"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

Need some Help please.

Da_Shogun

Don Juan
Joined
Sep 7, 2004
Messages
26
Reaction score
0
Age
41
A girl I met in camp

I'm obviously not a DJ. In fact I'm very shy.
There is this girl I met at camp who seems interested in me
and I'm very interested in her. We leave kind of far live apart so we communicate using MSN Messenger. She called me cute, sends me pictures of her, she says I'm nice and funny, and compliments me all the time. But today she took it on a another level. She asked me if I had a girlfriend. She also said she was just curious. I told her "I'm alvailable if that is what u mean." She said that's not what she meant which I seriously dought. She asked me if a lot of girls like me. I said yes which is true. She asked me which girl I like. The answer was her but I told her if she told me who she likes I'll tell her who I like. She didn't tell me so I didn't tell her. She said forget the question. I later emailed her and said "the answer to your question = u." I just sent it so she hasn't replied yet. Did I do the right thing. Give your thoughts and advice please.
 
Last edited:

"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

Da_Shogun

Don Juan
Joined
Sep 7, 2004
Messages
26
Reaction score
0
Age
41
Some help please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 25 views and nothing.
 

Da_Shogun

Don Juan
Joined
Sep 7, 2004
Messages
26
Reaction score
0
Age
41
Well this sucks.
 
Joined
Nov 23, 2003
Messages
188
Reaction score
0
Location
California
Sigh... dude... you really need to read the bible, for starters. I'm afraid it sounds like you fit the definition of AFC. You need to kill your desperation, first of all. Your three posts in a row indicate that you're a bit of a needy wreck about this situation. You're using an online chat tool instead of calling her, and you're trying to get with a girl that you don't even live near. The best you can expect is blue balls, and the worst you can expect is rejection.

My advice? If you're really interested in this girl, man up, grab your balls, call her, and DOMINATE! Lead the way, don't dance around the subject, just be a man and take charge of your relationship. Strength + masculinity + alpha mentality = good!

Good luck man, although you might want to move on altogether... and might I recommend you read the bible while you're at it...
 

Interpol

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jul 13, 2004
Messages
992
Reaction score
0
Location
STL
Re: A girl I met in camp

Originally posted by Da_Shogun
I'm obviously not a DJ. In fact I'm very shy.
There is this girl I met at camp who seems interested in me
and I'm very interested in her. We leave kind of far live apart so we communicate using MSN Messenger. She called me cute, sends me pictures of her, she says I'm nice and funny, and compliments me all the time. But today she took it on a another level. She asked me if I had a girlfriend. She also said she was just curious. I told her "I'm alvailable if that is what u mean." She said that's not what she meant which I seriously dought. She asked me if a lot of girls like me. I said yes which is true. She asked me which girl I like. The answer was her but I told her if she told me who she likes I'll tell her who I like. She didn't tell me so I didn't tell her. She said forget the question. I later emailed her and said "the answer to your question = u." I just sent it so she hasn't replied yet. Did I do the right thing. Give your thoughts and advice please.
This is like a 6th grade scenario. When you like a girl you should ASK HER ON A DATE, not send her an e-mail. You mentioned that you two live far apart, so maybe you should just be looking for someone else alltogether.
 

"How I Made Sure No Woman Ever Friend-Zoned Me Again"

She calls you when her car breaks down. When she needs help moving. When some guy she's actually dating treats her badly.

You're the listener. The reliable one. The guy who would treat her so much better, if she'd just open her eyes.

She won't. You trained her to see you as the low-effort option — the friend who requires zero risk and zero investment. Every favor dug the hole deeper.

The "22 Rules" break the pattern. You'll stop auditioning for a role she already cast and become the man she chases instead. It starts with Rule 1.

Read more...

flexion_

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 13, 2003
Messages
1,617
Reaction score
10
Age
56
So yes this may sounds cruel ... but *really*... read the bible.
 

skinnydart

Master Don Juan
Joined
Sep 25, 2004
Messages
511
Reaction score
0
Location
Texas
Yeah, I was surprised when I saw the age too, sounded like something from middle school.

Instead of sending that e-mail, you should have left her curious for a day or so, and then give a call and ask her out for something casual.
 
Top