Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

New member intro. (of sorts) for Maverick001

Maverick001

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

The following may not make much sense because it's going to take shape as I type, so some sundry thoughts...

I stand looking at the future, like an ocean spread out before me - full of hope, promise and adventure. I cannot help but smile.

Behind is all that I have done and foregone to reach where I am now. Regrets? Certainly. Mistakes? Many. But now is the time to let go of all that and chart a new course. No blame or even searching for understanding. No why this or why that. No how come this or how come that. It is what it is. The past cannot be undone but the future beckons.

Isn't it amazing how a great many things are really the search for meaning? But I digress.

I take full responsibility for all my failings and past weakness. No excuses, just an acknowledgement of my accountability.

This imperceptible but nonetheless inexorable impulse brought me here to sosuave. No, that's not right. It was more of a growing mental and emotional gnawing I couldn't fight anymore. No more anger. No more rage. I give in. I yield. All my strength is spent. I won't deny who I am any more.

I am a man. I make no excuses for it and have no explanations to offer to those who want me to be something else.

In my opinion, an AFC is a man who's a prince that's been fooled by the world into thinking he's a frog. Becoming a DJ is not a path of conversion but rather of reversion BACK to manhood because of having to unlearn those habits and perceptions that cause imbalance and misalignment.

This is going to be an amazing undertaking, so I unfurl the sails and take control of the helm as the port slips away behind.

She makes you weak in the knees.

But she won't give you the time of day.

Here is how to get her.

Survivor

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum, Maverick.

I've been where you've are, so I clearly understood every word of your post. It made complete sense.

The DJ Bible is linked at the upper right corner. It's not the epitome of perfection, but it'll provide some guidelines of where to go from here.

Your profile shows that you're over 30. As an older guy you should have experiences that are a little different from the kids in high school and college. As such, you are more than welcome to post your field reports here in Mature Man.

Congratulations, now get to work....

Don Juanabbe

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Maverick001
In my opinion, an AFC is a man who's a prince that's been fooled by the world into thinking he's a frog.
I like that analogy, Maverick, welcome!

MrCode

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes, welcome aboard Maverick. I too can relate to what you are saying, and agree that the path to DJism is really a return to being what a man should be, not the pathetic creatures this society seems to want us to be.

While we all certainly regret some of our pasts, all we can do is let that go and ensure that are futures will not be full of regrets.

Forward we march!

DJoystick DJango

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hej ... we come from the same place. Did you make Elite by any chance?

... so I unfurl the sails and take control of the helm as the port slips away behind.
Ships are meant to be at sea, calm or storm.
On Ports they should only call, for women and for rum.
-JJ

Sail on Mav.

Maverick001

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Thanks for the welcome. It's going to be a fun trip.

Survivor, I've signed up for this Thursday's boot camp so it's going to be a hoot.

Don Juanabbe, you know I reread my post here and I like that analogy even more and so it now becomes a part of my sig.

MrCode, glad to be part of the rank and file now.

DJoystick DJango, don't know what Elite is, unless you're referring to that old Commodore 64 game. Plus as a DJ in training, I'm not ready to join the elite ranks just yet. Agreed on the purpose of ports.

Maverick001

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Damn JJ,

That brings back some memories, Winter Games, Summer Games, etc. with friends over to play on the C64 in the basement.

I find that I'm having to rediscover or uncover what's fun now as a "mature" man when having fun was second nature as a kid. I think Pook wrote something about that.

As mature men, having fun should mean that different facets of life in general are open for exploration, which were previously closed in our younger years. I don't mean just women, but travel, and exploration of the mind, etc.

Am I making any sense here?

I don't want to ride a bicycle around all day and climb trees with my friends like when I was a kid but there's got to be a way to have some fun and mindless frivolity as an adult.

I think I need to explore this and spontaneously so, for myself. Just do whatever strikes me at the time when I have free time and want to just have fun.

ER!C L!VE

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by DJoystick DJango
Jep C64.
http://www.docsnyderspage.de/

Classic C=64 intro's done in Flash.

I was an 'Elite' Phreaker/Pirate w/ my 1200 baud modem on the Amiga calling all over da world at 14yrs old. Wee hoo! My close buddy is "The Shark" of INC. Good times.

I was: Major Havoc :p

Cheers!

k, back to topic...

Survivor

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Survivor, I've signed up for this Thursday's boot camp so it's going to be a hoot.
Now that I know that I need to make a clarification. Post all of your Boot Camp related field reports in Don Juan Discussion.

Anything else not Boot Camp related you can post here.

Ricky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Survivor, can we keep a bootcampish, field report thread here just for the mature men? I say that because I like this portion of the board alot better than the main board.

Maverick001

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Survivor
Now that I know that I need to make a clarification. Post all of your Boot Camp related field reports in Don Juan Discussion.

Anything else not Boot Camp related you can post here.
My bad :cool:

All BC updates will go into the DJ Discussion forum...

Survivor

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Ricky
Survivor, can we keep a bootcampish, field report thread here just for the mature men? I say that because I like this portion of the board alot better than the main board.
I've often weighed the pros and cons of allowing BC threads here.

On the positive side, boot campers would get better feedback on their field reports, unlike on the main forum, they'd be getting responses from, at best, other boot campers.

However, it also means older posters having to sift through threads of 35 year old grown men saying "hi" to 50 women a day. Not Fun At All. Don Juan Discussion is a place for mature veterans to help younger posters. The Mature Man, however, is a place for mature veterans to help themselves.

I decided that in this case, the needs of mature veterans outweigh the needs of mature newcommers. The mature forum exists because alot us wanted a place where mature and advanced topics could be discussed in greater detail. Sorry, but the Boot Camp was designed for beginners regardless of age, therefore does not qualify as a mature or advanced topic. All newcommers are welcome to post and ask MATURE questions, but anything boot camp related simply does not belong here.

Look at it this way. Older guys posting FRs in main forum INCREASES that forum's quality of dialouge. You'd show younger posters by example the dedication it takes to improve themselves. Plus, you'd gain much respect from veterans here by doing so.

Walden

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I concur , but I'll still check on how the BC guys are doing.

Ricky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
That is kind of a good point about the boot camps.

You know what, my need to constantly do boot camps reminds me that at the heart of things I still am a bit of an introvert. Not always a bad thing though!

Maverick001

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: welcome to the board

Originally posted by baseballDJ
don't forget the search function that is inbetween f.a.q. and home. That is also a really good thing to use because it will be just as good as the DJB. You can find alot of stuff on this site.

But yes welcome to the board and I will keep an eye on your progress in bootcamp because I see you as going far with the attitude that you have.

Good going and good luck:)

now enough of this youngin on the mature mans forum:D.
Hey baseball DJ,

My bad for not replying sooner. Thanks for the search tip and encouragement. Week 1 of BC has been pretty good and I'm looking forward to Week 2.

Cheers
Mav

disciple

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Welcome, my friend. I'm almost new in a way myself. I first joined this forum 4 years ago but then I left to explore other things and then checked in here and there but now I back on a more regular basis and its kinda new to me all over again. Make sure you do more listening and learning early on to develop your insight and knowledge. There are some guys on here that really have some tight game to share but then you have your occasional idiots also. Just learn to tell the difference between good sh*t and dumb sh*t. I'm out.

Maverick001

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
disciple,

Thanks bud. My bad for not replying sooner. Lots of stuff going on in my life right now...mostly good though.

I'll update the happenings in a little bit.

Later.

Cheers,
Mav