies to your quest for new "better" friends and a love life.



You need to have PATIENCE for now - stay humble. Work out, get new clothes, a new image. Make friends with anyone if you're that lonely - you are in no position to ask for or demand ultra-hip friends. Just be friendly, build up a social circle - and then wait for that oppurtunity - maybe one of your friends (the ones you made without any consideration for their "coolness") will know a "cooler" guy - try to hit it off with him - talk hobbies, girls, whatever. If you get into people's minds/hearts that way, they will trust you. Then you are in their social circle. And once you find that "cool" social circle, you have social proof. Women will see that you have good guy friends that aren't embarrassing, and they will want to know you. Then work from there.



By the way, this thread has made me realize that the great majority of the "DJ"s here anything but - in fact, I'm sure a significant fraction are actually quite desperate - they aren't even "average" - they are very desperate like our poor Max here.



And Max, don't take this as me kicking dirt in your face when you're down. This is all meant to help you see the light. Don't fall for all that BS that floats around this site, admist the infrequent bits of good advice.
 

"You'll Never Feel READY to Walk Over"

Next Monday you'll feel more confident. After the gym you'll feel more confident. After one more drink you'll feel more confident. After you get a better haircut, a better jacket, a better job.

You've been "getting ready" for two years.

She's standing ten feet away right now. She'll be gone in four minutes. No amount of preparation will manufacture the courage that only comes from moving your feet.

Walk over. Stumble through the first sentence. Let it be clumsy. Let it be imperfect. You will feel more alive in those ten seconds than you have all month.

Read more...

One on One

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jan 7, 2003
Messages
1,172
Reaction score
3
Location
Omnipresent
Maxtro,

I'm a lot like you. I prefer being alone a lot of the time, but life does get boring after a while with nobody to talk to. I only have two real friends right now and I only see them maybe once or twice a week. I am friendly with some people at work, but I wouldn't hang out with any of them except for maybe this one chick I wanna bang. So, most of my life right now is spent on my own. It gets boring, but I don't really have any avenues to meet people now that I'm out of college and I'm not yet interested in getting a full time job where I could meet people more similar to me.

Anyways, my advice to you is to start making small talk to the people you are around. If a group at work is doing something for lunch or whatever, just go ahead and invite yourself. You have to take the initiative. I think back on how I made my two current friends, who are great friends, and it was almost three years ago, and what happened is we played a basketball game and afterwards they were going to get something to eat, and I kinda just tagged along and we kinda hit it off. It's little things like that. I bet you find small talk and introductions very boring and banal like I do, but sometimes you have to put yourself out there often enough to make friends.
 

DJBen

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jun 6, 2004
Messages
978
Reaction score
1
Age
40
Location
Mansfield, Notts
Stop complaining and grab your balls.

I sometimes find it amazingly hard to be social with new people, unless I've had a few beers. It's just that I go blank and never know what to say. It's been getting better with time though.

I've found that as long as you're your own man, and you have interests and things you find cool, you'll be able to talk easier. Sure, you wont be 'mates' with everyone. You'll probably offend a few people. But you'll also find some well-suited friends with the same interest, where you'll get the entire

"Jesus christ! I thought I was the only one that watched / played ___blahblahblah___!"

situations going on. Then you have some common ground to talk on, and socialising becomes pitifully easy.
 

One on One

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jan 7, 2003
Messages
1,172
Reaction score
3
Location
Omnipresent
jake,

I don't think Max "sold them downriver on a canoe like an unwanted newborn." He changed. It happens to a lot of people. If the people you hang out with play video games all the time and that is what they talk about, then if you decide video games are a waste of time, you will probably move on. He doesn't have to trade up gradually as you are suggesting. It's OK to just start over, which is what he is trying to do.
 

jakethasnake

Master Don Juan
Joined
Nov 13, 2001
Messages
3,010
Reaction score
5
Originally posted by One on One
jake,

I don't think Max "sold them downriver on a canoe like an unwanted newborn." He changed. It happens to a lot of people. If the people you hang out with play video games all the time and that is what they talk about, then if you decide video games are a waste of time, you will probably move on. He doesn't have to trade up gradually as you are suggesting. It's OK to just start over, which is what he is trying to do.

I disagree. To me all the signs point toward that conclusion because he talks about wanting to be friends with this other guy because he has girlfriends, fvckbuddies, and cool friends, etc. etc. etc. Maybe he can give us a straight answer, coz you don't speak for him (unless... you know him?).
 

Gollum

Don Juan
Joined
Nov 10, 2004
Messages
10
Reaction score
0
Hey Maxtro. I second most of the advice that's been posted here. I've never had no friends, but my circle of friends had become quite small after I finished my first degree. My life changed a lot when I moved cities and started a Masters degree. Because everyone on the course was in the same boat - nobody knew anybody - it was easy to make new friends, a lot easier than moving in to an established group (Even though it was a CS course, there were lots of cool people and a few HBs). So I reckon the best thing you could do would be to go somewhere where nobody knows anybody - a new class, a new hobby, whatever. If you can't find anything like that, at least get into a social club where nobody knows you, and make an effort to be friendly from the start. That's easier than getting past a "no friends" first impression that people who know you might have.
 

“The 22 Rules That Flip the Script With Women… And How You Can Use Them Tonight”

Most guys accidentally kill attraction before they even speak. They assume they need a bigger bank account, a better physique, or smoother lines. They miss the point.

Female desire operates on a specific set of psychological triggers.  Break them, and you're invisible. Follow them, and you become magnetic.

I learned this the hard way. Years of freezing up. Getting friend-zoned. Watching other guys walk away with the girl I wanted. Then I discovered a set of 22 simple rules that rewired my entire approach.

Read more...

tom121

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Sep 28, 2004
Messages
334
Reaction score
0
Originally posted by Kidd
And to Tom:

Who says that once you enter college you are going to have a life all of a sudden? A new haircut won't help you get a life either.

Read the DJ bible.

That is all.
well look at it this way

now = no job (that 3 on-call job never called me and it's been 4 weeks), no friends visiting, I usually sleep at 4-5 in the morning, wake up around 12-1 in the afternoon, it all goes in circle everyday... sometimes I just go to mall to buy something I need, on weekend I go grocery shopping with my sister...


college = no job, someone to talk to at school and outside, my in-regular sleep won't happen now


as for haircut, it will improve my overall look and self steam, if the haircut looks good on me
 

One on One

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jan 7, 2003
Messages
1,172
Reaction score
3
Location
Omnipresent
Originally posted by jakethasnake
I disagree. To me all the signs point toward that conclusion because he talks about wanting to be friends with this other guy because he has girlfriends, fvckbuddies, and cool friends, etc. etc. etc. Maybe he can give us a straight answer, coz you don't speak for him (unless... you know him?).
Well, I wasn't commenting on the part about wanting to be friends with the other guy because I didn't read that part very closely. I was only talking about the fact that he left his old friends and there's nothing inherently wrong with that.
 

Luveno

Master Don Juan
Joined
Aug 15, 2004
Messages
1,107
Reaction score
12
Age
44
Max,

I agree with jakethasnake. Come on man, you haven't even touched the DJ bible. Go read it.
You're talking like a cat in heat. You are so desperate for a screw that everyone can see it. This is why you have no friends. Everyone who you want to get to know feels like you're only there to leech something from them, and by the way you're talking, it's true.
I consider myself a competent DJ, who has learned from countless failures how to make countless victories. One thing I always knew, even before I started following DJ philosophy, is loyalty. Sure, your friends are dorky and do nothing but play video games. So are some of mine. And you know what? They're still some of my best friends. If you don't like how they don't want to go out and do anything, convince them to go with you. You have to take charge or something. Complaining to us that you can't find any cool friends is ridiculous. It makes you look like a tryhard. Nobody wants to be around a tryhard. Dropping them because they like "dorky" things and can't get you laid is also a tryhard move.
If you had read the DJ bible it would have made it obvious that we, as men, do not NEED women. We need to improve ourselves. The women are a bonus for that. We do not focus our lives on trying to get them in bed.
Right now I can only view you as a selfish prick who is desperate for sex. Get a hold of yourself, man.

PS By the way, I am not trying to insult you. I am merely telling you how you come across to me. This is most likely how you are coming across to others as well.
 

Maxtro

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 6, 2004
Messages
3,198
Reaction score
31
Location
Kalifornicatia
Wow, some very good replies here. And no I wasn’t offended by anybody.

Originally posted by jakethasnake
Max,


Come on. Ask yourself deep down - are you trying to be friends with this guy because you are attracted to his character, his loyalty, the fun you have when you kick it with him? It's obvious the answer is NO - you are only attracted to what he can bring you - hopefully some of his "mojo" that you desperately wish would rub off on you, and maybe even some left-over bytches that might fall off his table and down onto the floor where you are, where you will be waiting, grateful for even the scraps that fall your way.


That is a very selfish thing to do, and I'm sure your so-called friends senses this. I can sense when people want things from me too, and it puts my guard up.
You are about 70% correct in this. But on top of wanting to learn a few things and maybe get some scraps, I do actually want his friendship. We’ve actually had an argument several months ago where I basically told him that what most from him was to get a girl or get laid. He stopped talking to me for a couple of months and recently he let me back into his circle. In that time period I got myself a GF and learned a few life lessons in the process. While I would still love it if he could get me laid or help me get a girl, I’m not expecting him to, or asking him about it. I just want to be in his company because I’m so damn lonely. The last time we hung out was when he asked me to help dig a big hole in his backyard. I’m jump at any reason to hang with him. I wouldn’t care if he said that he would never help me get a girl, I’d still want to be his friend.
Originally posted by jakethasnake

I am disappointed in you because you've thrown away your humanity and decency to get puzzy. You've sold out your friends - as dorky as they are, they are still your friends. You sold them downriver on a canoe like an unwanted newborn. That is a pretty messed up thing to do - like you somehow "deserve" better? In addition to LOYALTY I believe that the most important quality in a man is to KNOW HIS CURRENT POSITION IN LIFE - only when a man has a realistic grounding on his current place in his life, can he come up with a concrete and realistic plan to improve his life. A dork who thinks he is a shyt will only make a fool of himself. This site is half propaganda and bullshyt designed to get the panties of desperate newbies wet, with sweeping statement like "you can replace your friends anytime - don't worry!", and "You are the Man! Only your desires and concerns matter!" - they're holding up pictures of expensive mansions and cars in front of you, and you're falling for it. You must exercise caution to not fall for that proverbial 'carrot on a stick'.
[/B]
I didn’t sell out my friends. I just stopped returning their phone calls because I got tired of hanging with them. But at that time I didn’t know the value of friendship. They say you don’t know how important something is until you loose it. I don’t understand how loyalty plays a part in what I’ve done.

I know full well that I’m a dork and that I’m not as good as the average guy. I’m very close to the bottom. When I first came to this site my only concern was loosing my virginity and getting a girlfriend. Oddly enough I achieved both of those without using anything from here. Needless to say they were only partial successes.

Adding to what One on One said I changed and was no longer content with what my friends were doing. Also I’m not looking for cool people to become friends with. I just don’t want to be with a group of guys who are as low as me because we’d accomplish nothing. Now I think I’m contradicting myself. Because I’m so messed up I would choose to be friends with a guy who had a GF or is good with women over a guy who’s like me. But just an average guy would do. I didn’t know anything about the online guy when we first met. Not until I realized that he had a couple of girls and was having sex almost everyday did I begin to wonder if he could help me get some.
Originally posted by jakethasnake

Remember that you are a dork yourself - what makes you think that you will be able to just toss aside your dorky friends with expectations of making a whole bunch of "cool" friends and banging hot chicks? It doesn't work that way - you have to gradually build yourself up, both socially, mentally, physically, financially, until other people see something within you that they find valuable and desirable. All personal relationships are about trade-offs in the end, and ultimately I don't think that's unreasonable. That's just how life is. Women marry men because they are able to provide for them, or give them prestige. Men marry women because they are attractive. People become friends because they see something in them that they would like to emulate/learn from. That's fine - BUT YOU MUST HAVE SOMETHING TO OFFER IN RETURN. It's that simple.
Is this how friendships really are? The only thing I have to offer is my company and to a guy who’s got a GF and other friends that doesn’t mean a lot. This paragraph really scares me.
Originally posted by jakethasnake

You need to have PATIENCE for now - stay humble. Work out, get new clothes, a new image. Make friends with anyone if you're that lonely - you are in no position to ask for or demand ultra-hip friends. Just be friendly, build up a social circle - and then wait for that oppurtunity - maybe one of your friends (the ones you made without any consideration for their "coolness") will know a "cooler" guy - try to hit it off with him - talk hobbies, girls, whatever. If you get into people's minds/hearts that way, they will trust you. Then you are in their social circle. And once you find that "cool" social circle, you have social proof. Women will see that you have good guy friends that aren't embarrassing, and they will want to know you. Then work from there.
Patience is very hard for me to come by. I’m extremely desperate and I’m trying very hard not to show it. I’m starting to work out, and I’ve gone shopping with my neighbor a few times and I have recently gotten a new image. I’m friendly to everybody and almost everybody is to me. Talk about hobbies and girls to guys? I honestly hadn’t thought about that. Any ideas how to start?

Originally posted by jakethasnake

By the way, this thread has made me realize that the great majority of the "DJ"s here anything but - in fact, I'm sure a significant fraction are actually quite desperate - they aren't even "average" - they are very desperate like our poor Max here.

And Max, don't take this as me kicking dirt in your face when you're down. This is all meant to help you see the light. Don't fall for all that BS that floats around this site, admist the infrequent bits of good advice.
Thank you for your post Jake. It was a breath of fresh air.

One on One,
There are two maybe three guys at my work that I would like to hang out with. The hard part about doing anything with them is that we usually work different shifts and when we do work it’s the night shift which ends at 10. Also the two guys are only 18 so we’re kind of limited on what we can do. I’m also an introverted guy so its very hard for me to invite people. Plus I don’t want to seem stupid for trying to invite them to something they would think is lame. As far as I know we all go our separate ways after work.

DJBen,
My interests are very limited. And I wouldn’t dare talking computers or anime with real people. I also go blank and usually don’t know what to say or even how to act.

Gollum,
I’m currently going to a Jr. College and most of the people there already know each other and they are already in their own groups. I’m guessing a lot of them went to HS together. I need to make a huge effort to be friendly but I’m also afraid of looking stupid.
 

Maxtro

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 6, 2004
Messages
3,198
Reaction score
31
Location
Kalifornicatia
Message was too long.

Originally posted by Luveno
Max,

I agree with jakethasnake. Come on man, you haven't even touched the DJ bible. Go read it.
You're talking like a cat in heat. You are so desperate for a screw that everyone can see it. This is why you have no friends. Everyone who you want to get to know feels like you're only there to leech something from them, and by the way you're talking, it's true.

Interesting analogy and its true. Let’s see here; I’ve only had sex 5 times in my life and only with older women that I’ve met on sex websites or sex clubs. I lost my virginity to a hooker at 22. Last time I got laid was four months ago. I’ve only had one girlfriend also at 22 and that only lasted two-weeks and we never had sex and she also never got me off. I’ve never had sex with a girl that I wanted. It should be obvious why I am how I am.
Originally posted by Luveno

I consider myself a competent DJ, who has learned from countless failures how to make countless victories. One thing I always knew, even before I started following DJ philosophy, is loyalty. Sure, your friends are dorky and do nothing but play video games. So are some of mine. And you know what? They're still some of my best friends. If you don't like how they don't want to go out and do anything, convince them to go with you. You have to take charge or something. Complaining to us that you can't find any cool friends is ridiculous. It makes you look like a tryhard. Nobody wants to be around a tryhard. Dropping them because they like "dorky" things and can't get you laid is also a tryhard move.
Tryhard? One important point is that it is too late to say my friendships with those guys. We haven’t spoken in years and I have no idea where they live or how to contact them.
Originally posted by Luveno

If you had read the DJ bible it would have made it obvious that we, as men, do not NEED women. We need to improve ourselves. The women are a bonus for that. We do not focus our lives on trying to get them in bed.
Right now I can only view you as a selfish prick who is desperate for sex. Get a hold of yourself, man.

PS By the way, I am not trying to insult you. I am merely telling you how you come across to me. This is most likely how you are coming across to others as well.
I have read parts of the DJ bible but I should read it all. The whole philosophy that men don’t need women goes against my very nature. There is nothing that I want more than a woman. Yes I am a selfish prick who is desperate for sex. Once I start actively having sex, I wonder what kind of person I am?

BTW I think the only people that know or suspect that I’m desperate for sex are the people who read my posts, my online friend and my ex. I doubt anybody else can tell because I never talk about it.

Anyways thank you for the replies guys. They’ve been very helpful. Now who volunteers to get me laid? Just kidding.
 
Last edited:

"She Wants a Man, Not a Boy"

You asked her if she wanted to grab coffee. Then you asked if the time worked. Then you asked if the place was okay. Then you asked if she'd prefer tea.

Four questions. Four chances for her to say no. Four signals that you're terrified of making a decision.

Plan it. Pick the place. Pick the time. Tell her where to meet you. She'll either show up or she won't.

Either way, you look like a man instead of a scared little boy.

Read more...

Top