Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

New study says genetics play up to a 72% role in how the body responds to training

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
Sounds like the set up for a cop out. I don’t disagree that genetics play a role in fitness but I can see evidence like this being used as an excuse for why some people are lazy. Anything and everything can be blamed on genetics.
It's kind of just giving evidence to what most people already know tho.

Clearly they see people they work harder than who are in much better shape or on the flip side, they see other people who work harder than them that they are in much better shape then.

This simply gives the truth that you can't just explain things away by diet and sleep cycles outside the gym.

firstbornunicorn

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
"the scientists analysed results from 3,012 adults aged between 18 and 55 who had been asked to train in muscle strength, cardiovascular fitness and anaerobic power exercises for at least two weeks."

Ok. 2 weeks.

Go to the gym for 10 years and your genetics don't matter as much. You might not be world class in anything, but you *will* be fitter than if you hadn't, and running laps around genetically gifted but inconsistent people.

Last edited:

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Good genetics makes things far easier in regards to getting results from training and similarly bad genetics causes you to have to work a lot harder for the same results.

Back in the 80's it was thought that muscle type conversion from "slow twitch" to "fast twitch" can occur on approximately 20% of the muscular tissues. Since 2010 the knowledge is approximately 60% of the muscle tissues can convert.

What it means in laymens terms is barring physical anomalies and huge defects that most people can train to an EXTREMELY high level if they utilize planning and good training blocks.

So listening to that number is a cop out. And I don't doubt it, because politically they don't want people to find out what they are capable of. They want people with limited and restricted mindsets.

Good genetics is an advantage and a good starting point. If you don't have that you have to take what you have and work with it.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
"the scientists analysed results from 3,012 adults aged between 18 and 55 who had been asked to train in muscle strength, cardiovascular fitness and anaerobic power exercises for at least two weeks."

Ok. 2 weeks.

Go to the gym for 10 years and your genetics don't matter as much. You might not be world class in anything, but you *will* be fitter than if you hadn't, and running laps around genetically gifted but inconsistent people.
Of course that's the case. I'm not arguing that. I'm simply saying that no matter how hard you train you will have a ceiling that might be lower or higher than others and there isn't a whole lot you can do about that.

FlexpertHamilton

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Even though I incidentally do agree with the article... #1 yahoo should never be used as a source #2 any title that has "experts say" is BS #3 the article only uses Telegraph for all of its sources. So the article itself is nonsense.

I do believe however that genetics largely determine your ability to gain strength, especially muscle size. However, there is no reason to believe genetics will limit the degree to which exercise and diet can make you healthier and more fit. Besides, being really bulky and strong has its drawbacks - it taxes your cardiovascular system more, even if you're lean, and it doesn't seem to be good for longevity. Overall health and fitness matters much more.

SargeMaximus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I for one am glad modern “men” are developing towards weakness. Gives us older guys who know the real **** the edge

Last edited:

HaleyBaron

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I saw a disabled guy with ****ed up walking become fit as ****. If he can do it, anyone should.

Indiveber

Don Juan
Reaction score
Of course that's the case. I'm not arguing that. I'm simply saying that no matter how hard you train you will have a ceiling that might be lower or higher than others and there isn't a whole lot you can do about that.
What is the point of saying that? It sounds like cope. There's literally no point in thinking about anything like that. It's a loser mindset.

For example, it's well documented that different races have different average testosterone levels. I bet 90% of black men could look better than me if they put in as much effort as me, with as much knowledge. But they don't. They have the best muscle building genetics in the world, yet they are the most obese demographic.

I look better than 99.9% of men, regardless of their genetics.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
What is the point of saying that? It sounds like cope. There's literally no point in thinking about anything like that. It's a loser mindset.

For example, it's well documented that different races have different average testosterone levels. I bet 90% of black men could look better than me if they put in as much effort as me, with as much knowledge. But they don't. They have the best muscle building genetics in the world, yet they are the most obese demographic.

I look better than 99.9% of men, regardless of their genetics.
Because it's the truth?

Trust me, I put the work in the gym and it payed off. I had to work harder than a lot of others but I didn't care. When I pursue a goal it's relentless.