Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

New Freshman in college...need help

theguy351

Don Juan
Reaction score
this sucks for me...im an incoming freshman now. I dont know how to meet people., because since the campus is in mid-year mode and not in new student mode, it makes it very hard. Everyone already has their sets of friends and they know what they r doing and yada yada yada.

I need some advice/tips/helpful pointers and some more advice... on how to meet girls at college without knowing anybody.

please, anything you can contribute

theguy351

Don Juan
Reaction score
theguy351 said:
this sucks for me...im an incoming freshman now. I dont know how to meet people., because since the campus is in mid-year mode and not in new student mode, it makes it very hard. Everyone already has their sets of friends and they know what they r doing and yada yada yada.

I need some advice/tips/helpful pointers and some more advice... on how to meet girls at college without knowing anybody.

please, anything you can contribute
bump...please

DonJoseCantosie

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes I will!
1) Just say hi to random people in ur dorms if u seem the walk by. They'll be friendly...thus when u bump to each other...u'll talk more and create friendships.
2) Sit with random girls in the cafeteria. Its hard the first time, but once u do it..it gets easier
3) Go to parties/join a frat. U'll naturally meet more girls this way
4) Approach girls on campus. Can't stress this enough
5) Meet people at the gym as well.

Hector

Don Juan
Reaction score
I have a somewhat solution, its good you'r in mid-year mode and I'll tell you why. See organizations, groups they all want new people intersting people to be a part of the, so since everyone has made a group then that kinda makes you popular on account that everyone will want you in their group meaning you're gonna be just fine. Try this when you are in you're next class after class at the end tell someone or say "**** i dont get it do you? can you help me and explain its just so hard?" or with a woman be sad go to class before it starts look at target say hi introduce you're self ask her if she has been here for a semester or more chances are she is, and from there tell her you're from ----make up a place----- and say you feel really lonely and need a friend of some sort. BINGO you're in. This might sound gay but make guy friends first then meet women, why? set up you're base of operations, then slowly build that base and wholah mother****er you have social life can i get a woohoo?

Nygard

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm a person with limited social skills and little game. And this worked for me:
buy lunch in the cafeteria 2 or 3 times a week. Each time, sit down with somebody you dont know. Just ask "Can I seat here? I like to talk during lunchtime" If the girl-dude says no, he's probably an antisocial, so go somewhere else. This improves your social skills, conversation skills and you get to know people. Trifecta!

Also, you can meet new people in the College organizations, study groups and investigation projects. Sign up for these. you ge tto know people and you also get your money's worth!

DonJoseCantosie

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
^^Nygard and Hector....+1 reps!

MikeEdward1973

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score

DonJoseCantosie

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yep...as long as its one u'll be happy with rather be socially uncomfortable with them.

ilikeburritos

Don Juan
Reaction score
**** man you've got it easy, you're still a freshman and you live in the dorms. I transferred to a large university my junior year (which was last semester), and don't even live on campus.

Anyhow here's what I do...

Ask random girls questions about the school since you're new. Like "do you know where room n245 is?"...many possibilities here.

Find an interesting student organization, join it. Then you'll have a common thing to talk about with people you don't know.

Don't joint a frat - frats are for weak pvssy *****es who can't make REAL friends and instead join a club where you pay for friends. Then you get out into the real world and realize there is no club you can join that gives you instant friends.

Strategically pick your seat in lectures. Lots of people like to have 1 seat in between themselves and the next person. To counter this, pick a seat near the END of a row, and put two seats in between you and the next person. Then late-comers always take seats close to the aisle, and will have to sit either next to you or next to the other guy. You must come early for this to work.

Alternatively, come in to class late and just keep walking towards the front till you see an open seat next to a hot girl near the aisle.

Sit near the front of the class, girls up there like to talk about class and are more friendly. Seriously.

Try to walk around campus as much as possible, it maximizes your chances of running into people from class and then allowing you to say hi to people from class you run into outside of class.

Say hi (just make eye contact as you pass them and say a friendly hi) to girls you regularly pass on your way to and from classes. If you do this consistently, eventually they will start to wonder if they know you from somewhere, and will straight out ask it. "Hey do I know you?"

I dunno that's all I can think of right now

ilikeburritos

Don Juan
Reaction score
But please man, DON'T JOINT A FRAT

Frats are for those who just wanna buy their friends...takes no social skills at all to join one. Just party at the frat houses on the weekends, and fvck the groupie girls. Then you get the benefit if the girls who hang around frats, but you don't have to be a f.a.g.

College is supposed to get you ready for the real world, and frats are the furthest thing from the real world there is. Sorry man but once you're out of college theres no club you can join that gives you instant "friends".

(and sorry if this offends anyone in a frat, but hey - it's true)

DonJoseCantosie

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Nah man, ur not offending anyone. I "used" to be in a frat, until i disassociated do to not having the desire anymore. Yea man, frat life can be awesome at the start...but u might be bored of it after a while. Funny how frat guys really don't want competition, some literally kick guys out of the parties and let the girls stay(Even for guys who bring the girls). Its really sad and wat i hated about some of those frats...its like "Why not let the guys who brang the girls stay? They did u a favor and ur just showing flat out disrespect for doing that" Also, yes...dont' rely on the frat solely for game. Its definitely a good tool, but don't be to the point where u have to rely on it. Hence, it'll only result in fake confidence.

theguy351

Don Juan
Reaction score
im not joining a frat...im on the hockey team.

and keep the advice coming.

AmazingTricks

Don Juan
Reaction score
DonJoseCantosie said:
dont' rely on the frat solely for game. Its definitely a good tool, but don't be to the point where u have to rely on it. Hence, it'll only result in fake confidence.
But with socials and inter-sorority stuff, there is a lot of easy leg. Plus frat groupies. It will give you a boost in confidence, a real one, but just don't think it was all you. I think that's what you were getting it. The frat is an aid.

Also, don't know if anybody said this, but you MUST get a facebook. If for no other reason, it will get you laid. Trust me. Facebook is a social proof. I had facebook for like two months before I graduated college, and it got me more than a few ladies. Without it, I know I wouldn't have gotten those specific ladies. Also, get out there, join a group/cause of some sort that you believe in. You will meet people with your same beliefs (hopefully) and you will be social interacting at the same time. Yes, you're going to have to work to make friends, but if you put in the work there is no doubt you will make friends...and get leg.

DonJoseCantosie

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yea. I agree. I just believe it should be "all them" for the guy to get confidence. But if u think about it, strip the frat away...do u think some of them will still be as confident as they are? I know some but others?

AmazingTricks

Don Juan
Reaction score
DonJoseCantosie said:
Yea. I agree. I just believe it should be "all them" for the guy to get confidence. But if u think about it, strip the frat away...do u think some of them will still be as confident as they are? I know some but others?
Nope, they won't because they don't have that "something" to rely on. It's like taking a crutch away from someone. Sure, they could probably walk if they tried, but they've been relying on the crutch.

AmazingTricks

Don Juan
Reaction score
Don't focus on the frat discussion. There is plenty of other advice here. Another good idea would be to play intramural sports, especially if it's co-ed. You could suck, but at least you're mingling.
"Hey, team orgy at my dorm."
See, that's what'll happen.

AmazingTricks

Don Juan
Reaction score
There is no perfect way to meet people. The more **** you do, the more people you meet. The more people you meet...the more chances you get at girls.