Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

News for the nice guys out there

DopeStar

Reaction score
Ok this isn't mine but I thought it was a good slap in the face. If the original writer of this is out on these boards I'd just like to say that your perspective is very sharp. I won't post where I found this though because I don't know if the writer wants the credit or attention.

Alright here it is...

I've got some tough news.
There is a really good reason why women don't want "nice guys".
Here it is:
The classic "nice guy" is a very lonely man.
I don't mean that he is lonely because women don't respond to him intimately, sexually, and in terms of companionship, altho his self-pity in reaction to that lack of response can certainly certainly add a deep tone of dreariness to everything that is already so undesirable (and rightly so) about him.

I mean the classic "nice guy" is nice to a large degree BECAUSE he is lonely...as much as he might not like to admit it to himself, as much as he prides himself on the thought that exactly the opposite is true about him...he is (to a large degree) nice because he wants something in return...he wants companionship...which is "sweet"...but it's also A LOT....a HELL of a lot to want...(I don't think there is anything more extreme that can be asked of a person than companionship)....

So, therein, is established a hell of a lot of very good reason why no woman in her right-mind wants a classically "nice guy" - and even women who aren't in their right-minds are usually smart enough to steer way clear.

(1)The "nice guy" is trying to "buy" the very most precious thing that a woman is capable of personally giving to another adult....and he's not even being direct about it!!....not at all direct!!!....that's ****ing SHADY (what could be shady-er, really?)....and, so, actually, it's very crude, really very crude....which means the "nice guy" really really isn't a "nice guy"....and the lack of directness in it all is an act of dishonesty and an extreme cowardice. The "nice guy", in that sense (and it's a big sense), isn't nice, he's dishonest, he's a coward......he wants what practically everyone else wants but that's the way he's going about attempting to find it.....he's really not looking good as a person at this point.

(2)By being that way, not only has he already illustrated some pretty ****ty things about his character as a man and as a human being, he is also illustratiing that he has a comprehension of and capacity for intimacy/partnership/communication that couldn't fill a bad 8-page children's book on the topic....in fact, given the basic fact that practically every human being has at least a bit of an untended to child within them and the fact the the above tactics are what he has resorted to as a person in an attempt to get companionship indicates incredibly unhealthy desperation (as well as a severely troubled sense of ethics on a key-level) .....the classically "nice guy" can't help but make it clear to any woman who pays him even a bit of attnetion that what he is actually really looking for is someone to take care of him, his 'untended child', with which he has identified himself with in his feelings and his approach to women....he may not see it, may not want to see it, may think of himself as every opposite to it, but, the classically "nice guy" doesn't want to give...he wants to give to get...which isn't giving...his inspiration is his own loneliness....and what he wants in return for what he gives and promises he can and will give can't be given to him...he's "impossible" and not capable of actual intimacy.

(3)The classically "nice guy" invests so much of the totality of all that he is and has in that thinking, those tactics, that desperation, that undercover-self-centeredness, that effort of his to con, to bribe, and all the self-pity that is his response to women being too bright and socially/emotionally-intelligent to fall for his monstrous trip, that he's usually quite the wreck of a fellow really; all of his lying to himself and hiding from himself about what he's actually about in all of this has made it hard for him to see the wreck he's usually made of himself....but other people (especially women) see it just fine.

(4)The classically "bad guy", the classic "*******", isn't about to pay any attention to any potentially simliar matters in himself,...and he isn't about to let any woman pay attention to it either,...the classically "bad guy"/ "*******" psychologically cuts himself off from such possibilities........and at first, to women younger, naieve, it's a ****ing relief not to have to deal with that **** in a guy....to be around a guy that (at first anyway) doesn't want a mother....and maybe doesn't even want the sad sad dead nonsensical **** that most dumb-ass guys mistake as an insight into what relationship/intimacy is.

I think it's just the contrast that women enjoy sometimes......they go to the classic "*******" to get relief from demand on their maternalness......and then they go to the classic "nice guy" for a little affection.....and what else has the human world of man really had to offer them anyway?.......the classically "nice guy" is as much of an epidemic and threat as the classic "*******".....given the choice of who to spend their physically intimate time with they usually will indeed choose exactly wht the classically "nice guy" calls "an *******".......and why?......because this world is a constant harrowing demanding, violently demanding, cry for the majesty of maternalness that is most indeginously her's alone.....and the "nice guy" is just frustrating voice in it's cruel choir.

The "nice guy" and the "*******" are both ****ed - they are basically simply opposite sides of the same worthless counterfit coin.

What the sane woman (and she is a somewhat rare creature) wants if she wants companionship isn't even in the same universe that the "nice guy" and the "*******" occupy.

Dapper Swindler

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Every bit of good advice I've ever heard boils down to this. Girls will like you if you seem important, special, etc. All the advice is either about becoming important, special, or ways to make people think you are.

A nice guy doesn't do well with women because if he were so important and great then he wouldn't need to be so nice. It's a sign of desperation or at least unsatisfaction, important people don't have this.

A married friend once told me that she wasn't attracted to her now husband when he did nice things for her. She was only attracted to her when he did nice things for everyone. This showed that he wasn't desperately trying to get in her pants, he was just naturally a great guy. So being nice isn't necessarily a bad thing, it is only bad because it can be an indication of your self-worth.

If you ever have any doubts about what to do. Imagine what the absolute fvcking sh!t would do. Imagine the greatest most important person in the world, and what they would do in that situation. I know a lot of information we get seems to contradict concerning what to do, and that's because it's not about actions, it's about mentality.

Dirtheart

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The "nice guy", in that sense (and it's a big sense), isn't nice, he's dishonest, he's a coward..
I started to realise this about myself whenever I was suffering nice guy syndrome. One of the big reasons I was so nice is because I was scared of conflict, and I was scared of conflict because I hadn't the confidence to handle myself. It is also a fear of being rejected or refused something.

I'm just picking up on one point here, but I think most people can overcome their nice guy issues by confronting this particular fear.

I'm always well-mannered and never do anything to purposely hurt someone, but I've got into the habit of being direct with people and that's much more rewarding than the nice guy approach and always seems to work in my favour.

Great article and a great find.

Blue Phoenix

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I started to realise this about myself whenever I was suffering nice guy syndrome. One of the big reasons I was so nice is because I was scared of conflict, and I was scared of conflict because I hadn't the confidence to handle myself. It is also a fear of being rejected or refused something.
That´s the CORE of the nice guy!

Acceptance! Here´s so craving for acceptance that he allows people to walk over him.

Nice guy means:

Fear of
being alone
being rejected
standing up for himself
saying and doing what´s he wants to say/do

And what happens with the nice guy?

He ends:

alone
rejected
used
being false

It´s not easy but I believe nice guys can change! What DAvid deangelo explains is awesome. Why not being a nice guy. I think that´s good to be alerted to what is good and to what is not, but the core problem still persist!

For more that you pretend to be "alpha male" (as many like to say), you´re just fake! Soon or later the real nice guy will come out of the bag!

Those "techniques" really work but nice guys still will be nice guys with techniques or not (you´re just a skilled nice guy)!

Kineti[C]harm

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
How many times do people need to rewrite and reiterate this point.....

squirrels

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A universe...where heartbreak and sadness have bee
Originally posted by Kineti[C]harm
Until people on here start getting it.

And they stop looking ******D to achieve manhood...stop looking for a woman to make men out of them.

Reaction score
Originally posted by Kineti[C]harm
Until it sinks into their fawking heads. I've posted similiar surveys and posts only to have nice guys creap in and take pot shots.

What needs to be done is have it kicked between their big phoney shyt eating ***** servin teeth. Nice guys are phoneys. The pretend to be something just to get laid.

Watch em come out from under the sofa on this thread.

Oh and watch how much they debate over how far into the nice guy thing they can comfortable go and watch them attack the so-called mythical jerk or azzhole.

Mark my words KC

frivolousz21

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
one arguement that will be used by the nice guy is "being nice".

every women I meet..tells me im a great guy..they dont say "nice" yes they use words like "sweet". but im not eally nice..i make fun of her more than I am nice...i will probably say a couple "nice things to her".

Girl says:"i lost my data cd for class"
nice guy says: "im sorry, can I help you find it"
I say: "youd lose ur ass if it wasnt tied onto you"

girl says: "it was rainy and wet all day today"
nice guys: "im sorry, i can keep you dry"
i say: "i saw the rain..but its good to see I already make u wet this soon"

girl says: " i had a hotdog for lunch"
nice guys: "i like hotdogs too"
i say: "u wanna try a jumbo?"

first off id like to say..most of my life I was the DJ type..then for the last 2 yrs..I fell into the nice guy. so Ive been the nice guy.

and all i got was nasty ***** or none. Now im back to my old ways..and I get ***** thrown at me.

those are just examples..but I bet my replys get u laid 10000 times more than what the nice guy would say!

DJDamage

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Most nice guys also tend to think that life is not fair and it should be fair if they only just get the chance to prove themselves. They complain that women are not fair while not understanding how attraction works. However they cannot account for the reason why other men are succesful with women while they are not.

Failing or recieving rejection from a girl is better then not trying. And most of them don't even try.

Rollo Tomassi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've read a lot about the 'nice guy' syndrome on this site and others. Most, if not all, approach this from the socially conditioned standpoint. As a behavioral psychologist, one side of the 'nice guy' analysis that's underrepresented is the naturalistic reasons women opt for 'challenging' men (bad boys) rather than those sympathetic to them (nice guys).

In our illustrious climb to the top of the evolutionary ladder, our ancestors found it beneficial to cooperate in tribal units of hunter gatherers. Men, by virtue of their higher testosterone levels, we're better equipped for the more dangerous job of hunting, while women cared for the young and gathered what food could be found from the surrounding area. The more physically imposing male was better able to hunt successfully and thereby provide for the tribe/family unit. He was therefore more desirable for the purpose of procreation and was afforded more opportunity to do so.

This prowess not only translated into physical attributes, but also into psycho-biological traits - intelligence, attitude, agression, drive, confidence and any number of other psychological models that benefited not only his survival, but the survival of his progeny as well. These attributes have been associated and generalized for millenia by females as desirous qualities for procreation and in combination have been termed as masculine.

These models have been ingrained in women's psyches for centuries to the point that they are autonomous responses. They can't explain why they become aroused when certain qualities are exhibited in combination by a specific male, but identifying the behavioral responses to them isn't difficult.

The 'nice guy' dynamic attempts to circumvent this masculine arousal in an effort pass on genetic material since this is the male imperative. The 'nice guy' does so by attempting to identify with the target female. He trys to emphasize the similarities (whether imagined or actual) between himself and his potential mate in a bargaining arrangement for her sexual attention. Understand that this is a coping strategy for procreation that has been around for a long time, not some recent 20th century phenomenon that society has come up with. We classify these 2 approaches today as 'Jerk' vs. 'Nice', but they really can be defined as agressive vs. passive.

The problem with the passive approach is that it requires negotiation on the part of the 'Nice' male. He needs a psychological contract with the potential female and himself that implies he can make up for his inadiquacies by providing what he hopes she thinks she isn't getting from the masculine male - identification and/or affirmation. He therefore modifies his own personality to cater to this dynamic. The better he believes it, the better he hopes she will believe it.

In theory, for the 'Nice' guy to be successful he must emphasize the similarities between himself and her. But he's up against an enormous wall considering that for the last 7-8,000 years it's been the differences in each sex that have accounted for the attraction. Opposites have attracted for thousands of years, and the resultant, innate, psycho-biological models that have become autonomous in the women of our time aren't accounted for in the 'Nice' approach. The paradox of this is that the 'Nice' approach is culturally reinforced, while the respondent behavior of masculine attributes is what consistently stimulates the target response (i.e. sexual contact).

KC_Seductive

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Player_Supreme
Until it sinks into their fawking heads. I've posted similiar surveys and posts only to have nice guys creap in and take pot shots.

What needs to be done is have it kicked between their big phoney shyt eating ***** servin teeth. Nice guys are phoneys. The pretend to be something just to get laid.

Watch em come out from under the sofa on this thread.

Oh and watch how much they debate over how far into the nice guy thing they can comfortable go and watch them attack the so-called mythical jerk or azzhole.

Mark my words KC
LOL! Actually, its mind boggling how nice guys can even think about arguing about this. I guess the only way a lot of them will learn is by getting punked enough times by b*tches.