Why "Whatever You Want" Keeps You Single

She says the movie looks dumb; you suddenly agree. She tests you with a little attitude; you apologize for nothing.

You think you're being easy to get along with. She reads something else entirely: a man with no edges. Nothing to hold on to. No friction, no tension, no reason to wonder what he really thinks.

The "22 Rules" taught me to push back — playfully, calmly, without needing her approval. Strange things happened after that.

Read more...

New Here

leminili

New Member
Joined
Dec 27, 2004
Messages
5
Reaction score
0
Age
40
After getting the I just want to be friends line with a girl I kind of liked 2-3 months ago I started researching and want to get this part of my life figured out. Never had a GF or anything close.

After alot of reading stuff I figured I was totally off track and am a wuss still is tho but A wuss enough knowledge to improve and learn.

I'll probably have a hard time reaching a DonJuan state because of my height(161 cm) and baby face and I'm not getting any taller(I'm 18) people usually give me 16 or less :D . So there's a problem. I am Asian living in Montreal.

It will be hard for me for people to take me seriously people see me as a kid and I always get IDed. But I'll try my best and all and approach woman.
 

"Stop Asking Your Friends What to Text Her"

Your buddy Dave has been single for three years and thinks "hey u up" is a valid strategy. Your other buddy Mike just got dumped and told you to "just be yourself."

You showed them her text. You asked them to decode the emoji. You drafted four responses and sent the screenshot to the group chat for a vote.

She's been waiting forty minutes.

Put the phone down. Stop crowdsourcing your love life. Type something that sounds like you. Hit send. Then go do literally anything else with your evening.

Read more...

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jul 10, 2003
Messages
15,481
Reaction score
65
Location
Galt's Gulch
DJ LESSON #1 - It's not all about looks.
 

TillTheEndOfTime

Master Don Juan
Joined
Dec 4, 2004
Messages
1,930
Reaction score
59
Originally posted by leminili
After getting the I just want to be friends line with a girl I kind of liked 2-3 months ago I started researching and want to get this part of my life figured out. Never had a GF or anything close.

After alot of reading stuff I figured I was totally off track and am a wuss still is tho but A wuss enough knowledge to improve and learn.

I'll probably have a hard time reaching a DonJuan state because of my height(161 cm) and baby face and I'm not getting any taller(I'm 18) people usually give me 16 or less :D . So there's a problem. I am Asian living in Montreal.

It will be hard for me for people to take me seriously people see me as a kid and I always get IDed. But I'll try my best and all and approach woman.
You're not getting anywhere with that attitude about your height. First off, you speak of this state of Don Juan. Let me tell you this state is not grounded by your looks. It has nothing at all to do with your looks. Being a DJ is a state of mind. It's confidence, it's determination, it's about being in charge of your life and taking on life head on. If you come in with an attitude different than that, you'll never be a DJ.

I understand where you're coming from. The stereotypical short young looking asian. I'll admit this is a hurdle. But didn't I just say a DJ takes life head on? Do realize that age and maturity are reflected not only by your physical appearance, but also by your words and actions. There's not much you can do about your looks besides dressing nice. Yeah if you wear a dragonball Z shirt you can imagine why someone would think you're 16 given your physical appearance. Anyways, dress up, wear nice shirts and pants, ditch the dragonball Z/spiderman/batman shirts. I'm not saying to wear a suit and tie everyday, but incorporate some more semi-formal clothes into your daily routine.

On top of this, you have to reflect on how you interact with people. I do not know you personally so I could not possibly give you any specific advice. However, I can tell you that what you say and how you say it says a lot about your maturity and will affect how old people will perceive you as.

I'm not that tall either (about 174 cm). I do know for a fact that some girls are quite picky about height and are usually attracted to tall 6' men. I don't let that get me down and you shouldn't either. If they want to restrict themselves to 6' people, then they can go right ahead and do that. They're missing out on a lot of great guys like me. That's how you should be thinking too. That's an example of the DJ state of mind.
 

leminili

New Member
Joined
Dec 27, 2004
Messages
5
Reaction score
0
Age
40
Thanks for your advices, funny thing you mentionned the T-Shirts because I received a SuperMan T-shirt with the S for Christmas.
 

"Stop Asking Your Friends What to Text Her"

Your buddy Dave has been single for three years and thinks "hey u up" is a valid strategy. Your other buddy Mike just got dumped and told you to "just be yourself."

You showed them her text. You asked them to decode the emoji. You drafted four responses and sent the screenshot to the group chat for a vote.

She's been waiting forty minutes.

Put the phone down. Stop crowdsourcing your love life. Type something that sounds like you. Hit send. Then go do literally anything else with your evening.

Read more...

Top