No Contact - Day 31

bigneil

Banned
Reaction score
Well for those using No Contact to help you forget a bad relationship and heal, I'm sad to report that it takes more than 30 days. At least for me. The problem was that I moved to a new city while dating her, a city with hardly any women. She came to visit many times and everything reminds me of her. I got oneitis and went super-AFC. While she never officially ended it, I had had enough and walked away after the last time I kissed her. I didn't reply to her 3 attempts to contact me.

Anyhow I'm spinning many other plates now - I have 6 new women to speak of, including 3 bartenders (to underscore how few women there are here, I am still capable of attracting the normally untouchable women). But I still dream about the ex almost every night. It had been 7 years since a girl broke my heart. What a chump I've become.

"Thou art gone from my gaze like a beautiful dream,
And I seek thee in vain by the meadow and stream."

George Linley, 1830.

SamTheHobit

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't think having a broken heart makes you a chump. It's what makes you human.

rocket87

Don Juan
Reaction score
SamTheHobit said:
I don't think having a broken heart makes you a chump. It's what makes you human.
Keep up the good work neil - With time it will pass. The dreams are normal, and they will be there for a long time until someone else fills that slot; it's not weird or AFC at all, in fact what you are doing is the complete opposite of AFC by playing the field and living your own life by your rules.

When you're vulnerable to someone else (I'm referring to years ago when you originally fell for each other), your emotions come along with the ride, it's just like a death in the family or of a life-long friend; except it's the death of a relationship instead of a person (The two of you were similar to a single entity, a single person.) K

Keep that M3 shiny and you'll be just fine ;)

bigneil

Banned
Reaction score
Thanks guys. I've had more posts on this forum in the 4 months since my decline with her than I did in the 4 years before she and I met.

But it's only the ones that hurt us that inspire us to grow.

Sad part is, I already knew better. She got me to break all the rules I had spent years learning. Her extreme coldness and BPD (along with perfect T&A) somehow brought out my inner wuss. Beware of such women!

bigneil

Banned
Reaction score
Well it had been 30 long days since she had contacted me on Easter. I hadn't replied. It's been killing me but I stayed in NC.

But ironically today, exactly one month later she sent me a rather long email telling me she's sorry I don't talk to her anymore, and updating me on her job and new apartment (in a city where I might be moving). She's asking about my situation, possibly thinking I already moved to that city.

I'm about to break down and contact her but maybe the forum will smack some sense into me.

AlexDP

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Honestly.. it depends. You've been ignoring her for so long now. If I read it correctly you didn't answer to her three previous attempts and now she wrote a lengthy e-mail.. I think not answering is just plain cruel at this point. Don't make it something emotional, keep it brief, but at least acknowledge that you've read her e-mail. Being alpha is not about winning. It's about being a man.

mahoney

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Different approaches work for different people but i can't help thinking that a lot of the posts on here about girls are kind of like the trouble some people have with alcohol.

For me, normalisation is a better approach than non-contact. NC is a tacit admission it still has power over you, and what if you think you are dine but then randomly bump onto her again? Like an alcoholic who hasn't drunk in 3 years but then has one drop and goes crazy

bigneil

Banned
Reaction score
I took your advice guys. I sent her a brief, humorous reply and she wrote back and said I made her laugh. I'm a numbers and date person, and it turns out 6 months ago today was one of our best nights together. So I reminded her of that night, hoping to rekindle the feelings she had for me then (when her IL was sky high).

sinnerman

Don Juan
Reaction score
neil, i totally agree with you..30 days is not enough if you've had a serious thing..i went through the similar thing after 20 days of nc and once she broke the nc. yea & i found out something which made me disgusted with her and pissed off beyond anything(posted abt it in another thread) and im starting nc again...this time not to get back or anything but get rid of her memories..anyways went on a date with a model just to forget about my ex..but i agree so many things remind you of her its impossible to not think and dream about her..

anyways hang in there

ARrocket

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
sinnerman said:
neil, i totally agree with you..30 days is not enough if you've had a serious thing..
My biggest oneitis was a girl from high school that I never even got to date. And yet, it took me nearly 3 months to get over her. You can't down yourself after a mere 30 days (though it probably feels like longer). The other guys put it nicely; you'll be alright.

bigneil

Banned
Reaction score
Yes, it's like heating up a light bulb and then turning it off. It's still way hotter than the brand new light bulb you bought, even if that one has higher wattage.

bigneil

Banned
Reaction score
When I reread her words from that day (60 text messages sent from 1200 miles away) it reminded me of how brilliant she was at combining sexuality, romance and humor. It was no wonder I fell for her like I did.

Plus, I think after 30 days of not hearing from her (40 days since I contacted her) it becomes a moot point if you don't reply. So I had nothing to lose at this point.

f283000

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
bigneil said:
When I reread her words from that day (60 text messages sent from 1200 miles away) it reminded me of how brilliant she was at combining sexuality, romance and humor. It was no wonder I fell for her like I did.
bla bla bla! Why don't you just change your friggin # if her txt messages give you such a hard time to forget her????

Just like 4 weeks ago I changed my # + deleted an email account all because of a woman.

You have to delete women from your life sometimes even if it means taking the extra effort to change a phone #, delete an email account, delete a facebook or whatever and rebuild them if you have to without her knowing them.

It's one of the reason I have a prepaid cell phone i can change my # anytime I want no fees :D

ELMER_GANTRY

Don Juan
Reaction score
No Contact means No Contact....period

It doesn't matter how many times she tries to call, text, or email you. You simply don't respond to any of them. It is not being mean or cruel, it is all about trying to heal, moving on, letting go of a bad relationship, getting yourself worth back, getting past a painful relationship, getting your confidence back that she stripped away from you, forgetting all the horrible times she put you through, forgetting how she made you feel horrible about yourself, it is about picking up the pieces and moving forward. Each time you respond or try to contact her, you put yourself right back at the starting gate, and have to start the whole process all over again. It was her fault the relationship became what it was, it was her that acted the way she did, and how she treated you. Therefore, she should accept the consequences and realize that it is over. And if you don't want to speak to her, then that is your choice and she should accept it.

You defeat the purpose of no contact each time you talk with her. It doesn't make sense. Why even go no contact if you call her or reply to her emails? You defeat the purpose and you have to start over again each time trying to forget her. How can you forget her when you keep talking to her? You are still putting her feelings above yours which you shouldn't do. You did that when you went AFC, and you are still doing it now because you are worried you will be mean to her. By contacting her it will also ruin any current relationships you may be trying to achieve because all of her memories will come back and you won't be able to properly heal from that experience.

She knows what she is doing, she has BPD, they all try to contact you again, she is trying to keep you around on the string to see if you will bite, and you most certainly did. Each time you do, its that much harder to break free, which is what you are trying to do. Don't get sucked back in because
you will feel worse than you had it the first time.

Neil, I know its hard, but you have to suck it up and get past this if you ever want to heal from this experience. It is so clear that you haven't gotten over her. You struggled to keep no contact and you gave in twice. She was testing you with those emails, and you bought it hook, line, and sinker. You probably felt pretty good hearing from her again and talking with her again. She is getting to you, you are trying to forget her, you have to keep no contact or you will be dealing with this for a very long time, and you will never get past her, and you will continue to think about her, and each time you hear from her and talk to her you will want more and more. She is like a bad drug so you need to quit now.

You say you have other women lined up. That is good. I'm sure they are normal fun women who you can have a normal relationship with. Your ex is not normal, she is incapable of having a normal relationship, as you well know, and yet you write to her. She is trying to slowly suck you back into her web. Don't let her do it, and don't ruin things you have with the other women. She treated you like crap, devalued you as a man, stripped your confidence from you, and hurt you very badly. Now ask to yourself this question....why do you want to go back to that and put yourself through that pain and torture again? Doesn't make sense. You have other options, some guys don't, you are ahead in the game, so use those options, and don't contact your ex or she will consume you and you will lose out on these new opportunities.

You write a thread saying how many days of no contact, you shouldn't even be keeping a count of how many days. That means you are still thinking about her hoping that you hear from her.

You go no contact, then contact her, then reply back to her....that defeats your entire purpose of no contact.

You got good feelings from hearing from her....you just put yourself back at the starting gate trying to heal from her. Now you have to start the process all over again.

The relationship is over, there is no need to be talking, and its not mean or cruel not to respond to her emails, you are trying to heal, and she is preventing you from doing that.

She will keep contacting you if you reply, this could drag on for months or years. You still want her to be on your mind and be hurting you more? The only way you can break free from her, is to stop all communication, heal, and find a woman who is good to you and for you. Talking to her will only make it worse on you everyday.

she is trying to suck you back in... don't let her do that...

Stay no contact period... or you can never get over her, or the horrible BPD experience she put you through.

Listen to my advice, you will be glad you did.

Stay strong and stay NO CONTACT. It is for your own good and well being.

bigneil

Banned
Reaction score
Thanks Elmer and f28300. Luckily I only sent one email. I had gone 40 days and that was the only time I broke NC. She wrote to me again yesterday but I didn't reply that time.

It did feel good that she wrote. I hated to think she would forget me because I couldn't forget her.

Yes I have several other women going right now. 3 of whom wrote to me yesterday. I saw them all in the past 3 days. All 3 are prettier and younger than the ex, and they all treat me better. Haven't seen the ex in 6 weeks.

But I woke up thinking of the ex. This woman captured part of my soul somehow.

AlexDP

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
ELMER_GANTRY said:
She knows what she is doing, she has BPD, they all try to contact you again, she is trying to keep you around on the string to see if you will bite, and you most certainly did.
Wait. I didn't know she had BPD. If she has BPD, stay NC. Do not contact her under any circumstances and block her number. I'm sorry man, the only way for her to ever get better and the only way for you to get your life back is NC. 30 days is not enough. Hell, you probably need 4 months.

Also, normal rules do not apply. Responding to her e-mails, thinking about the past, being gracious and polite.. None of it matters. It will be used against you.

loveshogun

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You had a life before this girl. You have a life now.

I call them "speed bumps."

Find your pace, and get back to doing what you should already know: living.

bigneil

Banned
Reaction score
AlexDP said:
Wait. I didn't know she had BPD. If she has BPD, stay NC.
I wonder if the BPD was why she came on so strong at the beginning and said so many things to convince me I was her soul mate?

It started as a dream come true. It was the greatest romance of my life. Somehow it became a nightmare. She became the coldest person I ever knew - practically overnight.

AlexDP

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
bigneil said:
I wonder if the BPD was why she came on so strong at the beginning and said so many things to convince me I was her soul mate?

It started as a dream come true. It was the greatest romance of my life. Somehow it became a nightmare. She became the coldest person I ever knew - practically overnight.
Yes. That's BPD for you. Oh and I hear they try to come back every so often. Purely out of need. If I were you, I'd read a lot about BPD. You will soon understand what is going on and trust me, when you do, the love will fade quickly. It hurts, but you need to go NC. It's the best for her, as in that she might realise something is wrong, and it's the best for you, because if you don't, she will hurt you.

Also do not, I repeat, do not play games with her. She will beat you. You'd have to be downright sociopath to succesfully compete with a borderline. If you're human and if you're capable of showing emotion, she will beat you.

bigneil

Banned
Reaction score
Yes she held my emotions against me, big time.

Last edited: