Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

New friends

RestUnknown

Don Juan
Reaction score
My current friends, well they’re not really friends, but we hang out together because we have no one else.

My personality compared to them is completely different, from music taste to interests. I had great times with them, but now I’m embarrassed to be seen with them. I’m not that great either, but it’s getting on my nerves. Every single weekend they go the same dodgy bar, but first they have to play their pc games. After 2-3 beers they go back home to game some more.

There is no problem in getting rid of them, it’s just the fact I have no one else. From threads I posted you can see I’m messed up myself. But part of me thinks it’s because of them. I have absolutely no social skills and don’t encounter many new people so it will be almost impossible for me to get new ones which I can truly consider as friends.

We planned a trip together in august and to be honest I want to bail out because of all of this. I know it’s gonna end up in silent evenings and drinking beer just to feel a bit better and saying something.

Well this is not really a question, I know what to do, it’s just that I will be friendless for a very long time and I honestly don’t know what that’s gonna do with my mental sanity of sitting at home all that time.

Billtx49

Reaction score
Live your own life. Friends come and go. Find some compatible ones next time…

flowtheory

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My current friends, well they’re not really friends, but we hang out together because we have no one else.
This is not ideal for your overall growth. And that’s what we and you are interested in. Recognize that. Then accept it.

My personality compared to them is completely different, from music taste to interests. I had great times with them, but now I’m embarrassed to be seen with them. I’m not that great either, but it’s getting on my nerves. Every single weekend they go the same dodgy bar, but first they have to play their pc games. After 2-3 beers they go back home to game some more.
People grow apart when they don’t grow together. That’s life. Don’t sacrifice your authentic self for other people. That’s a huge takeaway from what we learn in SoSuave. Lose the attitude of “I’m not that great either.” If you believe this, create habits which will change that inner belief.

There is no problem in getting rid of them, it’s just the fact I have no one else. From threads I posted you can see I’m messed up myself. But part of me thinks it’s because of them. I have absolutely no social skills and don’t encounter many new people so it will be almost impossible for me to get new ones which I can truly consider as friends
Take full responsibility for everything in your life. It’s not their fault you’re unhappy.
You’re unhappy because you’re choosing to fit in a box where you don’t belong because you’re afraid to be alone. If you don’t have skills for socializing, learn about it, then take small daily steps to obtaining better social skills to cultivate the social circle which is empowering. Nothing is impossible. And friendships take time. Learn patience.

We planned a trip together in august and to be honest I want to bail out because of all of this. I know it’s gonna end up in silent evenings and drinking beer just to feel a bit better and saying something.
Tell them something came up and distance yourself if they really are not an empowering source for you. Look out for yourself.

Well this is not really a question, I know what to do, it’s just that I will be friendless for a very long time and I honestly don’t know what that’s gonna do with my mental sanity of sitting at home all that time.
It’s not a wuestion. But your asking for perspective. Then be friendless. And it may not be for a very long time (that’s your belief), and no one says you have to stay at home all the time (this would be a choice).

First step is recognizing the situation. The next step is taking action to changing that situation. If you don’t change something which brings you emptiness, dissatisfaction, and turmoil; you’re masochistic.
Being by oneself isn’t as bad as people think. Fall in love with yourself and the world around you, and the world will show you it loves you back.

Take action. Change your world. But first know to change your world, you have to change how you interact with it. Those come down to your beliefs and your daily habits.

Reactions: Von

Von

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This is not ideal for your overall growth. And that’s what we and you are interested in. Recognize that. Then accept it.

People grow apart when they don’t grow together. That’s life. Don’t sacrifice your authentic self for other people. That’s a huge takeaway from what we learn in SoSuave. Lose the attitude of “I’m not that great either.” If you believe this, create habits which will change that inner belief.

Take full responsibility for everything in your life. It’s not their fault you’re unhappy.
You’re unhappy because you’re choosing to fit in a box where you don’t belong because you’re afraid to be alone. If you don’t have skills for socializing, learn about it, then take small daily steps to obtaining better social skills to cultivate the social circle which is empowering. Nothing is impossible. And friendships take time. Learn patience.

Tell them something came up and distance yourself if they really are not an empowering source for you. Look out for yourself.

It’s not a wuestion. But your asking for perspective. Then be friendless. And it may not be for a very long time (that’s your belief), and no one says you have to stay at home all the time (this would be a choice).

First step is recognizing the situation. The next step is taking action to changing that situation. If you don’t change something which brings you emptiness, dissatisfaction, and turmoil; you’re masochistic.
Being by oneself isn’t as bad as people think. Fall in love with yourself and the world around you, and the world will show you it loves you back.

Take action. Change your world. But first know to change your world, you have to change how you interact with it. Those come down to your beliefs and your daily habits.
I am gonna start doing that.

I've had childhood friends... we dont have the same ''life goals'' but I can't see myself cutting ties.... with them I feel I can be ''who I am'' and it's ''relaxing''..

Gonna create a space to make it and force myself to interact with people in my line of ''ambition'' / share busines with them... They might become friends.

I know people usually drift after a few months/2 years.... but it's by making contacts you'll have resultats.

One thing I've noticed... Now that I live on my own and live experiences. I relate alot more to people... so making friends/contact been easier.