Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Nice Guy Music vs. "Jerk" Music

naes

Don Juan
Reaction score
Ever notice the type of music a nice guy usually listens to? Its always emotional and expresses having a broken heart and all these feelings of being lonely. Its a vicious cycle. They fail at getting girls, then listen to this music to make them feel like someone knows how they feel, and continue along on their afc ways.

"jerks" on the other hand tend to listen to rap music and other music that is very ******d and non emotional. Theres more action involved and it makes you want to move rather than sit in your room alone and cry.

so stop listening to that soppy music, it will just make things worse.

naes

Don Juan
Reaction score
sorry, i didnt mean to post this twice...for someone reason they wouldnt let me say 0utward and i was trying to correct it

Caveman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think you have a good point. When you are down and someone is telling you: Yeah man, life sucks, you are feeling more and more sorry for yourself. You need to stand up, stop sulking and make things work for you.

gav

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
yep totally agree. if you look at the people (men and women - especially the women) who listen to slow stuff about how hard life is and all these soppy meaningful songs that have no real beat, you'll see that their lives are generally miserable and depressing.

you look at the people who listen to fast music with lots of base/beat you will see those people who have high-spirited lives, full of energy

i don't think there is a solid relationship between music and afcism, since you can still get djs who know the game, but who like more mellow music. it's just that generally, if you listen to faster music, you are more likely to live a happier live; hence more likely to be a dj

but there is a difference between nice guys and jerks - the testosterone rush from rap/trance produces more testosterone

in my gym, the guys who run the place decided to have all different kinds of music to suit everyone. what an idiot. you get depressing shyt mixed in with some quality dance music and it just sounds awful. i actually fall asleep and lose some of my energy when that pish comes on.

arq-dj1

Don Juan
Reaction score
thats true.. however there are djs who listen to mellow music..
there r some pretty good stuff there, im not talking about that type of lyrics "oh-my-heard-is-broken-i-wanna-die-to-see-u-one-more-time"... i think if u get uplifting lyrics with slow beats, its still djism...

oh what i know, i listen to progressive and trash metal :(

Kidd

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by arq-dj1
and trash metal :(
its THRASH :D

To the original article: I think it doesent matter what kind of music you listen to. You cant say that DJS listen to this and nice guys listen to that. Its pretty bad to judge people on what kind of music they listen to; I know many metalheads who listen to insane **** and still act "afc" with girls.

I listen to mostly thrash, death metal and gore grind. For those who dont know, most of it has insane speeds and very heavy riffs. It's been this way for a long time, long before I learned of DJing. Did the music make me more "manly" or more of a dj? Not at all.

Also, since when is emotion bad in music? Music is supposed to be a way to express emotion. Not necessairly love or depression.

Levex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I started listening strictly to rap/trance several years ago because all other music depresses me or gives me a headache. When i was feeling sh1tty i used to listen to mellow rock which i later realized made my mood even sh1ttier. Metal always gave me a headache, and its impossible to talk with someone while its playing because theres so much going on.

So now i stay away from the sad and depressing ****.

sfalexi

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I listen to classical. No words. Now THAT'S DJ music!

Alexi

KillingTime

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
This is a really good topic.
I pretty much listen to only Rap/Trance since I started changing my life around, I used to listen to metal/rock.

Anyone can listen to anything but the messages that the music sends can definately have a big effect on a persons outlook on life.
Almost all of the really cool "stud" type guys I've met listen to rap/hip-hop especially the trendier stuff. I used to hate it but now it's all I listen too also, the lyrics are just perfect for getting you pumped up and in an upbeat, I rule the world kinda mood.

On the other hand most of the "nerdier" guys ive met listen to death/black/thrash/prog metal, 80's metal.... a lot of the music is fast but it's way out of touch with current trends and the current reality. This is what I used to listen to, it's just really hard to feel like a lady killer when you are listening to say, a Dream Theater song... way too poetic.

A lot of chicks dig emo and pop-punk, the lyrics are as AFC as they get but it also goes along with the whole "skater" lifestyle, ive met a few cats that were into this and had some extremely hot chicks after them.

AverageFC

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ever notice the type of music a nice guy usually listens to? Its always emotional and expresses having a broken heart and all these feelings of being lonely. Its a vicious cycle.
Repalce nice guy with 'fag'. That Emo crap. That 'boulevard of broken dreams' by green day. REAL POSITIVE SONG THERE. :rolleyes:

thefonz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i like anything with a good beat, i appreciate music that has harmony and melody/intricate beats/honest poetry whether or not it's depression music.....there's nothing afc about listening to music that you know is good
It's only afc if you like a song or listen to music JUST for the sappy lyrics or sad melody.

Deep Dish

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It is true you can discern much about someone’s basic personality by what types of music to which they listen. For instance, introspective people tend to like complex music. Find me someone who is into death rock and I will show you someone who came from a troubled childhood. It is not about the lyrical content of music, though undoubtedly that is a factor, as it is about simplicity vs. complexity, passivity vs. aggression. Of course, to ascertain a best picture of someone is to evaluate all the music they to which they listen, to evaluate how different preferences mix together. We can also say that you can discern much about someone based on their movie preferences, and it ultimately boils down to everything you do and everything you like (or not do or not like) is somehow a clue about you.

Scrumtulescence

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I enjoy and listen to good music from pretty much any genre, aside from metal, most punk, and opera. What does that make me? An AFC? DJ? QAR? LLCDQUIT?

Albion4

Don Juan
Reaction score
I disagree with you 100%. At times I like listening to sappy, sad, emotional music and I get all the chicks I can handle. And I know tons of doormat/emotional tampons that listen to Slipknot and System all the time.

-Al

SamePendo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Just listen to whatever flips your boat.

Kidd

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by AverageFC
Repalce nice guy with 'fag'. That Emo crap. That 'boulevard of broken dreams' by green day. REAL POSITIVE SONG THERE. :rolleyes:
Amazing.

There is good emo and screamo out there. Does it make me a faggot if I listen to it sometime? No, it does not.

Ugh.