Need to get over my social awkwardness

Waking Up

Don Juan
Reaction score
I have a hard time being myself in groups. It's like, as soon as a third person hits the fray, my state just diminishes and my ego comes in and ruins it all. I end up becoming silent and restricted from expressing myself for the rest of my night and trapped in my mind. This has been going on forever. It's destroying my spirit.

I want to just let go and be myself in front of people. Even groups of kids that I don't know that well. I mean how else do you make friends? I don't masturbate anymore, been 2 and half weeks in. I've been working out at the gym for a month. Overall I feel really good when I'm by myself or around one other person. But I feel disconnected from everyone. Still. With this excess of energy flowing in my stomach.

It seems like everyone else can just go off on their own random tangents comfortably. I sometimes can but it's very rare. I think the internet has ruined my social skills. Reading seduction knowledge constantly all the time has just made me more over-analytical and I haven't been taking more steps in the right direction. I think the right move is to quit Facebook, quit sosuave, and go out and get a real life so I do have things worthy of talking about. Because as of now, I really don't except extreme nerd concepts lol.

I can't explain it. It's like I find most conversation be completely pointless and uninteresting and dull. I'm like a dead inside, I don't find anyone else interesting, I don't find myself interesting, or anything interesting. I guess maybe I just need to get off the internet for good, go out, get a job and get moving in the outside world. I've heard things like the computer ruining socialization skills if abused. Is there any merit to this?

Commandante

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Waking Up said:
I just need to get off the internet for good, go out, get a job and get moving in the outside world.
You know exactly what you have to do! What are yo waiting for?

Waking Up

Don Juan
Reaction score
I just don't find life interesting at all, so I rarely have things to do discuss with people. It's like I've lost all interest in life. I have nothing positive to share hardly anymore. So I can't really talk to girls or group socialization or anything.

Nygard

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
So, that means you feel trapped, nowhere to go. Like there's nothing left to look forward to. There's nothing outside your house that motivates you but you know that is where you're supposed to be. You feel hopeless, like handicapped, am I right or did I miss the point?

Waking Up

Don Juan
Reaction score
I am motivated to leave my house. I do so quite often. I just feel trapped in my head when socializing. Like what's the point of talking anyway? I just don't see the point in a lot of the trivial **** people get off to.

Nygard

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
It's a learned behaviour. It's not something you take off in a few weeks. It might take you half a year, maybe one, but you (we, actually) have to do something, consistently, to get rid of that. Try getting yourself into those kind of situations and try to get out of it. Watch some standup comedy, look how guys like the Carlin used to take over, how comedians like Marc Maron can mesmerize a whole group with his conversation skills when he's not doing comedy.

speakeasy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Waking Up said:
It seems like everyone else can just go off on their own random tangents comfortably. I sometimes can but it's very rare. I think the internet has ruined my social skills. Reading seduction knowledge constantly all the time has just made me more over-analytical and I haven't been taking more steps in the right direction. I think the right move is to quit Facebook, quit sosuave, and go out and get a real life so I do have things worthy of talking about. Because as of now, I really don't except extreme nerd concepts lol.

I can't explain it. It's like I find most conversation be completely pointless and uninteresting and dull. I'm like a dead inside, I don't find anyone else interesting, I don't find myself interesting, or anything interesting. I guess maybe I just need to get off the internet for good, go out, get a job and get moving in the outside world. I've heard things like the computer ruining socialization skills if abused. Is there any merit to this?
It sounds like a problem of the soul you have. If you don't find anything interesting, you have to make serious changes. It means you have no passions. If you have no passions, you aren't really living for anything. You're simply existing.

The lack of social skills is a symptom of the problem, not the cause of the problem itself. You need a new philosophy of life. This world is literally bursting at the seams with interesting things. If you can't find something interesting or develop any passions, then you have a problem to fix deep within and only some serious soul searching will help you.