"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

Neglect, 2 can play that game.

Josh_rugged

Don Juan
Joined
Oct 28, 2004
Messages
15
Reaction score
0
Been dating this girl for 11 months now, everything was great with her, had great expectations with her. Shes funny, smart and good looking. However, for the past 2 or so months, shes made herself Extreemly busy with friends/family/church, and what not. I've tried my best to hint and even openly talk about her not spending anytime with each other. But still.....She claims she loves me and everything is ok. But now she doesn't call me back when she says shes going too, makes so much plans, that I cant get a breath in anymore. And blaims me for being too serious. lol.

So now i've taken a new approach, im going to stop calling her, stop seeing her for 10 minutes at a time ( like she does at 9:00 pm ) when her night is over and cant spend but 10 minutes with me. Maybe this will awaken her???

Guys, help me out, and let me know if this is a good way of telling her im sick of being put on the back burner....
 

"She Made Her Decision Before You Finished Your Sentence"

Three seconds. That's how long it took. Your shoes. Your posture. The way you held your drink. Whether you looked at the floor or looked at her.

She already filed you away. Interesting. Boring. Safe. Bold. Before you even opened your mouth.

Everything you say after that is just her confirming what she already decided.

So stop rehearsing lines. Fix the first three seconds. Stand tall. Look up. Smile like you mean it. Walk like you belong wherever you're standing.

The words come later. The impression comes first.

Read more...

christz

Master Don Juan
Joined
Oct 26, 2004
Messages
740
Reaction score
0
10 minutes at a time? lol wtf..

try a day at a time, say you'll give her a call back then don't, make some plans with her then make something up on why you can't go.

if these tricks don't work you were already out the door as so many will say
 

Josh_rugged

Don Juan
Joined
Oct 28, 2004
Messages
15
Reaction score
0
See, thats what i've been screaming. Im so sick and tired of girls getting into a relationship and then they think " well, ive already got him, doesn't matter now " . im going to start making up excuses why i cant see her, and tell her i'll call her back and not. See if she likes the same treatment. She'll understand or break it off, and if so, thats her loss.
 

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jul 10, 2003
Messages
15,481
Reaction score
65
Location
Galt's Gulch
Sit her @ss down and say "we need to talk, this is how I feel..." Stop wasting time BSing and playing the 'tit for tat' game. Be an adult, what do you expect to fix by acting like her? :rolleyes:

If you want things to change, tell her! If you don't like how she's treating you, tell her! You've invested too much time in the relationship to waste your time playing these games.

Confront her like a man and she should realize the seriousness of the situation. Keep acting like an AFC and she's going to keep on treating you like one.
 

Josh_rugged

Don Juan
Joined
Oct 28, 2004
Messages
15
Reaction score
0
No you dont get it, i've tried to reason with her, and yes, i've sat her down and talked about these things. But evidently she doesn't see it as too much of a problem.

I act like an adult with her and around everyone else thank you. I've tried everything else to make it work, so im going to experiement a little. im not all that frustrated, just want things to change. Cuz its obviously not working.
 

“The 22 Rules That Flip the Script With Women… And How You Can Use Them Tonight”

Most guys accidentally kill attraction before they even speak. They assume they need a bigger bank account, a better physique, or smoother lines. They miss the point.

Female desire operates on a specific set of psychological triggers.  Break them, and you're invisible. Follow them, and you become magnetic.

I learned this the hard way. Years of freezing up. Getting friend-zoned. Watching other guys walk away with the girl I wanted. Then I discovered a set of 22 simple rules that rewired my entire approach.

Read more...

Cremasta

Master Don Juan
Joined
May 5, 2003
Messages
963
Reaction score
39
Location
Australia
Originally posted by Josh_rugged
im going to start making up excuses why i cant see her, and tell her i'll call her back and not.
Don't start 'making up' excuses why you can't see her, be too busy actually doing other things to worry about making up stuff! Also if you are going to play the "I'll call you back" game, don't say that, say something less committal like "I'll talk to you later". Then get the hell out of the house and hang out with friends.

You could even start grooming another girl to take her position if it doesn't work out. Hey, if she catches you doing that, then tell her that she hasn't been around for you so you were starting to look elsewhere.

Stuff that "extremely busy" toss! If she was into you, then she would make time for you, scratch that... she would make ENOUGH time for you.
 

biker_gixxer

Master Don Juan
Joined
May 3, 2004
Messages
688
Reaction score
0
Stuff that "extremely busy" toss! If she was into you, then she would make time for you, scratch that... she would make ENOUGH time for you.

I have to agree with this. Any girl that is interested will find a way to spend time with you. It sounds like she's lost interest in ya bro, hate to say it.

You could even start grooming another girl to take her position if it doesn't work out

It sounds like it's already not working out. Read my post, turn off the computer and go find some new tail.

Im so sick and tired of girls getting into a relationship and then they think " well, ive already got him, doesn't matter now "

Girls will only act like this if you're not keeping it interesting. You need to be mysterious, fun, exciting, a challenge, etc.

No you dont get it, i've tried to reason with her, and yes, i've sat her down and talked about these things. But evidently she doesn't see it as too much of a problem

Careful when you do this. You don't want to come off sappy and needy. But that aside, I think It's to far gone bro, don't even bother with it anymore.
 

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jul 10, 2003
Messages
15,481
Reaction score
65
Location
Galt's Gulch
Originally posted by biker_gixxer
Stuff that "extremely busy" toss! If she was into you, then she would make time for you, scratch that... she would make ENOUGH time for you.

I have to agree with this. Any girl that is interested will find a way to spend time with you. It sounds like she's lost interest in ya bro, hate to say it.

You could even start grooming another girl to take her position if it doesn't work out

It sounds like it's already not working out. Read my post, turn off the computer and go find some new tail.

Im so sick and tired of girls getting into a relationship and then they think " well, ive already got him, doesn't matter now "

Girls will only act like this if you're not keeping it interesting. You need to be mysterious, fun, exciting, a challenge, etc.

No you dont get it, i've tried to reason with her, and yes, i've sat her down and talked about these things. But evidently she doesn't see it as too much of a problem

Careful when you do this. You don't want to come off sappy and needy. But that aside, I think It's to far gone bro, don't even bother with it anymore.
I agree with all of this, especially since she doesn't feel that the situation merits change. NEXT!!!
 

Panda 2000

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Oct 18, 2004
Messages
416
Reaction score
1
You say you sat down, talked to her and explained the situation to her but she still failed or did not want to comprehend it. In that case I would break it off. I myself have been in a similar situation and still to this day I regret that I had not broken broken it off earlier.
 

Josh_rugged

Don Juan
Joined
Oct 28, 2004
Messages
15
Reaction score
0
Ok, actually funny enough, i've been busy for the last 3 days and haven't had time to talk with her. I dont know if she realizes that somethings up, or if she's just too busy herself, but i've finally got mad enough to put my foot down and do something about this. There are plenty of woman out there, and im sure I can offer someone the love they need. But I care about her a ton, and I want things to work out, so im going to stick to my guns.....
 

"You'll Never Feel READY to Walk Over"

Next Monday you'll feel more confident. After the gym you'll feel more confident. After one more drink you'll feel more confident. After you get a better haircut, a better jacket, a better job.

You've been "getting ready" for two years.

She's standing ten feet away right now. She'll be gone in four minutes. No amount of preparation will manufacture the courage that only comes from moving your feet.

Walk over. Stumble through the first sentence. Let it be clumsy. Let it be imperfect. You will feel more alive in those ten seconds than you have all month.

Read more...

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jul 10, 2003
Messages
15,481
Reaction score
65
Location
Galt's Gulch
Originally posted by Josh_rugged
Ok, actually funny enough, i've been busy for the last 3 days and haven't had time to talk with her. I dont know if she realizes that somethings up, or if she's just too busy herself, but i've finally got mad enough to put my foot down and do something about this. There are plenty of woman out there, and im sure I can offer someone the love they need. But I care about her a ton, and I want things to work out, so im going to stick to my guns.....
BRAVO!!!! It is much easier when you live a balanced life and have other "interests." I went through the same thing with my ex and it was interesting watching her watch me go on with my life. I've seen her a couple of times after we broke up and she actually kissed me and said that I looked good! All I could say was "Hey, I have to be me..." ;) Now is that ****y or what??? :p
 

Josh_rugged

Don Juan
Joined
Oct 28, 2004
Messages
15
Reaction score
0
I thing is, when I was single and doing my own thing, I was a happy man, even though I wasn't with a girl or anything, I could still enjoy things like " not worrying about what shes doing " if she cheating or who shes with. But now, since i've started to be more independant with my priorites and situations, I've learned that girls will cave if they have interest in you. I haven't got any responce back yet, but in time, im sure something will happen.

I use too always break my schedual to make time for her, do things with her. And when I saw her not doing the same thing, I realized that its not right, and I need to step up to the plate and let her go and make her decision about me.
 
Top