NFL 2008-2009 Season Thread

MikeYikes122

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
With Brady gone, how many truly good quarterbacks are left in the NFL?

I think that list looks like this:

Peyton Manning, Brett Favre.

There are a handful of guys who are capable of playing very well - Ben Roethlisberger, Drew Brees, Tony Romo, David Garrard, Phil Rivers, Donovan McNabb, Eli Manning and Matt Hasselback. But it's only really Manning, Favre and Brady who you can count on to play well each week.

Even then, I have some reservations about Favre.

Maybe Roethlisberger and McNabb are a little bit above those second tier quarterbacks I listed, but they certainly aren't on the level of Manning and Brady.

You have to wonder if maybe the class of athlete playing in the NFL is having some sort of effect on how sh!tty QBs are nowadays. Maybe defensive players in the NFL are just so athletic now that it's made it tough as hell to be a decent quarterback. I remember when I was a little kid, good starting quarterbacks were all over the league.

(hn)

Don Juan
Reaction score
I was really shocked by Brady's injury. Long time Pats fan. Also had him on my fantasy team. First time playing fantasy this year, and not doing bad so far. I think the Bills have an edge now since the Pats lost Brady, but the Pats can get to the playoffs without him. This gives Cassel a chance to shine and get into a groove. So far they're 1-0 with him starting, so I'm actually optimistic.

Steelers are looking strong too.

[S]alvatore

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Bump back up.

Seems that the NFC is wide open at the moment, NFC South is fairly strong & the East......not as strong as everyone thought.

toddlips

Banned
Reaction score
[S]alvatore said:
Bump back up.

Seems that the NFC is wide open at the moment, NFC South is fairly strong & the East......not as strong as everyone thought.

That's pretty much a direct result of the MASSIVE choke job the Cowboys are doing. A pinky??? REally??? Brett Favre played with a broken thumb for an entire season 6 or 7 years back. The rest of the conference is still pretty strong. The Giants only have that one game that they looked bad in and the Redskins have beaten some good teams. I personally think the best team in that division when everyone is healthy is the Eagles, but they're not healthy - no excuses.

But yes, the NFC is wide open thanks to those millionaire thugs who wear the star on their helmets and their apparent love for being mediocre.

[S]alvatore

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah, Dallas give me the sh!ts.

How was Samurai Mike's press conference today? I hope he gets San Frans asses into gear, I want to see him excel as a head coach. Although I wish he was our head coach.

j0n024

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I agree I had high hopes for the Cowboys since I am FROM Texas but it's a big dissapointment to see them play... I mean 13-7 come on!

The team I am really looking forward to doing good and HOPE wins the super bowl....Arizona.

I really like Warner and his whole carrier as a whole, and I hope he can at least get one more ring before he leaves the NFL. They did lose but it was very close and the corner that was covering terry holt was doing a piss poor job of covering him but even then they were very close with close to 400 passing yards that day. I see the cardinals at least making the playoffs and not as a wildcard.....it would be so awesome if he won one more.

The Bat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Anybody else disappointed with the Chargers?

toddlips

Banned
Reaction score
Yeah the Chargers were done when Merriman couldn't go. Too bad too, I think LT only has 3 more really productive years left.

Reaction score
Who is LT?j/k . He has been having a mediocre year but like last year i think he will tear it up in the second half of the year. I think the cowboys should be one of the best teams they got alot of talent on the offensive side of the ball but they do not use it right. this is all opinion based of course.

The Bat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
LoL Romo and Jerry Jones can say bye bye to the Lombardi Trophy after getting kicked around by Manning & Co.....and this was Manning #2.

Tennessee keeps looking better and better every week. So do 'Skins..we'll see how they hold up against Big Ben tonight.