"next" theory

realsmoothie

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm kind of hovering on the board today, waiting to go to work and debating nexting/last emailing this girl.

RE: alcohol. It's funny but I've never HAD to make a first move (with a girl who's interested and isolated) without alchohol. It's just been an understood part of the process. This has been a learnign experience for me.

RE: the embarrassment thing. She is a pretty mature girl for 22, as far as I can tell from hanging around her. She's generally very shy when it comes to guys... she said asking me out was a major step for her. When she flaked a couple of weeks ago a couple times in a row and I called her on it, she said that after the first time she got really embarrassed about flaking... she was so stressed about school and athletics that she figured ignoring the issue was easier than dealing with it.

She has come into my store a couple of times lately and we've chatted... VERY sheepish look on her face, completely different than her usual perky self. The combination of her coming in, her saying she was still interested in her last email, and her admission of shyness has added up to me thinking that she's still interested. But from what most of you guys say she's not.

Anyhow, I've decided to write her a last email (this will be the second one, the first one was last Tuesday). It will be a "nice to know you" kind of thing, but I'll try and make it cheery enough to try and eliminate the shyness factor.

Is it a NEXT? No, not really. But it is going to be the last time I try and contact her... if my guess is correct and she's still interested, she'll make a move to contact me at some point. Most likely she'll come into my store... and hopefully I can man up and not be such a ***** like last time.

Thanks for the help, guys. Will keep you updated.

Jack McCrack

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Nexting is a filter for you to decide who is worth your time and who is not.