Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Need some feedback...pics included

oakraiderz2

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ok...so i need some feedback as to what i need to work on more. Im 6'4, about 192-194. I just started squatting consistently, in addition to doing deadlifts and good mornings...which im hoping will add some mass to my skinny ass arms. Ideally id like to be around 225 or 230. My shoulders have been growing pretty well, but my arms seem to be slacking.

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f29/globaldistorti0n/SANY0117.jpg

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f29/globaldistorti0n/SANY0103.jpg

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f29/globaldistorti0n/SANY0114.jpg

I just need some advice, feedback, all that sh*t. Im not anywhere near where i want to be soo...dont be a fag.

WesCottII

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey dude

Looking good, post up some diet + workout routine and then we'll wade in.

Mad Manic

Banned
Reaction score
You just need to add mass everywhere. Bulk up clean and slow, on a good routine, train your legs properly without getting too caught up in the chest and arms hype and be consistent with training and diet. You have a good lean base to grow from and you probably have good genetics too.

MM

oakraiderz2

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
WesCottII said:
Hey dude

Looking good, post up some diet + workout routine and then we'll wade in.
My diet is a little inconsistent due to the fact that I get sick of eating the samething day after day.

Mornings- 4 eggs or a bowl of cereal w/ a protein shake

Afternoon- ham/roast beef/tuna or p&j sandwich or 2 burgers

Sack- quesadilla/peanuts/ peanut butter/ or can of tuna followed by a shake an hr later

Night- egg sandwhich/ egg and beef sandwhich/ beef sandwhich/ or salmon occasionly with pasta or veggies

Before bed- casein shake

I need to eat more, i realize that, but i dont know what else to make. I usually get a sufficient amount of protein, but i would like to take in about 4000 calories.

I switch up my routine about every 4-6 weeks, i just started a new one. Lately ive been focusing on more compound workouts as opposed to isolated excercises.

Mon- Triceps/Shoulders
skullcrushers 5x4
dips 5x4
tricep pushdowns 5x4
barbell shoulder press 5x4
dumbbell raises 5x4

Weds- Legs/Back
squats 4x6
deadlifts 4x6
goodmornings 4x6
pullups 3x5
shrugs 4x6

Fri- Biceps/Chest
bench press 5x4
incline bench 5x4
flies 5x4
barbell curls 5x4
preacher curls 5x4
wrist curls 5x4

Ive put on some noticable size on my shoulders and traps. My arms have gotten slightly bigger but nothing to drastic. Im hoping good mornings, squats and deadlifts will add on the mass that im looking for. I just started to do these excercises more consistently. Once i get around 220-230 ill be somewhat satisfied. Any advice would be awesome.

J89

Don Juan
Reaction score
Very solid base mate, go on a clean bulk with a good routine and ur all good.

Remember:
Lift big, eat big, sleep big= get big

Quagmire911

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What are your numbers on the big three? What has your progress been on them in the last six months?

To me, your routine should be simplified. Some unnecessary stuff and too much volume.

oakraiderz2

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Quagmire911 said:
What are your numbers on the big three? What has your progress been on them in the last six months?

To me, your routine should be simplified. Some unnecessary stuff and too much volume.
Bench- 250
Squat- 225 (just started in the last month. i was too lazy and stupid before.)
Deadlift- no idea, not very much

Last may i had hand surgery and i was out for 3 months. Ive gained about 65-75 lbs on my bench and only about 40 lbs on my squat.

Drum&Bass

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Pretty good start, your lean and you've got some musculature. Personally I think your routine has to much volume.

1 MAYBE 2 body parts per day.

p.s. I'm not knocking what your doing just throwing in a suggestion.

oakraiderz2

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
kickureface said:
how many calories/protein are you getting right now?
On avg i would say 180g of protein and 2500-3000 cal. Ive been trying to find meals that have 600+ calories so i can take in about 4000, but i guess i have more work to do.

Drum&Bass said:
Pretty good start, your lean and you've got some musculature. Personally I think your routine has to much volume.

1 MAYBE 2 body parts per day.

p.s. I'm not knocking what your doing just throwing in a suggestion.
Yea, the 5 sets isnt looking too appealing. I think im gonna switch to 3x10-12. As for the 2 body parts a day, ive been having success with it since day one, i get good gains and im as focused at the end as i am when i start.

kickureface

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Mornings- 4 eggs or a bowl of cereal w/ a protein shake

Afternoon- ham/roast beef/tuna or p&j sandwich or 2 burgers

Sack- quesadilla/peanuts/ peanut butter/ or can of tuna followed by a shake an hr later

Night- egg sandwhich/ egg and beef sandwhich/ beef sandwhich/ or salmon occasionly with pasta or veggies

Before bed- casein shake
what exactly are in each of your shakes? because unless they are high in protein, i think 180g is an overestimate based on the whole foods

oakraiderz2

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
kickureface said:
what exactly are in each of your shakes? because unless they are high in protein, i think 180g is an overestimate based on the whole foods
48g of protein each. Ill have 2 or 3 a day. 2 burgers have 19g a piece. 4 eggs have 24g. A can of tuna has 30g.

I-tallionStallion

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You need a lot more protein. You need about i'd say 380 grams for substantial gains. bodyweight x 2 grams of protein

Ways to do this - http://www.sosuave.net/forum/showthread.php?t=134782

You need to eat atleast 3-4 solid meals a day with a couple shakes thrown in as the diet outlines.

Add olive oil - about 2-4 tbsp a day (to help with calories and fat) - careful not to overload or you will be stuck on the toilet haha

In all shakes - add raw eggs except for the after workout shake. I easily eat 14 raw eggs in a day in my 4 whey shakes.

Get 'Carbo gain' at Amazon.com for after the workout for fast carbs to help with muscle rebuilding and growth.

Expect to go through about 10-15lbs of whey a month.

A gallon or two of water a day.

Good luck! ;)

Mad Manic

Banned
Reaction score
I-tallionStallion said:
You need a lot more protein. You need about i'd say 380 grams for substantial gains. bodyweight x 2 grams of protein

Ways to do this - http://www.sosuave.net/forum/showthread.php?t=134782

You need to eat atleast 3-4 solid meals a day with a couple shakes thrown in as the diet outlines.

Add olive oil - about 2-4 tbsp a day (to help with calories and fat) - careful not to overload or you will be stuck on the toilet haha

In all shakes - add raw eggs except for the after workout shake. I easily eat 14 raw eggs in a day in my 4 whey shakes.

Get 'Carbo gain' at Amazon.com for after the workout for fast carbs to help with muscle rebuilding and growth.

Expect to go through about 10-15lbs of whey a month.

A gallon or two of water a day.

Good luck! ;)
Sounds like way too much protein. 380 grams? No way. More like lean bodyweight x 1.5 g. Also don't use much if any powder.

MM

shaunuk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
MM, how much protein are you getting good results with? (what's your bodyweight, you're like 210+ aren't you?) I just take the big guys' advice mate and get at least 1.5g/lb

Mad Manic

Banned
Reaction score
shaunuk said:
MM, how much protein are you getting good results with? (what's your bodyweight, you're like 210+ aren't you?) I just take the big guys' advice mate and get at least 1.5g/lb
I'm nearly 16 stone so more like 220+ lbs (At 5' 11") but I'm due to start a cut at the end of March. I think 2g per lb lean BW is too much, I think 1.5g per lb is more than enough from experience. Your body only needs so much protein as it builds muscle at a slow rate.

MM

I-tallionStallion

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Mad Manic said:
Sounds like way too much protein. 380 grams? No way. More like lean bodyweight x 1.5 g. Also don't use much if any powder.

MM
:trouble: Well maybe you disagree with Me and my experience...But i'm getting big and strong from EFFORT's advice...not MM's advice. I eat 500 grams a day. BTW cutting is for beginners.

Mad Manic

Banned
Reaction score
I-tallionStallion said:
:trouble: Well maybe you disagree with Me...But i'm getting big and strong from EFFORT's advice...not MM's advice. I eat 500 grams a day. And cutting is for beginners.
If you're in a calorie surplus with enough protein you will get big and strong but you don't need 500 g, your body only produces muscle at a slow rate. And given your lifts and your BW I think that's a fair thing to say. And cutting is to shed bodyfat whilst maintaining muscle, it is used at any stage of the game when felt necessary. But if you gain muscle and strength whilst staying shredded all year round, then I salute you.

MM