Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

No guys, paternity fraud isn't actually as common as you guys think [PART 2]

ImTheDoubleGreatest!

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Alright, so here's the thing: we know that people who go to paternity testing clinics are more likely to be victims of paternity fraud (I mean, they have doubts for a reason, right?). Currently, that rate is at 25.9% (reported by paternity clinics themselves as of 2008 at least). We also know that in the US, there are around 400,000 paternity tests each year as of 2008.

For the sake of argument, let's overestimate the number of paternity tests to be 500,000 each year, with an incidence of 50% non-paternity. Extreme over-estimations, but whatever.

This would equate to 250,000 children each year not being fathered by the person they think is actually the father.

Now we also know that in the US, there are around 4 million births each year. The CDC stated that there were 3,791,712 births in 2018, which is the lowest it's been over 30 years.

Now look at this data:

Paternity - High Confidence.png

I added the number of total people here and calculated the percentage of misattributed paternity. I only looked at the US data because let's face it, American women are the worst in the world lol.

So, the number came out to be 2.37% for the rest of the population that did not have a paternity test. Granted, this number isn't 100% accurate due to logistical issues, such as how black people are disproportionately more likely to have paternity misattribution but also only make up 12.7% of the population, or how research still tends to be made up mostly white people, or how these studies are pretty old and most of them didn't have precise DNA-testing technology for paternity like how we do now.

Despite this however, it still is a pretty good estimate just because firstly, women's rights activists from the 20s were interested in pursuing paternity-testing technology (because back then, dads used to say "hey I'm going to the store to buy a pack of cigarettes, I'll be right back" and then they end up never coming back lol). Secondly, women were also more likely to get away with paternity fraud back then, so when looking at the data, you'll find that instances of false paternity are higher in the years before 1988 (the year paternity testing came out) than after.

But for the sake of argument, let's double it anyway; 4.74% false paternity for the rest of the population.

3.8 million - 500,000 = 3.3 million
3.3 million × 4.74% = 156,574

(156,574 + 250,000) ÷ 3.8 million = 10.7%

Now the thing is, this is a gross overestimation. I'll save you the mathwork, but the real percentage without all of these astronomically insane (and honestly unreasonable) overestimations is actually 4.73%

Sources:

Part 1: https://www.sosuave.net/forum/threa...ctually-as-common-as-you-think-part-1.264061/

malz1

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Great that you've researched this. Although women have their faults, they often get used for exaggerated talking points. Such as the "she gets pounded by the football team" meme.

ImTheDoubleGreatest!

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Also, here is some extra reading along with some other calculations, just in case any of you want some actual published research:

This first one says only around 1.7% of men (who are confident that the child is theirs) are not actually the father (most of them are married). It says 1.9% in the abstract, but that's incorrect because the conclusion and results both state 1.7%. Men with low paternity confidence (basically people who get paternity tests) are not the father 29.8% of the time. The full study is in a PDF attached (**** you JSTOR).

This second one right here says 3.7% of men (who are confident that the child is theirs) aren't the fathers. For those who are not confident the child is theirs, it is 26.9%.

We know that 7.5% - 11.6% of the US population gets a paternity test each year. Feel free to play around with the statistics if you want to draw your conclusions. Most numbers shouldn't be over 10%, and more accurate numbers do tend to fall around my original 4.723% false paternity rates I stated above. Rates are still likely to be lower though according to the first researcher (and surprisingly, many others now that I have thoroughly read up on the subject).

Attachments

Roober

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So about 1 in 20 aren't the father's?

malz1

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
In a population pool of 1 billion, 1 in 20 would be 50 million ppl.