NightClub tip for the older fellas 23+ years old

-HPNOTQ-

Don Juan
Reaction score
I have to preface this post because this tip works for all ages.

I just stated 23 and older because guys my age (me being 26) aren't interested in the meat market nightclub type scene.

Of course, when I was 21, gimme any nightclub with cheap booze and hot women and I was down for whatever...but...you grow up, and times change.

My tip is simple and was stated in the "weekly tip" DJ section about 3 months ago...the tip is LEARN SALSA DANCING.

Mind you, you have to be open minded. But, for guys with no rhythm or just plain don't dance, salsa dancing is perfect. Steps are rather easy to pick up, and many dance studios offer lessons are great rates regardless if you have a partner or not.

I was a fairly decent hiphop/r&b style dancer, and have learned Salsa dancing for the past 2 years...SALSA WORKS..

Here's Why:

1. You are instantly in a situation where looks aren't the key factor in a woman's Interest Level, yet, her interest level will soar.

If your Salsa skills are very good, then women WILL notice. A couple of my "social proof" girlfriends said that the first people they notice at nightclubs are the one's who can't dance. They already preceive those fellas as AFC's for the simple fact that they have no flair. To many women, dancing says something about your soul. However, Salsa is fire!!! Most women are there to dance, and a seductive dancing man promotes mystery in her head. When she see's you dancing with other women, she instantly thinks mystery - who is this guy? where did he learn those moves? wow, his hip moves are soo sexy..I wonder if he's great in bed? If you can salsa dance, the women at the club will notice, I guarantee it will be impossible for her to say no to your invite to dance...because...with you being soo good at your craft...you're automatically a challenge...she WANTS to be at your level.

2. A Man who knows Salsa is a more polished Man.

Face it. Salsa dancing takes confidence, is a challange, and demands attitude (taken from the Book of Shumagora). Thus, these traits become you when you build on them.

Knowing how to dance salsa puts you head and shoulders above your pack of friends and wow, YOU automatically become the alpha male.

3. Salsa dancing is global.

And I mean global...if you learn how to Salsa dance in the States, than you can use those rhythms anywhere.

I was in Vegas for a trip and ended up in this awesome Latin club with HB's everywhere. However, my mystery was heightened because women go to Salsa clubs to DANCE SALSA...and I was the alpha male Salsa dancer and my buddies weren't.

This is also great at even small events like weddings, corporate parties, any place where ballroom style dancing is expected.

Remember, you're the polished alpha male in that situation. The other guys who don't possess your Salsa dancing ability can't compete with you.

To recap -

Salsa dancing heightens her interest level, makes you more polished, and turns you into the alpha male that your friends who don't know Salsa dancing aren't.

I give this tip out to older fellas because generally, like you guys, I'm getting out of the meat market type club scene. Salsa nightclubs are mostly filled with professional working women and men who are quite courteous and respectful. I have never been to a Salsa club where a drunken brawl had errupted (unlike some hiphop/r&b clubs I've been).

But WOW, to you younger DJ's...imagine the mystery a 21 year old polished Salsa dancing man has over your buddy who plays air guitar while remaining a wall flower. Deadly!

-HPNOTQ-

Don Juan
Reaction score
Does it have to be salsa?

OF COURSE...if you want to build mystery and become head and shoulders above your peers.

I know what you're thinking...If I could dance hiphop or know how to dance 'ok' at a nightclub..then..I'll have all the game in the world.

This maybe true...but...learning hiphop dancing takes a little more than watching MTV or BET and learning various moves. To be honest, I learned the harlem shake and C-walk watching videos and emulating them. To those who are hardcore dance/group routine dancers, no offense. I understand that dancing hiphop takes a lot of time to master, but, most people don't dance hardcore hiphop routines at most nightclubs.

With Salsa however, everyone knows that Salsa dancing takes an extremely high level of commitment to master.

By just asking the question "DOES IT HAVE TO BE SALSA?", you have already told that hot latina girl that YOU don't have what it takes to learn the most sexiest dance in the world.

In salsa, the male is always the lead, YOU are always in control...the moves are sexual the attitude is sexual..if you're a young man at 17, by the time you hit 21 and can go to a HOT SALSA club...MAN!!! GAME OVER...YOU WIN!!!

But you still want to dance hiphop...Thats cool too...salsa dancing lends itself to all forms of dancing. When I go to hiphop clubs I add salsa hip shakes to regular steps..women can tell too...they know that you got moves other men wish they had...

jwhite17

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Good tip,
I can definitely relate to what you are saying. I took a salsa dance class last semester(no dance experience ever), and I learn moves up to an intermediate level. Last time I went to a salsa club, I had girls ask me to dance with them because they are a shortage of men that actually know how to dance salsa.

comote

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I agree but think there is more to be said here.
If you live in NY,Miami, or LA, and are a recreational salsa dancer no one at a salsa club is going to be impressed by your moves, sorry, tons of guys in these areas already know what they are doing and many make a living doing it. I went to this place in NY, the Salsa there was amazing. The best dancers I had seen before this(many south american's) were nothing compared to these dancers. Were I am at I am pretty good, there I was a regular guy.
If your goal is to use Salsa to pick up Chicks then I would suggest if there are exclusive salsa clubs were you live check them out after you have learned some salsa if the people look
like pro's, then don't try to pick up chicks there again, I would say in most cities these clubs should be ok for you though.
Go to regular night clubs that feature a salsa night once a week or once a month, these attract more recreational salsa dancers the type of girl you are aiming for.
If you are near a college try and get on the Latin clubs mailing list or make friends with some of the latin students. They will more than likely have a latin party every month at least, as well they will have some free lessons to get you started. If you take a class for a bit you will be more than able to defend yourself with
Salsa and Merengue.
Salsa can be intimidating at first, you may want to learn Merengue to begin, the upper body movements are the same and the footwork is much easier.

-HPNOTQ-

Don Juan
Reaction score
I agree with you comote.

Merengue is much easier to learn, yet, looks great on the dance floor.

Also, I've seen those "exceptional" professional/event competing dancers at clubs in Vegas and a few here in Seattle.

They are good, but, there a great dancers in any genre of dancing. Hiphop, soul, salsa, country, techno, raves...there's always better dancers..

But, learning will still promote you as being more polished compared to the other guys out there who couldn't dance to saver their lives.

Its an attitude. I don't proclaim to be the Salsa King of Seattle, but, I can hold my own..And I'm confident in my steps and attitude that I can ask ANY lady to dance. If she's better than me, better yet, then I ask her to teach me something I haven't learned yet.

Women are nurturing by nature..

comote

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I agree there are always better dancers, but if you are a recreational dancer and go to a party where people will be dancing some salsa, you will do very well:). Whereas if you go to the Copa Cabana looking to pick up chicks you will not do as well.

twisted_chica

Reaction score
Very good tip! Girls love dancing, and it is great when you can find a guy who can actually dance!