Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Netflix Documentary-What the Health

Thatfeel21

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Has anyone seen this yet? It is becoming a hot topic on Social media. Basically it talks about how bad meat and dairy are for the human body and how it without a doubt, CAUSES cancer. The main takeaway is the meat and dairy corporations SPONSOR the American Heart Assoc, American Diabetes Assoc, Breast Caner Pink Ribbon, etc. Essentially, these associations are being bribed with sponsorships and money to keep promoting meat and dairy as healthy. I did my own research, and everything they said on the documentary was freaking true. Disturbing. Thoughts? It is a MUST WATCH.

Sopys

Reaction score
these associations are being bribed with sponsorships and money to keep promoting meat and dairy as healthy. It sounds terrible

amazingswayze

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes OP I saw the documentary. It was the nail in the coffin for me to become vegan after a few months of research. The evidence simply became overwhelming. While I would like to reduce my carbon footprint and save the animals, nevertheless, that it still not my main motivation for undertaking veganism. It is mainly for health benefits.

So far it has not failed me. I have not eaten meat in over two weeks, however I have had a few slices of pizza on one occasion. I'm finding it hard to adapt socially, but in principle it is not very hard at all to omit meat, eggs, and dairy.

You can still eat the foods you love. Plenty of fruits and vegetables, and plenty of other carb sources. My fats and [protein went down naturally and I am now losing weight and looking ripped eating 300+g of carbs daily. Blessed.

Erik VL

Don Juan
Reaction score
Has anyone seen this yet? It is becoming a hot topic on Social media. Basically it talks about how bad meat and dairy are for the human body and how it without a doubt, CAUSES cancer. The main takeaway is the meat and dairy corporations SPONSOR the American Heart Assoc, American Diabetes Assoc, Breast Caner Pink Ribbon, etc. Essentially, these associations are being bribed with sponsorships and money to keep promoting meat and dairy as healthy. I did my own research, and everything they said on the documentary was freaking true. Disturbing. Thoughts? It is a MUST WATCH.
All of this is bullshi't. Congrats on being fooled by yet another leftist propaganda production meant to make Westerners feel guilty. The producer in this documentary made another one before this where he claimed that cows destroy the planet, he's a joke.

Meat causes cancer? LOL No. We have been eating meat for hundreds of thousands of years, it is very healthy for us. A lie in a documentary doesn't change that. Oh, I have seen the "studies".

Gasp! They sponsor! You mean those who are in the industry and have an interest in studying food, sponsor research about it? What a CONSPIRACY!

The American Heart Association? They have been pushing the lie that meat makes people fat and carbs are good for decades - incidentally the same decades that saw Americans swell to grotesque proportions. And you claim they are biased IN FAVOR of meat, because the meat industry sponsors research conducted by them? This blows your whole "proof" out of the water. Sponsored by the meat industry - among others - and they are the main anti-meat voice in American debate, for decades. Game over.

"But social media!" Ascribing weight to a propaganda piece because it's "a hot topic on Social Media" - that alone disqualifies you. Next time, try to read some actual research.

Erik VL

Don Juan
Reaction score
Here you go, learn a little. Or just stop eating meat, fill your blood with sugar from carbs and let your brain shrivel along with your muscles and skin, either way is fine.

http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/884937

BARCELONA, SPAIN — A new study of dietary habits in 135,000 people around the world is set to shake up the nutrition field, with results showing high fat intake—including saturated fat—was associated with a reduced risk of mortality.

The PURE study, which followed participants from 18 countries for 7 years, also found that high carbohydrate intake was associated with an increased risk of mortality, although the data do not discriminate between processed and unprocessed carbohydrates.

While the study found a beneficial effect of increasing consumption of fruit, vegetables, and legumes on mortality, the maximum benefit was seen at three to four servings a day (equivalent to 375–500 g/day), with no additional benefit with higher intakes. The benefit from fruit, vegetables, and legumes was greater if they were eaten raw rather than cooked.

There was no association of either fat (total or saturated) or carbohydrate intake or fruit/vegetable/legume intake with major cardiovascular-disease events.

Senior author of the PURE study, Dr Salim Yusuf (McMaster University, Hamilton, ON), commented to theheart.org / Medscape Cardiology: "My hope is that our results will stop the whole population from feeling guilty if they eat fat in moderation. While very high fat intake—when it accounts for 40% or more of your dietary intake—may be bad, the average fat intake is about 30% and that's okay. We're all afraid of saturated fat, but actually we shouldn't be. Saturated fat in moderation actually appears good for you.