Needing help immediately

nan3109

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This problem is killing my game everyone. I keep my head up and ignore the problem while following the DJ Bible but lately I've really broken out.

My philosophy has been to look through my eyes as if my body didnt exsist. Simply stated, to perceive only the world around me and the person inside while ignoring my zits.

Can you guys give me some tips on other things I can do?

I do the following right now:

- Avoid touching face
- Wash hair before I go to bed
- Use cetaphil cleanser and moisturizer
- I use 2.5% salicylic acid cleanser foam in the shower after cetaphil
- I started taking vitamin E several times a day
- I use a multivitamin
- I put on 10% benzyol peroxide before I go to bed everyday and in the morning too
- I workout daily and shower after
- I'm in great physical shape because of this except because of my acne I look like a guy who uses roids

nw1512

Don Juan
Reaction score
go to your local doctor and get some tablets.

That will clear your skin a lot faster than what your your doing now.

spukee

Don Juan
Reaction score
Better yet, go to a dermatologist. Sometimes acne's just persistent like that - I had awful acne my Junior and Senior years of highschool, and 5 years later it's just now really clearing up.

I've got a few suggestions for changing your routine:

1) give up the 2.5% salicylic acid and the 10% benzoyl peroxide

2) use a mild, glycerin based facial bar for after workouts (nutrogena makes a great one of these)

3) dead skin cells can build up, and are often the culprit for clogging pores. Use a facial scrub atleast 3 times a week. I've been using Clean & Clear Morning Burst every morning with good results - it's glycerin based, so it's good for daily use.

4) if after a month or so you're still not seeing results, add a benzoyl peroxide treatment a few times a week, but dont overdo it. All the chemicals you're using now aren't giving your skin time to heal itself.

Good luck!

Brak86

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
ive gone to a dermatologist and gotten the ClearLight treatment etc. Ive done almsot everything except Accutane (i dont think its worth it).

There are a few prescription creams you can use. Any of the Benzac 10 creams or cleansers work REALLY well. They really dry out your face tho.

Also, i just ordered ProActive because my moms friend seriously recommended it. Although ive only had it for a couple days, it seems to be working well. Ill give you updates about it.

DJHoolahoop

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I was wondering about Proactive too... but THANKFULLY my acne isn't that bad... typically it comes out when i'm stressed, nervous or eating shyt food. To my understanding, that's all normal anyways.

Another thing that has helped me is getting out in the sun, people will say you risk getting skin cancer, but it's helped clear up a lot of acne on my back and face.

diablo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by nan3109
Can you guys give me some tips on other things I can do?
Sure. Next time, read the descriptions under the forum titles and post in the correct spot, then do a search to see if anyone's discussed what you're asking about before. In this case, it's been talked about over and over. :p

Moved to H&F.

madgame

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I was wondering about Proactive too... but THANKFULLY my acne isn't that bad... typically it comes out when i'm stressed, nervous or eating shyt food. To my understanding, that's all normal anyways.
Ive heard this over and over again, but recently I read that theres actually no proof or anything that suggests that nutrition plays any role at all in getting or not getting acne. Seems to be just one of those myths that ppl keep saying and ure thus led to believe...

Bling

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I hear drinking 8 cups of water a day helps a lot. I also recommend not to use Oxy. While you might think it helps, it actually kills the stuff that kills the acne causing bacteria with it. Which makes your face very vunerable to anything.