Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

New but noticed something.

hungry_american

Don Juan
Reaction score
I just noticed something about the way this forum is setup. Posts are locked when somone brings up a question thats already been answered. This does not make since in some circumstances. For instance the post about "the best shoes". Well why lock that thread. Things change, if you search that topic and find what the "best shoe" was two years ago what good does that do? So doesnt it make since and isnt it alright if that is asked again. I could see if it was a clone thread that was brought up recently like within the past couple weeks or something. Trends change.

quest

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by hungry_american
I just noticed something about the way this forum is setup. Posts are locked when somone brings up a question thats already been answered. This does not make since in some circumstances. For instance the post about "the best shoes". Well why lock that thread. Things change, if you search that topic and find what the "best shoe" was two years ago what good does that do? So doesnt it make since and isnt it alright if that is asked again. I could see if it was a clone thread that was brought up recently like within the past couple weeks or something. Trends change.
nice pickup.

but really, a thread like "nice shoes" is pretty useless.
and contradictory with a major fashion theme at this site.

-wear what YOU thinks looks good, and you'll look good in it, due to feeling comfortable.

therefor, taking others advice on what shoes looks best, is a bit contradictory.

and to me, not overly interesting. - i just tend to avoid those types of threads.

Don Ronny

Banned
Reaction score
This question has been asked a million times.

Somebody please lock this thread.

hungry_american

Don Juan
Reaction score
Don Ronny , Did you even read the post. It wasn't even a question. Just stating what I noticed and stating some questions shouldn't be closed so quickly. Don't be so closed minded. Yes some threads should be closed just some shouldn't that have been.

Reaction score
Can I wear pink shoes with a yellow suit?:D

SELF-MASTERY

Banned
Reaction score
i hate how they preach all this assertive bs; be a man, be willing to fight for what you believe; then they turn around and close an interesting thread cus it is gettin' too political or out of hand. We should be able to argue it out.

Centaurion

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Problem is that people here do not know how to carry a decent and intelligent discussion. After a few posts it boils down to, OMG YOU'RE A HOMO!!!!!!!!!!!! FAGGOT!!!!!!!1111oneone!!!!!!111!!!

:down:

Climax

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Centaurion
Problem is that people here do not know how to carry a decent and intelligent discussion. After a few posts it boils down to, OMG YOU'RE A HOMO!!!!!!!!!!!! FAGGOT!!!!!!!1111oneone!!!!!!111!!!

:down:
*nod**nod*

:crackup:

P.S.: hungry_american: you're such a homo for maing this thread:rolleyes: *G*

Laterz....

Giovanni Casanova

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by SELF-MASTERY
i hate how they preach all this assertive bs; be a man, be willing to fight for what you believe; then they turn around and close an interesting thread cus it is gettin' too political or out of hand. We should be able to argue it out.
Let me try to illustrate the problem with that. I'll use a recent example.

You start out with a post in Don Juan Discussion that's called something like, "What is a 'metrosexual'?" Now, that's not even something that belongs in Discussion, it belongs in Anything Else. So it gets moved there. Fine. We're cool with that. Discuss away.

Then, someone posts a thread like, "Do women like metrosexual-type men or lumberjack-type men more?" Which is kind of a stupid premise, because a quick glance through the DJ Bible will explain to them that not all women are alike and some of them have different kinds of preferences in guys. But we just say, what the hey... and we leave it alone in DJ Discussion.

Then that thread devolves into something like this:

SixpaqGQ Wannabe: Do women like metrosexuals or lumberjack-type guys better? Discuss.
Frustrated DJ: Different women like different types of guys. Some like blond, some like dark hair. Some like facial hair, some don't. Some like preppy guys, some like 'gangsta' guys. It's different for each girl.
Metrosekshal: I consider myself metrosexual. I like to take care of myself, dress nice, skin care, hair care, tanning, everything like that.
Moron: You are a homo. You have butt sex with other guys.
Metrosekshal: No, I'm just a straight guy who takes care of myself.
Moron: You cannot handle the truth of knowing that you are a homo faggot!!!!!!!o11ne!!!!!
Metrosekshal: A man can't be gay if he only has sex with women and never has sex with men.
Moron's Little Helper: You are a sissy faggot homo. You wear pink shirts and an earring, don't you? Because that's what faggot homos wear.

Then, fifteen minutes later, there are like fifteen new threads in Don Juan Discussion:

• IS METROSEKSHAL A GAY HOMO FAGGOT!!??!?!?!?!! ONE1
  • All Metrosexuals are Homos
  • Are Metrosexuals Faggots?
  • Does Being a Metrosexual Mean That You Put Men's Penises in Your Ass?
  • Does Wearing an Earring Make You a Faggot?
  • Are pink shirts homo?
  • YOU ARE A MEGA-FAGGOT HOMO IF YOU WEAR A PINK SHIRT!!!!!!!!!
  • The Final Debate on Pink Shirts
  • The Official Thread About Metrosexuals Being Faggot Homos
  • A New Official Thread About Metrosexuals Being Homo Faggots
  • PINK SHIRTS: DO THEY MAKE YOU HOMO??????!!!!!!!
  • I have a Shirt With pink In IT Does that make me a Faggot?
  • POLL: Are pink shirts homo?
  • TEH MODERATORS IS HOMOS!!!!!!!! THE TRUTH ABOUT MODERATORS BEING HOMOS!!!!!!ONE111!!!!
  • Having Sex With Women: Does It Turn You Into a Homo?

As moderators, we have to control that and put an end to it. There are still an assload of Metrosexual/Pink Shirt/Homo Threads to choose from if you really think you'll accomplish anything by posting in them.

Gravyboat

Don Juan
Reaction score
Then, fifteen minutes later, there are like fifteen new threads in Don Juan Discussion:

• Are pink shirts homo?
  • TEH MODERATORS IS HOMOS!!!!!!!! THE TRUTH ABOUT MODERATORS BEING HOMOS!!!!!!ONE111!!!!
:crackup: That is great.

quest

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Giovanni Casanova

You start out with a post in Don Juan Discussion that's called something like, "What is a 'metrosexual'?" Now, that's not even something that belongs in Discussion, it belongs in Anything Else. So it gets moved there. Fine. We're cool with that. Discuss away.

Then, someone posts a thread like, "Do women like metrosexual-type men or lumberjack-type men more?" Which is kind of a stupid premise, because a quick glance through the DJ Bible will explain to them that not all women are alike and some of them have different kinds of preferences in guys. But we just say, what the hey... and we leave it alone in DJ Discussion.

SixpaqGQ Wannabe: Do women like metrosexuals or lumberjack-type guys better? Discuss.
Frustrated DJ: Different women like different types of guys. Some like blond, some like dark hair. Some like facial hair, some don't. Some like preppy guys, some like 'gangsta' guys. It's different for each girl.
Metrosekshal: I consider myself metrosexual. I like to take care of myself, dress nice, skin care, hair care, tanning, everything like that.
Moron: You cannot handle the truth of knowing that you are a homo faggot!!!!!!!o11ne!!!!!
Metrosekshal: A man can't be gay if he only has sex with women and never has sex with men.
Moron's Little Helper: You are a sissy faggot homo. You wear pink shirts and an earring, don't you? Because that's what faggot homos wear.

• Are pink shirts homo?

As moderators, we have to control that and put an end to it. There are still an assload of Metrosexual/Pink Shirt/Homo Threads to choose from if you really think you'll accomplish anything by posting in them.
"!!!!!!1111one!!!!" and "teh" are the worst things from the internet.

sorry, but i've seen so much of this type of stuff lately, its not in the slightest bit funny.

Eternal

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Gio, that's fvcking hilarious! :crackup:

Too bad it's all too true.

By the way, does wiping your *ss make you a homo-fagg@t?

MindOverMatter

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Giovanni Casanova

• Are pink shirts homo?

Hahaha.

If I were to put money on this, I'd bet that threads about metrosexuality and pink shirts are gonna get thrown in the same hole where political and religious threads go. It's way too much of a touchy subject for this forum.

belividere

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
gio,
thanks. That was one of the few replies I've read on here were I was honestly laughing outloud to myself from.

diablo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by hungry_american
... Posts are locked when somone brings up a question thats already been answered. This does not make since.
Originally posted by Pook
4) If a subject has been posted in a thread, post in the existing thread, do NOT make a new thread.
Comprende?

quest

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: Re: New but noticed something.

Originally posted by diablo
Comprende?
diablo.
i beleive (but may be wrong) that somewhere in another very recent thread you were talking about this being our forum, and if we want it an organised place its up to us. (i may be wrong, it mightn't have been you, but it is good advice)

personally for me, i think it would be better to have alot of shortish threads then less BIG threads.

the important thing would be naming them correctly.
i think that would make it much easier to find what you're looking for.

-i don't beleive either method could ever be controlled properly on the internet. but heres to hoping.

diablo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: Re: Re: New but noticed something.

i beleive (but may be wrong) that somewhere in another very recent thread you were talking about this being our forum, and if we want it an organised place its up to us. (i may be wrong, it mightn't have been you, but it is good advice) personally for me, i think it would be better to have alot of shortish threads then less BIG threads.
Wasn't me, but it's true nonetheless. It's everybody's forum, and it's up to everyone to keep it organized.

Organize - "To arrange in a coherent form; systematize"
Coherent - "Marked by an orderly, logical, and aesthetically consistent relation of parts"

If you think that having 25 threads all asking and saying virtually the same thing is logical or aesthetically consistent, I'd have to disagree.

quest

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: Re: Re: Re: New but noticed something.

Originally posted by diablo
Wasn't me, but it's true nonetheless. It's everybody's forum, and it's up to everyone to keep it organized.

Organize - "To arrange in a coherent form; systematize"
Coherent - "Marked by an orderly, logical, and aesthetically consistent relation of parts"

If you think that having 25 threads all asking and saying virtually the same thing is logical or aesthetically consistent, I'd have to disagree.
but these threads would appear at different times, and wouldn't last a long time.
so they'd sink to the bottom, and no one would even see them.

but when they search, they'd have a much easier time finding the answer they were looking for.

SELF-MASTERY

Banned
Reaction score
why dont you just ban the morons?