"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

Need to break the "player" status

jetsfan

Don Juan
Joined
Oct 18, 2004
Messages
11
Reaction score
0
Age
37
Location
Tennessee
HI guys, I'm new here, and I'm slightly confused on what to do. Here's my situation.

I met a girl at a church trip (actually, I had been friends with her for a while, never romantically), and we were on a trip to an amusement park. well, I had previously been dating her best friend, but I broke up with her (long story). She had seen me hanging around with other girls at the park, but invited me to hang out with her. Well, obviously an amusement park is a FANTASTIC place to take a girl, so we warmed up very quickly. She was into me, and I was definitely into her. By the end of the day, we were holding hands (keep in mind this is a very religious girl, I do not wanna rush things with her, she's not like the other girls I've been with:cool: ) Well, when we get back from our trip, she's calling me a "player" because of all the girls I hang out with, and she doesn't know if I'm "playing" her or not (I'm not). What can I do to break this status, and get her to realize I'm not a player?
 

"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

tactic

Master Don Juan
Joined
Nov 23, 2003
Messages
1,322
Reaction score
1
Age
39
you could hang out with guys more and hang out with girls when she's not around but if you flirt with your (girl) friends then she will find out, and since you are not playing her (which is good) then show her by proof.
 

jetsfan

Don Juan
Joined
Oct 18, 2004
Messages
11
Reaction score
0
Age
37
Location
Tennessee
Argh but I need a good way to show her, like for instance, when I call her, what should I say....should I say something about how I'm not trying to play her?
 

tactic

Master Don Juan
Joined
Nov 23, 2003
Messages
1,322
Reaction score
1
Age
39
well if you mention that you're not a player too much she will either distrust you or lost interest.

be a bit patient, and show her that she is the only one you love in a relationship.
 
Top