Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

No Country For Old Men

SickAgain

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Did anyone see this movie? I highly recommend it. It is extremely suspenseful, more than any movie I have seen in recent memory. The antagonist is one of the craziest son of a b!tch ever.

unamean

Don Juan
Reaction score
WERD that movie is Fing sick!!!!!! but the part i dont understand is how woody harrlison found that bag of $ in the bushes.:confused:

SickAgain

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
The four men were expert trackers I believe. Carson Wells just retraced Moss's steps and where the money would most likely be.

I was high as fvck when I watched this film, so a lot a parts were really weird to me. Like for instance, I couldn't help laughing my ass off when the pitbull was swimming after Moss in the river or the strangulation scene in the beginning:http://www.lashorasperdidas.com/wp-...4/javier-bardem-en-no-country-for-old-men.jpg. And some of Anton's dialogue was so bizarre as well as his weapons.

But seriously this movie broke a lot of standards of what a movie can be.

KarmaSutra

Banned
Reaction score
Padron Reserve maduro in hand while finishing my b
Best picture I've seen in the last 2 years!

Javier Bardem is a shoe-in for Best Supporting actor. The Coen Brothers did not disappoint at all. Everyone was great up to and including Barry Corbin.

Unamean, see the fvcking movie before you comment on it you dolt.

unamean

Don Juan
Reaction score
KarmaSutra said:
Unamean, see the fvcking movie before you comment on it you dolt.
well if i didn't see the movie then how would i know about woody finding the loot in the woods???? i just think that i was kind of strange that he would be walking around there and looking in the bushes for the bag. how did he know it was over there??? the odds of him finding it is very slim imo.

KarmaSutra

Banned
Reaction score
Padron Reserve maduro in hand while finishing my b
unamean said:
well if i didn't see the movie then how would i know about woody finding the loot in the woods???? i just think that i was kind of strange that he would be walking around there and looking in the bushes for the bag. how did he know it was over there??? the odds of him finding it is very slim imo.
Jesus Christ, you obviously have no idea who the actors in the film are. And you could see from the trailers that Josh Brolin was the actor who found the money. Ass.

Nice try though.

unamean

Don Juan
Reaction score
KarmaSutra said:
Jesus Christ, you obviously have no idea who the actors in the film are. And you could see from the trailers that Josh Brolin was the actor who found the money. Ass.

Nice try though.
yea i know he found the money. ass. but then he threw it over the side of that bridge before going to mexico to get medical treatment. woody harrilson then tried to get it from him at the hospital, but couldn't. he then all of a sudden was looking around that very bridge and found it. but i guess you would have known that cuz you saw the movie right???

Reaction score
yeah that guy who played Anton was really frightening. He didn't even raised his voice once, but was still very scary.

bud_2005

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I love this movie!!! I couldn't tell what kind of gun he had the silencer was almost as big as the gun does anyone know? The ending left me wanting more though

Aboleo

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
unamean said:
yea i know he found the money. ass. but then he threw it over the side of that bridge before going to mexico to get medical treatment. woody harrilson then tried to get it from him at the hospital, but couldn't. he then all of a sudden was looking around that very bridge and found it. but i guess you would have known that cuz you saw the movie right???
Llewelyn Moss (Brolin) was bleeding quite profusely on his way to the Mexican border after the shootout with Anton Chigurh (Bardem), leaving behind a trail of blood that the experienced hitman, Carson Wells (Harrilson) was able to follow.

Also, what was so strange about this movie... did you not understand the ending?:confused:

[last lines]
Loretta Bell: How'd you sleep?
Ed Tom Bell: I don't know. I had dreams.
Loretta Bell: Well you got time for 'em now. Anything interesting?
Ed Tom Bell: They always is to the party concerned.
Loretta Bell: Ed Tom? I'll be polite.
Ed Tom Bell: All right then. Two of 'em. Both had my father in 'em. It's peculiar. I'm older now than he ever was by twenty years. So, in a sense, he's the younger man. Anyway the first one I don't remember too well but it was about meeting him in town somewheres and he gave me some money. I think I lost it. The second one, it was like we was both back in the older times, and I was ahorseback, going through the mountains of a night, going through this pass in the mountains. It was cold and there was snow on the ground and he would rode past me and kept on going, never said nothing going by, just rode on past, and he had his blanket wrapped around him and his head down. When he rode past I seen he was carrying fire in a horn the way people used to do and I, I could see the horn from the light inside of it, about the color of the moon. And in the dream I knew that he was going on ahead, and he was fixing to make a fire somewhere out there in all that dark and all that cold... And I knew that whenever I got there he'd be there... Then I woke up.

The fire that Ed Tom Bell's father was carrying in a horn represents the goodness and humanity that he was holding onto as he wandered off into the distance. This is a common theme for Cormac McCarthy, who wrote "No Country for Old Men". In another work, "The Road" we follow the story of a father and his young son as they try to survive in a post-apocalyptic America. The food supply has been wiped-out either by nuclear winter, or perhaps by a global shift of some sort... this is never made clear. They survive day to day by pushing a shopping cart which has been stalked with whatever canned-goods they can find while walking down the abandoned highways and avoiding their fellow man, which for the most part have resorted to cannibalism. The Man tells his son throughout the story that they aren't going to resort to cannibalism, that they are "carrying the flame of civilization" on into the future.

The theme of this movie seems to be that there are always bad things that happen in life. History has shown us that there have been evil men throughout all of time. Some have pointed to the possibility that the character "Anton Chigurh" represents our modern trend towards violence, however, the events of this movie take place even before most of us on this forum were born (1980).

So, I hope you get it now. ;)

Last edited:

Aboleo

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
bud_2005 said:
couldn't tell what kind of gun he had the silencer was almost as big as the gun does anyone know? The ending left me wanting more though

Are you talking about the shotgun?

It was just a 12-guage, pump-action shotgun with a silencer on it.

Check it out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8j5P0LXemAA

Poonani Maker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Aboleo said:
Are you talking about the shotgun?

It was just a 12-guage, pump-action shotgun with a silencer on it.

Check it out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8j5P0LXemAA
I thought it was one of them cattle or steer killing devices. You know, Tommy Lee was talking about new affirmative way of killing cattle, humane way, quick and definite as opposed to the old way of possibly shooting the steer having the bullet ricochet off his forehead and kill the killer. The sheriff had Chigur's weapon of choice on his mind at that point.

bud_2005

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
# Spoiler #

Ok but when Moss jumped into the passenger seat of the truck in town whos driver was immediately shot in the throat, that couldn't of been a shotgun could it? Or was that the cattlegun?

Aboleo

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
No, that wasn't a shotgun. It wasn't a "captive bolt pistol" (also known as a cattle gun), either-- it would not have anywhere near that kind of range (as it is a close-quarters slaughterhouse device, it projects a bolt out in order to stun, or stab and recoils back into itself by a spring operation). The gun used there was some kind of 9mm sub-machine pistol set on simi-automatic fire, I'm not sure of the exact type because it's been awhile since I've seen the film.

Why are you asking all these questions anyways... planning to perform a hit on someone? :p

Poonani Maker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
bud_2005 said:
# Spoiler #

Ok but when Moss jumped into the passenger seat of the truck in town whos driver was immediately shot in the throat, that couldn't of been a shotgun could it? Or was that the cattlegun?
if it was then that shotgun had some range on it because he was firing from a second-story window, I think

here's how NOT to use a gun: http://youtube.com/watch?v=mhIJOVD8hwY

Aboleo

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Poonani Maker said:
if it was then that shotgun had some range on it because he was firing from a second-story window, I think

Shotguns, contrary to what you might have experienced in most video games, actually have pretty good range... I use them to shoot birds out of the sky. A good shotgun is actually better than a pistol as far as range and accuracy are concerned. This also depends greatly on the type of buckshot or slug used... and, of course, the person firing it.:yes:

Last edited:

jp98502

Don Juan
Reaction score
Ima kinda spoil some so read if u seen it......That movie was good I too watched it under influince.And with my headphones all the way up -I recommend this -that shotgun is pretty cool. I think he fired slugs cause the windshield had 1 hole ea shot. Kinda disappointed in end tho. I thought Tommy Lee Jones was gunna go nuts but he didnt.(as the name implies I guess)

Aboleo

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
jp98502 said:
that shotgun is pretty cool. I think he fired slugs cause the windshield had 1 hole ea shot.
Do not read the following unless you have already seen the movie!

No, Chigurh didn't shoot the guy in the truck with the shotgun, he used a silenced sub-machine pistol. If you'll remember, Llewelyn Moss shoots Anton Chigurh in the leg with his shotgun(which, by the way, he got from "Tina's Range Gear" which is located in Santa Fe, New Mexico, my brother actually used to work in that same gun store used in the movie!), and Chigurh drops his weapon and dives for cover behind a car parked on the street. Llewelyn Moss collects this weapon and is seen still holding onto the gun after he is killed later in the movie.

Chigurh, however, still has the silenced shotgun in the end of the movie while taking the money from the air vent of the Crossroads Motel (located in Albuquerque-- I've actually stayed there several times... this motel was also featured in the AMC original series "Breaking Bad" and is known as the "Crystal Palace" on that TV show).

I have a pretty good memory for a pot-smoker, huh?:D

Aboleo

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Stuka1939 _ said:
Anyone else think Javier Bardem is a good looking man? I like the dark features.

I've noticed that you make alot of really gay posts around here... why is that?

Anyways, I would say no... not in this movie, anyways. He is very antisocial looking and has a tendency to kill pretty much anyone at any time for no reason whatsoever. He's ****ing crazy looking. Javier actually told Brolin when the makeup people finished with his hair, "I'm not going to be laid for three months!"