Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

No gym workouts?

BuddhaSMASH

Don Juan
Reaction score
I have no money for a gym membership and no home gym equipment. Can anyone PLEASE help me figure out a workout routine that will help me drop weight (I need to lose 80 lbs) and gain muscle without weights?

BuddhaSMASH

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by GigaloDJ
If you want to lose 80 lbs., you should not focus on building muscles at this point.

You need to do AEROBIC exercises and workouts. Jogging and such.

STRETCH. A LOT. ALL THE TIME, especially before any kind of workout.
Yeah, I realize this. I'm in the midst of an intense aerobic routine. But everything I've read says that muscle burns fat, plain and simple. Thats why I want to build muscle in the process. Anyone have any info that is helpful?

mateo_g

Don Juan
Reaction score
I agree that you should be out walking/running, doing a cycle or some other form of cardio until you drop weight. Then get on to lifting.

For lifting, you can get ghetto, or you can look in the classified adds for used free weights. This is a GREAT place to get dirt cheap benches, weights, bars and etc. People get this stuff, never use it, and sell it at yardsales and in the papers.

Get some paint cans/water jugs, broomsticks, and some sand. You can do the major compound exercises (squats, deadlifts, military press, bench press, clean and jerk) with a bit of creative thinking.

Also do wide h and placement and narrow hand placement pushups, get some chairs and do dips, one leg standing squat with your arms folded, crunches - hell, you can get yourself into really great shape just using your body weight - but you won't get very big until you can get into a regular free weight program.

Neo

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by BuddhaSMASH
Yeah, I realize this. I'm in the midst of an intense aerobic routine. But everything I've read says that muscle burns fat, plain and simple. Thats why I want to build muscle in the process. Anyone have any info that is helpful?
more muscle speeds up your metabolism, so yea, in essence it burns fat, but you can't burn fat and gain muscle at the same time, you'd have to be some sort of genetic freak to pull that off.
See, when losing weight (fat) your body needs to be in a calorie deficit ( you gotta use up more calories than you ingest), on the other side, when you're gaining weight (muscle) your body needs to be in a calorie surplus (eat more calories than you use up).