thezenmachine
Don Juan
- Joined
- Dec 9, 2004
- Messages
- 43
- Reaction score
- 1
Ok, I've looked around on this sight every now and then for a couple of years, but sorry this is long....
Anyway, about a month ago my GF broke up with me, and I was at this Tanning booth I go to and this really hot girl (18 years old, I'm recently 26), Marina, who I usually talked to when i waited, asked how I was doing. At that point I was still pretty down about the whole break up, and I said, ok, to which she replied, "just ok?" So anyway, we ended up talking about it, during which she suggested I start hanging out with other girls, so out off the top of my head I asked if she'd like to. She said yes, and I gave her my phone number, not expecting anything to come from it, but it got my mind off of the ex.
About 4 days later Marina sends me a text message on my cell phone suggesting we hang out that weekend, due to schedules we decided on Monday, so we went out to dinner, and shared really good conversation. After that we talked on the phone a couple of times, and I went out of town for Thanksgiving to be with my family and work on apartments I own(I do well for a 26 year old, I've made $55,000 this year, and next year I'll probably make a little over $60,000). On my way home (8 hour drive) I got bored and text messaged her a little compliment, to which she replied with thank you and have a good trip.
I got back from home and we talked briefly a time or two until last Tuesday she text messaged me and asked if I wanted to go see a movie. I said ok, and she said she would call me when she got back from dinner with her parents. I got home from work and she didn't call until 8:30. She said she was sorry and that dinner with her parents lasted longer than she thought it would. I was just like, ok, no problem.
The yesterday I was at work and I was bored, so I wrote her a text message that said, "You know you have to make up last night to me, right?" to which she replied, "of course I do"
We ended up going out for a movie tonight, which we both really enjoyed, and I gave her a silver Tiffany's bracelet that I bought for my ex before we broke up, she was helping me look for someone to buy it (it wasn't expensive, and had my ex's initials on it), and I told her that I figured I might as well just give it to her(the way I gave it to her added some excitement, but that's another story) This really lit her up and she was hugging me and stuff. I don't know if this was the right thing to do or not(in terms of 'getting her'), but I was honestly sick of looking at the thing b/c it reminded me of my ex, and I knew she really liked it.
Right now we are just sort of 'friends,' which is fine, although I've found that I'm starting to like her. I don't know if she's interested in me or not. I'm pretty new at this whole game thing, but I thought I'd get some advice on here about actions to take. I've got nothing to lose.
--one more thing, during the movie tonight she would cross her legs, which would make her foot lightly touch my leg, and she would brush it back and forth a little bit, before moving it to another position. As she did this throughout the movie, I moved my leg a bit closer to see what she'd do if we made a little heavier contact, and she didn't move at all. I don't know if this could be interpreted or not? Maybe she didn't notice it? I don't know.
Anyway, about a month ago my GF broke up with me, and I was at this Tanning booth I go to and this really hot girl (18 years old, I'm recently 26), Marina, who I usually talked to when i waited, asked how I was doing. At that point I was still pretty down about the whole break up, and I said, ok, to which she replied, "just ok?" So anyway, we ended up talking about it, during which she suggested I start hanging out with other girls, so out off the top of my head I asked if she'd like to. She said yes, and I gave her my phone number, not expecting anything to come from it, but it got my mind off of the ex.
About 4 days later Marina sends me a text message on my cell phone suggesting we hang out that weekend, due to schedules we decided on Monday, so we went out to dinner, and shared really good conversation. After that we talked on the phone a couple of times, and I went out of town for Thanksgiving to be with my family and work on apartments I own(I do well for a 26 year old, I've made $55,000 this year, and next year I'll probably make a little over $60,000). On my way home (8 hour drive) I got bored and text messaged her a little compliment, to which she replied with thank you and have a good trip.
I got back from home and we talked briefly a time or two until last Tuesday she text messaged me and asked if I wanted to go see a movie. I said ok, and she said she would call me when she got back from dinner with her parents. I got home from work and she didn't call until 8:30. She said she was sorry and that dinner with her parents lasted longer than she thought it would. I was just like, ok, no problem.
The yesterday I was at work and I was bored, so I wrote her a text message that said, "You know you have to make up last night to me, right?" to which she replied, "of course I do"
We ended up going out for a movie tonight, which we both really enjoyed, and I gave her a silver Tiffany's bracelet that I bought for my ex before we broke up, she was helping me look for someone to buy it (it wasn't expensive, and had my ex's initials on it), and I told her that I figured I might as well just give it to her(the way I gave it to her added some excitement, but that's another story) This really lit her up and she was hugging me and stuff. I don't know if this was the right thing to do or not(in terms of 'getting her'), but I was honestly sick of looking at the thing b/c it reminded me of my ex, and I knew she really liked it.
Right now we are just sort of 'friends,' which is fine, although I've found that I'm starting to like her. I don't know if she's interested in me or not. I'm pretty new at this whole game thing, but I thought I'd get some advice on here about actions to take. I've got nothing to lose.
--one more thing, during the movie tonight she would cross her legs, which would make her foot lightly touch my leg, and she would brush it back and forth a little bit, before moving it to another position. As she did this throughout the movie, I moved my leg a bit closer to see what she'd do if we made a little heavier contact, and she didn't move at all. I don't know if this could be interpreted or not? Maybe she didn't notice it? I don't know.