Neil Strauss was right. Be careful.

Nexus Polaris

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
"With great power comes great responsibility."

That's the most accurate quote I've ever read in my life right now.

I've read things for years on what to do if your game fails you, but I've never read one thing on what to do if your game works too well.

I got a very sweet girl to cheat on her boyfriend of 3 years because I had too much to drink and didn't have the sense not to let it go that far. I was on autopilot. And I was good. Everything I was saying and doing was landing. I didn't just get this girl to cheat, I got her to do things she never in a million years would have imagined she'd be doing. I unlocked her inner freak. And the whole time she had this mouth gaped open look on her face as if to say, "I can't believe I'm doing this, and I can't believe I'm enjoying it."

This in and of itself is not bad. What is bad is that she's the sister of a close friend of mine, and I might have just destroyed my friendship with an entire circle of people who are very close to me. Not only that, but I know her boyfriend, and he's a good guy. I feel like an asshòle.

The only thing I don't feel completely shìtty about is that this girl wasn't just a random piece of hot ass to me. I had had a genuine interest in this girl for about a year after I had a really nice long conversation with her a year prior, and we really seemed to click. There was a lot of chemistry.

But now I feel tremendously guilty.

Be careful what you ask for. I wanted to be that guy who was so good that nobody felt comfortable leaving their girlfriend alone with him. Now that I have that, I feel a lot less cool about it.

COMPTON

Don Juan
Reaction score
As mystery says "Attraction is not an option".. I understand where you coming from. Autopilot can be a great thing, but sometimes you have to set your own rules up for the game. I have to tell you though you may have to come clean with your friend in order to save a relationship like that. And you never know what the boyfriend is thinkin anyway. They could have been on a break or whatever anyway!

Nexus Polaris

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
My friend already knows something happened. She just doesn't know exactly what. But she walked out on us making out on the balcony earlier in the night, and then stormed out of her room to gripe at us, "No sex on the couch!" when we first started fooling around.

I always hear them talking about how bad for her her boyfriend is, but he's always been cool to me. But I will say this; the only time his name came up was when I asked where he was and when I mentioned him a few times throughout the night plugging his good qualities. She wasn't interested in talking about him.

Ricky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Do yourself a favor and make this a one time thing. Don't do her again, or at least wait until her relationship is over. That way you will spare yourself the drama.

Also pull a page out of the old womans playbook. Claim "I was drunk and I regret it" if anyone confronts you. Or use the Clintonian method and deny it. Personally I'd try to deny it first.

I think stuff on the downlow should be a one or two time hit it thing. That way the girl wont get clingy or blab to everyone.

everywomanshero

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Uhhhhhhhhhhhh, yah man, most guys would stab their best friend in the back for a peice of hot ass lol

I don't think yu should feel bad. If she went for you, then obviously whatever they had wasn't that special anyway. Both men & women "cheat" (whatever that means). I don't think it's a big deal. Our society is obsessed with controlling sexual access. The bad thing is this time it had negative effects on your social life, but usually it won't. To live without risk means you never leave your house and shower with a football helmet on. Not good.

i am me

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i would apologize straight up to everyone you feel the need to, but after that its up to them if they want to accept or reject you. you made a mistake...it happens. YOU feel bad because YOU know youre not a bad person but no one really knows what they think about you

oakraiderz2

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
everywomanshero said:
Uhhhhhhhhhhhh, yah man, most guys would stab their best friend in the back for a peice of hot ass lol

I don't think yu should feel bad. If she went for you, then obviously whatever they had wasn't that special anyway. Both men & women "cheat" (whatever that means). I don't think it's a big deal. Our society is obsessed with controlling sexual access. The bad thing is this time it had negative effects on your social life, but usually it won't. To live without risk means you never leave your house and shower with a football helmet on. Not good.
Theres a thing called ethics, bud. Not living with risk and doing stupid sh*t are different issues.