"Stop Asking Your Friends What to Text Her"

Your buddy Dave has been single for three years and thinks "hey u up" is a valid strategy. Your other buddy Mike just got dumped and told you to "just be yourself."

You showed them her text. You asked them to decode the emoji. You drafted four responses and sent the screenshot to the group chat for a vote.

She's been waiting forty minutes.

Put the phone down. Stop crowdsourcing your love life. Type something that sounds like you. Hit send. Then go do literally anything else with your evening.

Read more...

need some quick advice before this phone call...

mecca411

Don Juan
Joined
Sep 26, 2003
Messages
148
Reaction score
0
I met this girl on the 1st at a bar one night. we hung out until early in the morining...just hanging and kissing. She's from out of town about 2 hours away. I had her number so I called her for the first time this past Thurs when I had a break from work. had to keep the conversation short because I had to head back to work, but it was still decent. I basically told her that I would call her again and let her know if I'd be coming into town for Sunday(today) with my roomate and if we could hang out.

Yesterday some friends of mine dropped in unexpectedly so I thought I'd spend the weekend with them instead. I tried to call the girl yesterday, but only got her machine. I wasn't sure if it was against the rules to leave a message so I just hung it up. I want to call her again today, but I want to know if I should leave a message in the chance I get her machine. Also, what should I say on the message(Call me back? I'll try you again?). Let me know what you think. Thanks.
 

"How I Made Sure No Woman Ever Friend-Zoned Me Again"

She calls you when her car breaks down. When she needs help moving. When some guy she's actually dating treats her badly.

You're the listener. The reliable one. The guy who would treat her so much better, if she'd just open her eyes.

She won't. You trained her to see you as the low-effort option — the friend who requires zero risk and zero investment. Every favor dug the hole deeper.

The "22 Rules" break the pattern. You'll stop auditioning for a role she already cast and become the man she chases instead. It starts with Rule 1.

Read more...

Dirtheart

Master Don Juan
Joined
Mar 18, 2004
Messages
952
Reaction score
1
Age
49
Location
UK
I wasn't sure if it was against the rules to leave a message so I just hung it up.
There are no "rules". Some people advice against leaving messages because...well, I don't know. But as long as it doesn't sound desperate or needy, there's not going to be a problem. I certainly can't imagine a woman thinking "Oh, he left a message. I don't like him any more".

Just keep it brief and casual like "Hi X, it's Mecca411. Sorry I couldn't make it into town this week, but if you want to do something next weekend (in the week or whatever) give me a call."

If she's interested, she'll be glad to hear from you and to know that you haven't brushed her off. If she doesn't get back to you, take it as a sign of low interest and move on. Just don't call her again after you have left a message since you'll sound a little desperate and she might just be taking her time to reply.
 

entropy

Don Juan
Joined
Dec 18, 2003
Messages
103
Reaction score
2
I agree totally with Dirtheart, as long as you don't sound desperate. Nobody likes someone who is desperate, not even you.

The number one cause of seeming desperate, is because you are.....desperate to get into her pants.

If you over-analyze something as trivial as a phone call, you'll just end up sounding desperate.

Just don't call repeatedly.

Oh and guys, girls ARE hip to the one week rule. Set yourself apart (this doesn't mean calling all the time), and show her that your truly interested in her. Really that's all you can do, after that the ball is in her court.
 

ghazala

Don Juan
Joined
Jul 11, 2004
Messages
29
Reaction score
0
Age
49
Location
Doha, Qatar


.............. :) ................ I might sound a bit weird but here specifically in this particular post I feel as if the softer gender is taken only as fun object .......... I mean to say that like if a guy is interested in a woman it is only because to spend the night's darkness with her ............

Mecca411 dear ......... if you really are interested in her that much why dont you spend some quality time with her ........ know her views n stay forever ...........

No offence intended ............. I felt I should write this so blackened the screen ..........

Take care :)

 
Top