Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Neg Hits... Do they work?

Do 'Neg Hits' work for you and how old are you.

• YES - Under 18 (17 Years old and younger)

Votes: 9 11.0%
  • YES - (18 - 25)

Votes: 41 50.0%
  • YES - (26 - 32)

Votes: 10 12.2%
  • YES - (33 - 39)

Votes: 2 2.4%
  • YES - 40 and above

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • NO - Under 18 (17 Years old and younger)

Votes: 4 4.9%
  • NO - (18 - 25)

Votes: 10 12.2%
  • NO - (26 - 32)

Votes: 3 3.7%
  • NO - (33 - 39)

• NO - 40 and above

• Total voters

Slevin

Don Juan
Reaction score
By "negging" you are demonstrating lower value, as well as trying to qualify yourself to her.

The point of negging is to bring her down a notch or two. That automatically sub-communicates that she is above you, and that you have to try to bring her down to "your level"

The other point of negging is to show that you are not intimidated by her beauty, and that you feel comfortable enough around HB9's and 10's to the point where you can behave that way around them, but it just sub-communicates that you are also trying to qualify yourself to her at the same time.

"I negged you, because I'm not intimidated by you" so to speak.

It's like when you're about to get into a fight, and your opponent says "I'm not afraid of you" or "You don't want to fight me"

By saying that, it shows that he is indeed afraid of you, but he's trying to convince you he's not.

Same principle applies to "negging"

There are much better ways to DHV (Demostrate Higher Value)
so...you don't know how to use them?

Randomer

Don Juan
Reaction score
This is really a sad thread... "negs" are a natural part of playful confident conversation... they aren't some special miracle lines that are to be "used" on females... that being said, unless you're acting/saying something really weird/awkward/against the flow of the conversation, (or you just run into a really b1tchy or low confidence girl) it's natural and will most of the time, "work"

People here scare me sometimes though... my advice would be to just remember that the girl you're talking to is not sent from heaven and can't "do no wrong" there will be negs to give... i wouldn't come from the angle of... ok, i'll have to come up with 2 more negs to raise my value! That doesn't sound weird to anyone else? Just come with it naturally... i swear some people here make picking up girls sound like solving a math problem, 1 compliment + 2 negs + DHV = attraction or some **** like that, lol! I've spent too much time on this thread already, hope at least 1 person can understand where i'm coming from :p

Derek Flint

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Marin County, CA - just North of San Francisco
Francisco d'Anconia said:
I still don't understand of bringing a woman that already has low self esteem down a level; even more so bringing her down to your level (which brings up the question on just how low a level you're at - just curious).

It still brings up the question on why a guy would choose to sarge a woman with low self esteem in the first place; and then to bring her down even further. Everyone knows that babysitting a woman with low self esteem takes a ton of effort.
Because the guys negging women have LSE - they have to engage in bringing her down so they are equal or above her.

Otherwise, they wouldn't use negs. Even Mystery says the point of negs is to bring her down a notch or two.

That automatically sub-communicates that you are below her.

I'm not at a low level, I don't use negs, canned routines, tricks, palm-reading, the cube or any of that other fake ****.

Get your **** together, be a man, live life in a way that people, including HB's will naturally gravitate towards you.

Or, use tricks and lame tactics to try to trick women into being with you.

Derek Flint

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Slevin said:
so...you don't know how to use them?
Don't need to.

As I said, there are better ways to DHV, like becoming the type of man that people, including HB's, will naturally gravitate towards.

Or, you could play School Boy games like dropping negs.

Negs are like training wheels.

Slevin

Don Juan
Reaction score
Derek Flint said:
Don't need to.
Yes you do. You clearly don't know what/how negs work, but continue to try and push your own definition.
As I said, there are better ways to DHV, like becoming the type of man that people, including HB's, will naturally gravitate towards.
BE A COOLER MOST AWESOMEIST DOOODLOLOL!1!1!1!
Thanks for the tip Captain Obvious!
Or, you could play School Boy games like dropping negs
HYPOCRITE ALERT!!!!! By your own definition you are blatantly DLVing, try not to contradict yourself.

S1NN3R

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Derek Flint said:
The point of negging is to bring her down a notch or two. That automatically sub-communicates that she is above you, and that you have to try to bring her down to "your level"
This is a perfect example of someone who doesn't know how to use them properly.

If you make it obvious that you're trying to bring her down a level or two, then yes, it will completely backfire. If you do it properly and just make it an off-hand observation, it can work wonders.

And it doesn't have anything to with the guy using them having low self-esteem. There are girls that think that guys should fawn over them because they have a $1000 purse or name-brand sh!t. They think they' too special for anybody. Those are the girls you use it on.

Imagine trying to "neg" Michael Jordan on his BB playing skills.
This makes it obvious that you don't really understand how to use them. You wouldn't try to "neg" Jordan's basketball skill because they are real and significant. Just like you wouldn't try to neg a girl with huge tits by saying that her tits aren't huge. She knows better. But if she's wearing some huge ass diamond earrings thinking that they're going to impress people, you neg those, subtley, as a way of indicating to her that they're not that impressive and that you're not going to worship the ground she walks on for some materialistic BS.

You can call it "weasel tactics" but it also can make the girl feel special in a different way. If she goes out all dolled up in expensive sh!t thinking it will get people's attention, and you're giving her attention while showing that the expensive sh!t she has on is not impressive to you and you could'nt care less about how much she spent on her outfit. Now if she knows you're not talking to her because of all the crap she has on, then she's going to think/know that you're interested in her, not her accoutrements.

Slevin

Don Juan
Reaction score
S1NN3R said:
This is a perfect example of someone who doesn't know how to use them properly.

If you make it obvious that you're trying to bring her down a level or two, then yes, it will completely backfire. If you do it properly and just make it an off-hand observation, it can work wonders.

And it doesn't have anything to with the guy using them having low self-esteem. There are girls that think that guys should fawn over them because they have a $1000 purse or name-brand sh!t. They think they' too special for anybody. Those are the girls you use it on.

This makes it obvious that you don't really understand how to use them. You wouldn't try to "neg" Jordan's basketball skill because they are real and significant. Just like you wouldn't try to neg a girl with huge tits by saying that her tits aren't huge. She knows better. But if she's wearing some huge ass diamond earrings thinking that they're going to impress people, you neg those, subtley, as a way of indicating to her that they're not that impressive and that you're not going to worship the ground she walks on for some materialistic BS.

You can call it "weasel tactics" but it also can make the girl feel special in a different way. If she goes out all dolled up in expensive sh!t thinking it will get people's attention, and you're giving her attention while showing that the expensive sh!t she has on is not impressive to you and you could'nt care less about how much she spent on her outfit. Now if she knows you're not talking to her because of all the crap she has on, then she's going to think/know that you're interested in her, not her accoutrements.
THANK YOU!!

Derek Flint

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
OK guys, keep playing your juvenile tricks on drunken, LSE club girls.

But some of us strive for better than that.

Maybe someday, you will too, when you're ready to take off the training wheels and develop some real game, instead of using someone else's tricks and tactics and routines.

Slevin

Don Juan
Reaction score
Derek Flint said:
OK guys, I'm sorry I was speaking out of my a$$
You're forgiven.

S1NN3R

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Derek Flint said:
OK guys, keep playing your juvenile tricks on drunken, LSE club girls.
Thanks for your permission.

Delta

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i'm of the opinion that it can work but only on women who KNOW they are hot and have a high self esteem to boot.

but it is EXTREMELY TRICKY because MOST WOMEN, even good looking ones, have REALLY FRAGILE EGOS and are INSECURE at their core.

even the "harmless" examples that i've read from mystery and style would deeply offend many women and i've seen it happen.

hell, i know lots of girls to whom not even negging but TEASING shakes their self esteem.

this is one aspect that is NOT talked about enough.

delta

Boschy

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
They work for me, but I only use them on HB7+ or seemingly confident girls. The delivery is everything too. I've had my share of slightly wounded responses. However, the damage is usually minor and I can reopen her later. So at worst, her emotions have been stoked and I've acted differently to other would-be suitors, so I don't worry too much about fall-out....just focus on making the delivery funny and clearly audible if the venue is noisy.

I suppose I like negs and C&F/teasing too because generally I've always liked being funny. I made a comedian at a club last night laugh as he carried three glasses of Stella away from the bar, arms held high above the crowd. It was packed in there.

Me: Hi there. You're a comedian, right?
Him: Um, yeah, right!
Me: (thinking of anything to make him laugh, I see the upraised arms) Hey, are you ticklish?
Him: laughter

:D

sorin

Don Juan
Reaction score
Negging is basically an insult... how can you use that to attract people...

I used to use negs and amog every guy in the set... until I realised I felt alpha just because I put people down, I didn't really see myself as valuable.

I'd rather be honest with my intentions, lead gently and make her friends realise I am interested in my target, and that I feel she's special... when they see her having a good time and being so interested in me they won't try to block me.

No need to be unpolite by negging or other forms of discouragement. Develop a powerful personality instead by believing in yourself and approaching boldly.

Everything else are just excuses.

Why not instead be playfull with her...
and tease her assuming she likes you and find reason to interpret everything as a IOI... that's being playful and attractive...

with negs you break rapport and i remember that once i started negging i could hardly stop it.. cause it was so fun and i didn't care about her as long as i won the neg war

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Derek Flint said:
Because the guys negging women have LSE - they have to engage in bringing her down so they are equal or above her.

Otherwise, they wouldn't use negs. Even Mystery says the point of negs is to bring her down a notch or two.

That automatically sub-communicates that you are below her.

I'm not at a low level, I don't use negs, canned routines, tricks, palm-reading, the cube or any of that other fake ****.

Get your **** together, be a man, live life in a way that people, including HB's will naturally gravitate towards you.

Or, use tricks and lame tactics to try to trick women into being with you.
So where does it say that a guy must have low self esteem to use a neg? A neg serves a purpose of deflating a woman's ego but who ever said it was to make her level closer to yours?

What if your ego is bigger? (I'm speaking from experience :D). Are you regulated not to use a neg because she already "below your level?"

And who's to say that the two of you need to be at the same level? Why should it matter? Why do you think that it's even necessary to compare yourself to a woman, any woman?

Yeah guys, I'm playing devils advocate if you haven't figured it out... ;)

Derek Flint

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So, who else spent the night with a young HB9?

How well did those "negs" serve you?

Yeah, I guess you guys really showed her who's the boss.

:crackup: :crackup: :crackup:

everywomanshero

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Neg in relationship

This isn't a typical use of 'neg', but it has served me well.

Let's say a girl is really sending your state into the toliot.
Maybe it's intentional 'testing' or maybe she just doesn't
realize that she's doing it. Doesn't matter, one thing I have
done is made a simple comment like " you look tired".

The actual reason I do this is redirection of the focus. It shifts
from the possibility of somehting being wrong with me to her.
Usually she will switch threads at that point with no harm
done. I have never had a bad reaction to this. It's causal. I guess
if I did get a bad reaction that would really be a sign to me.. ha ha. This usually never comes up, though. If it comes up a lot, then there is some other problem.

This isn't some technique guys need to do nor is it even the best way to handle the situation, but it has always worked for me.

As far as the rest of when, why, how to use negs, I think the solution is to go out and run negs on 100 sets remembering that the goal of the neg isn't to be negative.

Negative indicates low self esteem and the need to have a castle of walls around oneself. If you're acting like a wallflower all night and then try to spring into sets with the social proof of a freshly killed skunk, then nothing you ever do is going to work consistently no matter what you do. If you go into every set thinking you'll need to neg, chances are you're right. The negative state is so freaking obvious every woman on earth will try to get rid of you.

If you are really socially anxious the solution is therapy and medicine, not trying to be extremely negative to compensate or 'get even' 'show em whose boss' or any of that crap. This is the main reason I believe many guys never get any better. The underlying issues are so bad that nothing can be done. Badboy seems to also hold this few after he started doing workshops.

Leonardus

Don Juan
Reaction score
i only use negs when she says something stupid, doh

but its nothing negative, its just teasing,

she says something stupid, i confirm it
you dont need to neg, if youre happy with who you are
and you dont see her as a god, youll do it automatically

quote as a wise man once said;
the goal of the neg isn't to be negative.

:p

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Leonardus said:
i only use negs when she says something stupid, doh

but its nothing negative, its just teasing,

she says something stupid, i confirm it
you dont need to neg, if youre happy with who you are
and you dont see her as a god, youll do it automatically

quote as a wise man once said;
the goal of the neg isn't to be negative.

:p
I can go along with all of this. :up:

S1NN3R

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My favorite thing to say during a cold approach....

"I don't care what the rest of them say, you're alright!" (with a big smile of course)

SeldomSeen

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I see what Derek is saying by the "I have to knock you down a bit to get on your level" statement he makes and I personally wouldnt use negs for that manner BUT I do like to use playful banter in conversation and to me that just shows that you arent too serious and keeping things light. Its not a neg to bring her down but a poke fun at her moment to keep let her know you arent a stiff shirt or weasel.