Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

New job as an apprentice. Any advice?

RazorRambo24

Banned
Reaction score
Maintain a positive and optimistic attitude about everything, no matter what task is given to you. Avoid people when they are upset-- people often associate emotions with those who are around them. Socialize intelligently.. Nothing pushes opportunities more than friendships. Becoming friends with your managers makes it easy to get promoted. But first you have to prove that you're just a good reliable guy...

People are motivated by self interest.. if you can play on somoenes self interest rather than make it obvious you're after your own, while also befriending them and proving to be a reliable, optimistic and positive person, you can work your way to the top of many ladders.. and past some interesting doors in life.

Gamisch

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
In the building trade in the UK apprentices can be the butt of jokes. It usually involves sending them on errands to the builders merchants to buy something along the lines of:

Paint with stripes in it

Tartan paint

A left handed screwdriver

A long weight.
Ofcourse yeah, i have heard them all ...the air ladder is another one . You might end uo cleaning a bus or two....it's life at the bottom of the hierarchy.

Ironically enough this is also one of the reasons why men in the prime of their lives rather stay at home rocking their ps4 and the Pronhub all day instead of..making shyye happen .

I know the hierarchy. Can't expect a man who been in the trenches for 25 + years to just repect you doing his skill overnight.

Respect is always earned and NEVER given

SpartanWarrior77

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
In the building trade in the UK apprentices can be the butt of jokes. It usually involves sending them on errands to the builders merchants to buy something along the lines of:

Paint with stripes in it

Tartan paint

A long weight.
Try finding a level bubble or a pipe stretcher lol

Gamisch

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
In the US, we would ask for a metric adjustable wrench.

Paint with stripes in it

Tartan paint

A long weight.

I donf get it, when a man tries to progress there are always a few trying to bring him down? Or am I just being too uptighht again??

Lets keep the thread real about advice for men who wanna excel in the work force but lack fundamentals. Is this the best you can do? I asked humbly for advice not for a stand up comic show. And it helped me as well.

Try to be funny elsewhere please. I ask you guys respectfully, keep the thread about helping a man who wants to perform at his best at the workplace instead of low key dissing him because its an apprentice position at the bottom.

Not just for me ,but for any men who struggled to go from zero back to hero.

Mike32ct

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Eastern Time Zone where it's always really late
I donf get it, when a man tries to progress there are always a few trying to bring him down? Or am I just being too uptighht again??

Lets keep the thread real about advice for men who wanna excel in the work force but lack fundamentals. Is this the best you can do? I asked humbly for advice not for a stand up comic show. And it helped me as well.

Try to be funny elsewhere please. I ask you guys respectfully, keep the thread about helping a man who wants to perform at his best at the workplace instead of low key dissing him because its an apprentice position at the bottom.

Not just for me ,but for any men who struggled to go from zero back to hero.
Understood. That was a side joke not intended to target anyone in particular. My apologies.

I fully support what you’re doing. I mean that sincerely.

Fruitbat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
One thing I learned as I aged. Respect the hierarchy but know where the boundaries are. Listen to what you’re told and never kick back against older hands. Never challenge authority.

However, know the boundaries. Don’t take the above as being a doormat. Ie being told to do things a certain way is fine. Getting the crap jobs at first is normal. Some dude lording it over you, talking down to you, not cool.

Everyone deserves basic respect. Keep this in your mind when trying to distinguish authority from tyranny.

Scaramouche

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hi Gamisch,
In this Country one of the favourite tricks is to get Painters or those with Overalls at knock off time,and Fix them to a door with a Nail Gun through the garment!