Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Newbie needs advice with shy girl :o

Anon

Reaction score
Long post alert

So there's this girl at school I quite like... up until a few weeks ago I didn't even know her name, but I noticed her standing alone before parent's evening one day and struck up a convo. She's REALLY shy and quiet but did make an effort to carry on the convo. She's an 8-9/10, really cute, asian. We're both 17.

Well, we chatted for about 10mins that evening, I didn't number close stupidly (I know, I suck) and left to find my parents. Since then I've only really spoke to her twice, for no more than 2mins each time, just small talk really :|. If i pass her in the corridor and we're alone, she smiles and says hi, if she's with friends she doesn't. She's not in any of my classes and if I ever see her in the canteen at lunch she's with her friends and I'm with mine.

Just today I saw her coming out the library before class and said hi, asked how she was etc. She was reserved as usual. Convo carried on something like this:

me: So what time do u finish today?
her: 4:15
me: me too. Are u walking back to town? (I know she always does this on Thursdays at 4:15)
her: Yeah
me: I might see u out there then, if u fancy it?
her: I'm walking back with a friend :mad: :mad:
me: Ah...ok

Yeah i suck
Then we parted ways and she left without saying bye :(
I know she always walks to town on Thursdays with her friend, but I dunno... if it was me I'd cancel with a friend to walk with her :D

This is really stressing me out, I overanalyze everything. I'm not very good at this. School is out for 2 weeks next Fri and I definately want to do something one way or another before then. I know where I can wait for her some days to get her alone but that only gets me a minute or two of convo. Or I could get lucky and her friend would be ill someday :|

So, any advice of what I could do, or should I just move on? (not that there's anyone to move on to). I could like, say I'd really like to get to know her better and ask for her number so we could catch up sometime over the break. I'd probably do a really **** job of that btw. Nerves own me.

I'm an average looking guy I guess. Not the kind of guy that gets approaced by girls. Nothing special. But not repulsive

My first post here btw, nice forum. Been lurking for a few weeks. Learnt a lot of good stuff, thanks.

Anson

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Our names are almost similiar!

Originally posted by Anon
I could like, say I'd really like to get to know her better and ask for her number so we could catch up sometime over the break. I'd probably do a really **** job of that btw. Nerves own me.
Of course nerves owe you - everybody's been there. But you have to do it. If you EVER want to get to bang, or even to date, chicks. You must take action NOW. Go read one of the boost-ups in the DJ Bible, get your confidence high (well... as high as it can get) and go ask her, despite your nervousness.

The great thing is: even if she rejects you, you can still be really proud for asking the number despite your fear! You can't lose, so go for it!

And I'm not going to lye to you: there's a good chance she will reject you. Because it seems to me that she's really not that much into you. But you can never know for sure until you've asked! And if you won't ask - the result is the same, you won't get the girl, the only difference is that you've rejected yourself. And believe me, that feels a lot worse.

So go there, ask for the number, and be PROUD that you won your fear and asked!

See also my signature. Wise words.

Cloud-uk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Argh yeah, no offence but it shows your a newbie. I'm gonna try and give you a bit of advice tho, some of it will probably be ****e, but n/m.

1) Read the bible. If you have, print it ourt and read it again

2) Get more confidence- ur post reeks of self-pesimism (if there is such a thing. :confused: )- there are plenty of articles on this, so just read a bit and put it into practice.

3) Get other girls on the go too- The more you focus on one girl, the less likely you are to succeed with her. Also, if you've got your eye on more than one girl it doesn't matter if one falls through, you've got tonnes more to content yourself with!

4) If you like this girl strike up a conversation with her, A GOOD ONE, and tell her that you think she's an interesting person, and that you think you two could be good friends (not in those words exactly). The drops her guard down, quickly say bye and leave. Now, as you're leaving turn to her and say "Hey, whats your number- I'll call you sometime when I'm free and we can meet up/ hey, later I'm going to this little pizza house, u should join me!. If that doesn't work, leave her for a while, and work on other girls.

Hope this helps

Anon

Reaction score
Thanks. Yeah she doesn't seem that much into me (at all), but i dunno if its the shyness or what. I've honestly never seen her talking to a guy in the 6months ive been at this school. I don't think she gets out much either. She's the kinda girl who does her homework in the library during free periods while everyone else goes to the canteen to chat with friends (I like that btw). All her friends are girls. But I'm not trying to make excuses

Some other stuff I forgot to include - the day after I first spoke to her I saw/heard her pointing me out to her best friend, altho I didn't hear any more of the convo after that. Also, I know she talked about me to her friends cause it got back to a guy I know, who joked about it with me and told me to go for it/ask her out. The only 2 people I've told swear they haven't said a word, so it must have been one of her friends. But it probably means nothing.

Oh well.. I'll probably just go for it and she'll politely reject me (YES I KNOW I'M PESIMISTIC). I've read some of the Bible but I'll read it all when I can.

Thanks

Turalyon999

Don Juan
Reaction score
don't "probably" go for it, JUST DO IT. Trust me, I used to be exactly like you, I would sit and analyze every little thing girls did before I would get up enough courage to just go ask them for their number. You know how many numbers I got, 0, nada, zilch. Stop analyzing and do somthing already. You said yourself, the worst that can happen is she says no, and if she says no, that's her loss not yours

good luck