Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

New Style (clothing)

aBAzLLnA

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Sup playa playz,

I made a new friend a couple weeks ago, the dood is 19 but the way he dresses he looks 21+. Essentially, his style is impeccable, and classy. I'm lookin at his style, then lookin at mine...then back at his, and thinking, "Hmm...there's something wrong with this picture."

So, I'm looking for advice on a new classy style. At this moment I can't remember if he tucked his collared shirt in (which looked wicked suave), but to those who have some sense of style, do you?

Any thoughts are appreciated.

~ivan *looking through target.com for good stuff :D *

Vincent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by aBAzLLnA
~ivan *looking through target.com for good stuff :D *
Alright theres your first problem...

If you want to look good, go buy a few GQ's maybe some mens health and just flip through it, look at styles you like and styles you don't.

Fasion isn't cheap and people can tell when your cheap. Even though some people might not be able to tell the difference between a $20 dress shirt, and a $100 does not mean everyone, and if you want to dress to kill, don't cheap out on clothes.

Alright now you don't need to blow 100 bucks on a nice dress shirt, but definetely no wal-mart.

Try express, gap, etc. Banana Republic might be too pricey, but they sell some nice shirts. I got a black shirt from there. My favorite piece of clothing.

If your gonna get dress shirts, and you don't want to tuck it in, make sure the back isn't rounded. Also look for pleated dress shirts, they fit better and have a better look (Most companies are accomodating for americas average size).
Also when you look for a dress shirt, make sure it fits well, not loose or baggy.

If you normally wear a medium t-shirt, buy a small (unless the mediums are tight on you as it were). Make sure your clothes fit well, that will give you a classier look.

As for pants. Your gonna need a few styles. The first is the Jeans. Jeans are good for casual styling, fits best with untuck dress shirts and polo's. Make sure they're baggy but not too baggy. You want them to hang at the top of your shoes sole. Boot cuts are nice. again check out express for these.

The next thing your gonna want is to get a nice pair of pants. Not jeans, and definetely not cargo. Khaki's are nice because they go with anything. Blacks are good, but it limits you, no black on black unless you want people to think your a cop, etc.

Alright, after you get the pants and shirts, your gonna want some accessories. This can include shoes/watches/neclaces.

Shoes, I like the sketchers dress shoes, they're not too expensive, and they have a nice semi-casual look too them. There are nicer shoes, but you'll be looking at around 200 per pair for them. Plus you won't want to wear them as much.

Watches, definetely get a watch, make sure its classy. Nothing gaudy and stupid. Make sure it has some silver, matches more things, Gold's more of a bling factor. Shell out some good money on this, and you'll be happier.

Neclaces. This is really more of a personal preference thing. Whatever you feel most comfortable in works. I like simple things, they're more meaningful, etc.

Ties. Get a couple ties, quality isn't necesarily the most important. You can pay 20 bucks for one at penny's or 35 for an express. If you find something you like, buy it. But i've received much more compliments on my express ties than on anything else. Remember you get what you pay for. Only wear a tie if you tuck in your shirt, and be damn sure its strait and tight. It looks tacky to have a tie hanging on your neck.

Now because your not gonna want to deal with dress shirts every day, get some polo's. Again this is really a personal preference thing. I have blue eyes, so i try to wear a lot of blue to bring it out, but i also have some green which happens to be my fav color and some red. If you want to stand out, get some pinks and purples. Its not what you wear, its how you wear it.

Hmm what else is there to cover... Well thats all i can think of, if you got any questions feel free to ask.

-HPNOTIQ-

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Suggestion, go to the search engine here and look for how to dress Vassago. Vassago had a good article descibing style and a lot of good responses to it...

A good tip is to check out what the "name brand" places are putting out, then, pick a style you like and look for it at a place like ROSS, or TJ MAXX...these places often have lots of name brand clothes for half the dept store price...bought some express men's jeans from TJ MAXX for $20, the dept store charging $50

hb

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Prada American Cup shoes are the $h!T. Your lookin at around 250-300 for a pair. Search around and maybe you'll find them for cheaper.
They are sneaker shoes, you can wear them with jeans or wear them dressy.
In my opinion STRIPPED dress shirts are the best and NEVER tuck them in. Banana republic has a great seluction, but yes they are expensive. Express has them for a little cheaper, around 50 dollars a shirt. If you have a nice body or some what of a nice body, buy tight shirts. I am currently trying to get a six pac of abs so i can show them off when i throw on a dress shirt. Just remmember dont make it look like your trying to put on a show everyday. People will notice that your trying to hard.
Get a few polos. Mix your style up, get a baggy polo and a tight one. People are not used to seeing baggy polos, but dont make it too baggy.
I hate people that wear baggy jeans. your jeans should be a perfect loose fit- not baggy and not too tight. I personally love faded jeans.

Shades are the $-s-h-i-t-$
Just remmember you can find anything at discount price but you gotta look.

Pink is also hugely "IN" right now. Go get a pink polo. Also try to mess with hands. Not so much fitteds, im talkin about kangols and "pimp" hats.

Levex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
unfortunately, if you want to look good you have to pay. i know from my own experience, i got a $90 pair of jeans(nautica) and a $16 pair(brooklyn express).
one day i just took a close look at how both look on me and realized that i look like a homeless guy in $16 ones.$90 ones fit just perfectly and are very comfortable. of course you pay more for the brand name then for actual quality,but quality is still a LOT better than some cheap brands.

Raptured Phoenix

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by hb
Shades are the $-s-h-i-t-$
shades ARE sh1t.

NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER wear sunglasses when DJing. You want people to see your EYES, remember they are the window to your soul, who would feel attracted to a soul-less robot?

I was in a group not too long ago, everyone was wearing sunglasses except me and this other chick...guess who I connected with the best, the girl without the sunglasses. Finally after like 5minutes of just "stranger" vibes, I told the other girl to take off her glasses cause I wanted to see her eyes.

Its especially bad in a group, cause you are never too sure who they are talkin to. Sunglasses tear away at TRUST, we as DJs want to BUILD trust.

Yeah, those discount stores rock. My mom went shoping today and she got me two pants and a sweatershirt type of thing. They look really sharp, especially with my black leather shoes. ( I have some 'hush puppies' shoes? ahahaha yeah that sounds hilarious, but they look cool)

Ive noticed my clothes are like.. outdated to my level of maturity, so I'm trying to get a bunch that look snazzy :D

Although clothings seems like a weird concept to me...draping your body...I dunno

hb

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
OOO MAN when you take a look at a person with sunglasses, they almost always look good. OFCOURSE when talking to a person you should use your eyes to connect. Based on IMAGE which is exactly what clothing is about, shades are the ****.

DUDE your mother buys your clothes. :rolleyes:

Raptured Phoenix

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by hb
OOO MAN when you take a look at a person with sunglasses, they almost always look good
yeah...they look good like a car looks good. They look "sleek," they do not arouse emotions and attraction.

HELL YEAH my mommy buys me clothsie-poos

You jealous? :D

Vincent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Raptured Phoenix
yeah...they look good like a car looks good. They look "sleek," they do not arouse emotions and attraction.
Speak for yourself.

I've seriously come close to having an orgasm over cars.

There is nothing sexier than a Enzo, F1, S7, 68 Cobra, etc etc. ;)

DJBen

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you've got the body to wear your shirt tucked in - makes your chest look good and stomache nice and flat, go for it. That way, you can show off your butt in a decent pair of fairly tight fitting trousers, which women generally seem to like.

I'm all for shades. Use them when talking to your pals and stuff, but if you're gonna approach anyone, say your first line and take them off. Best of both worlds.

-HPNOTIQ-

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
In retrospect...

Clothes are nothing if you don't have the body to wear it.

You might buy a $250 pair of Burberry Shades..or wear $300 Prada shoes..but..if you arent confident in the skin that you are in...then forget it.

I'd rather have my six pack tight and a $10 T Shirt from Target than wear a $100 A/X shirt with a gut hanging over my belt line.

aBAzLLnA

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So I got myself some new clothes for outings. I'll only wear these for dances/movies/going out etc... I still need some ideas for clothes and the whatnot. Suggestions?

Soma

Banned
Reaction score
Here's a couple ways I dress...

First off, don't wear a collared shirt tucked in. Nerd sh!t.

If you really want that suave look, spice it up a bit. Wear a fitted collared shirt, NOT tucked in. Top two buttons and bottom two buttons must be unbuttoned and don't button the cuffs. No shirt underneath. Wear a sports coat over the shirt. Let the cuffs of the shirt hang out of the sleeves of the coat. Wear light blue, boot cut, jeans with a crazy looking white wash, maybe even some rips and tears. White sneakers or black shoes like Diesel. Right now those really small, thin, European type shoes are coming into style. So you can also try those. Get some rings and a cool, yet simple, necklace. Get a belt with a huge-ass shiny buckle. Since your shirt is unbuttoned at the bottom the buckle will stick out. Get some clear shades if you can hang with it. And finally...the key to this style...do you hair crazy. Hell, don't do it all. Wake up and go out like that. It's all about CONTRAST. Say it with me; CONTRAST. Your clothes say suave, well kept, stylish motherfvcker, but your hair says you don't give a sh1t how you look. If you can grow facial hair let your 5 oclock shadow grow in. Fvckin pimp.

Another look:
Get a fitted collared shirt. Not a solid color unless it has a VERY interesting pattern or texture. Get a shirt with a crazy looking pattern. Do not wear a shirt underneath, not even a tank top. Keep the top two buttons unbuttoned and keep the bottom two buttons unbuttoned. Cuffs should be unbuttoned. You can let the cuffs hang down or slightly roll them up. I roll mine up because I have a tattoo that runs from the side of my neck down to my wrist. Know how the front part of buttoned shirts split in the front at the bottom? Loosely tuck one side into your pants. The rest of the shirt should be hanging out. You should have a really flashy belt on which is being showed off by that piece of your shirt being tucked in. White belts with huge silvers studs are the sh!t right now. Get some dark, low-rise, boot-cut, jeans with a strong white wash. The jeans should be fitted so they kinda flare at the bottom a bit. Plain white sneakers like K Swiss or Phat Farm old skool style. Personally, I wear either K Swiss or Perry Ellis which have a blue stripe on the side of the sole to match the pants I'm wearing. If you think you can hang, get some clear-colored shades.

Wear some cool rings and a fitted but simple necklace (I made mine. It's a black leather cord with one metal stud in the middle.) I usually have something on my wrist like a leather band, sweatband, or a bandana. If I'm wearing dark colors I wear a bright color on my wrist like white, red, green, or yellow.

-Soma

aBAzLLnA

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I like the ideas soma. Good stuff, I'm not big on accessories, I just feel like I don't need that **** to accent my style...

White belts with huge silvers studs are the sh!t right now.
Do you have a pic?

Soma

Banned
Reaction score
Of course you don't need it. But it's something you should really consider. If you don't stand out you'll only fit in.

Aight, just took a pic of my belt. Seeing if i can host it somewhere.

*edit*

Nevermind. Don't have a place to host it but here's a pic that shows what I'm talking about. This belt is similar to the one I have. Mine is wider though, as it has three rows of studs rather than two.

http://www.hottopic.com/store/product.asp?LS=0&ITEM=154842&RN=138

aBAzLLnA

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you don't stand out you'll only fit in.
Not if you look like a bum some days, then pimp it out on a special day. It's all about contrast baby lol

TheInfamousCBear

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Soma

Nevermind. Don't have a place to host it but here's a pic that shows what I'm talking about. This belt is similar to the one I have. Mine is wider though, as it has three rows of studs rather than two.

http://www.hottopic.com/store/product.asp?LS=0&ITEM=154842&RN=138
The white one looks like a$$...The black one looks better...

Just noticing, alot of people in here dress the same...Kinda scary...

MrBond_Age

Don Juan
Reaction score
Heres my classy style:

-Have your hairs short and style like Seifer in FF8.
-Wear clean black jeans
-Wear a black t-shirt with the bottom inside the jeans
-Wear a white shirt, unbutonned on top of it.

English not bein my first language, Im not really good at describing clothing.