Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

negativity on site

MacAvoy

Banned
Reaction score
Question for you mods. Why not try taking a proactive approach and deleting some of the 100% pure negative posts.

Is it because we don't want to become a controlled state?

Personally I'm just tired of them and am trying to make a difference, encouraging people to take a more positive approach. However some people are just here to be keyboard jockeys and argue for entertainment's sake.

I've started reporting bad posts on some threads where the post is completely useless and contributes nothing.

What are everyone's thoughts? Am I alone? Should I stop wasting my energy?

azanon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hmm, well, one of the things I like about forums in general is that it provides a safe opportunity to be more outspoken about some things that might be bothering us without the sometimes serious repercussions that would come along with doing so in real life.

I can understand, and even sympathize with someone being tired of them though. I could see someone who's had a lot of negative in their RL lately wanting to not also deal with it online too (not saying this is you Mac). There's always just not clicking on negatively titled threads?

DavenJuan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
mac..

i think that deleting the NEGATIVE posts will also delete the POSITIVE replies that will definetily follow soon after.

it gives posters the opportunity to tell their story. or in most cases ignore the thread.

guru1000

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Unfortunately for some NEGATIVITY is part of the learning curve.

Alot of MEN have come here from DAMAGING relationships. Their negative experiences have SKEWED many of their once HOPEFUL perceptions.

This leads to the DOG EATS DOG mentality.

Very few RISE above the trenches and keep moving forward. We are the MEN that took our shots and refuse to surrender to PESSIMISM. This is what seperates the finger-pointers from the SOLDIERS.

Very few have the FORTITUDE to overcome. But I think it is good to have both perspectives.

For the SOLDIER, to show there is VICTORY at the end.

For the finger pointer to REALIZE, VICTORY will come only to those who accept responsibility for their actions and continue to ROLL WITH THE PUNCHES.

As your favorite saying goes "It is not hard you hit. It's how hard you get hit and keep moving forward". This saying does not blame the lack of training, trainer, fans or other fighter. It simply says take the hits and keep moving forward.

KontrollerX

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Nope.

I think we need to stay with the relaxed moderation.

One man's negativity is another man's positive and freeing reality.

There is an ignore button for a reason and we all just need to use it a whole lot more.

I've seen forums that were barely moderated and forums that were moderated like Nazi Germany.

I prefer a comfortable balance in the middle.

Sosuave leans more towards the barely moderated side but the extreme alternative is even less preferable.

MacAvoy

Banned
Reaction score
guru, I like how you keep throwing my own advice back at me. When PM'ing another poster asking for some advice about how to handle a situation with another well respected poster, he said to give his own advice back to him. Sage if you ask me.

I appreciate all the comments so far, having a different perspective is important. I think I just wanted to rant.

azanon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
KontrollerX said:
There is an ignore button for a reason and we all just need to use it a whole lot more.
Of course this is only moderately effective. Iqqi is quoted all the time :mad:

MacAvoy

Banned
Reaction score
azanon said:
Iqqi is quoted all the time :mad:
Thats only because of people who like to argue with her DON'T have her on ignore. If they all ignored her, we wouldn't see her being quoted.

edit: awaits iqqi to defend herself and thereby start another flame war

edit2: I'm being really facetious today