"She Wants a Man, Not a Boy"

You asked her if she wanted to grab coffee. Then you asked if the time worked. Then you asked if the place was okay. Then you asked if she'd prefer tea.

Four questions. Four chances for her to say no. Four signals that you're terrified of making a decision.

Plan it. Pick the place. Pick the time. Tell her where to meet you. She'll either show up or she won't.

Either way, you look like a man instead of a scared little boy.

Read more...

No compliments or calls

nan3109

Master Don Juan
Joined
May 7, 2003
Messages
511
Reaction score
0
Age
41
I just wanna clear some stuff up, when i used to date alot (before i had my g/f) i would date girls and they wouldnt really call me.I would call and set **** up and they would go out with me and we'd kiss at the end, etc. but i never felt any of them liked me, only the ones i considered to be "ugly" were the ones constantly calling me (almost every other day) and the pretty ones would NEVER call me, but i could still hang out with them once and awhile. I also would never receive compliments from any of these womens on my looks or anything. They didnt even seem interested in getting to know who i am as a person.

i AM a model for a company in st paul and im confused if im even good looking or what? i have a good personality, but these *****es always pissed me off by not feeding me compliments like i saw my other guy friends get from chicks. WTF!?
 

"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jul 10, 2003
Messages
15,481
Reaction score
65
Location
Galt's Gulch
Here's a personal observation since you mentioned that you are in St. Paul. The typical Minnesotan is forever looking for acceptance, either from their parents, friends, lovers, whatever...

What makes it even worse is that these people tend to denounce people who stand out and have an air of confidence. They tend to think that we are too ****y because we aren't seeking approval.

The funny thing is that we get all of the attention even though we don't ask for it. We are gregarious and occasionally loud, we are labeled 'know it alls' even though we are always asked our opinions (and give it freely). We always have something to do or someplace to go and have people to see. Whatever happens in the world around us is alright since we know that what ever it may be, we will none the less overcome...

What I'm trying to say is lay off looking or accepting that people will shower you with kudos and accolades. Unless you feel good and confident about yourself, other people will not see that in you more so mention it.

So what you model, who are you as a man? What do you have to offer beyond your looks? Why should people get to know you and enjoy your company? Is it only because you set up a date? Any one with or without looks can do that. What makes you different?

Focus on that and you will not only feel good about yourself but you will even get complements. The best thing about it is that you will probably take the complements graciously because you will feel that you aren't doing anything special, you are just being yourself.
 

ManOMan

Master Don Juan
Joined
Aug 23, 2003
Messages
504
Reaction score
2
I think giving compliments is AFC behavior. You are basically saying "Im going to tell you, you look good, in hopes that you know I find you attractive, and if you are interested you will go for me"

Most HB's are not AFC's because they can get any man, so they dont need to compliment a guy to let them know she is interested

I notice most UG (afc's) do the complimenting and chasing

dont take it personally, most HB's dont compliment or even call too often (unless you have shown her some Value to make her think you are WORTH calling)
 
Joined
Nov 6, 2003
Messages
4,280
Reaction score
8
Location
Wisconsin. USA
No one owes you anything!!!
 

nan3109

Master Don Juan
Joined
May 7, 2003
Messages
511
Reaction score
0
Age
41
I see what you mean, but if this is the case, and hot girls are sooo impossible to lay, then how are you supposed to?
 

"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

Dust 2 Dust

Master Don Juan
Joined
Dec 25, 2002
Messages
2,163
Reaction score
679
Location
Florida
Women not calling is vey common. As a general rule, women do not call so don't ask, demand, or expect them to. Also, don't give her your number unless she asks for it becuase she won't call anyway. My last girlfriend only called me once during our 4 month relationship. Realize that your the man and your going to be the one calling and making all the moves. Persistance does pay off sometimes.
 

bp1974

Master Don Juan
Joined
Dec 31, 2002
Messages
708
Reaction score
1
Location
UK
When a woman really likes you, she will compliment you regularly.

By email, on the phone and in person, or any other way she can.

She will compliment your clothes, your hair, your body and your personality.

Your house, your car, your hobbies.

Get the drift?

If you're not being complimented,a nd she's not getting in touch with you, she's not worth your time because she is not very interested.
 
Top