Need Some Brotherly Love

Enlightened

Reaction score
Hey guys, I am having some trouble over coming a little oneitis. I have been with my girl for about a year. It is too a point where we are either going to get married, or break up. We are on a break for two weeks to figure this out. I say we, but I mean she. I hate to admit it, but I think I would marry her if she decided that's what she wants. I know that this is totally AFC and shiat, but when you're infected the best way to overcome it is to admit it.
I just need some support right now, I am depressed, I haven't eaten the past two days, and I am a little worried. I just don't have an appetite. I suppose I will look back on this as a turning point, but right now I am a mess.
I would greatly appreciate some input, or support. If you think that I am just being a biatch you are probably right, just help a brother out.

Alphathree

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey dude... admitting is a good thing. There's no shame to it.

The following is a quick recall of when I was in a situation similar to yours and how far I have progressed since. It might make you feel better.

-----
About one year and four months ago today, the old AFC me (I hestiate to say "I", because it really was some alternate personality) was lying on my ex-girlfriends bed crying and literally begging her to reconsider breaking up with me.

She didn't even let me into her room. I had to pick the lock. I happened to be good at this. I did it.

The way she looked at me, the way she spoke to me, it was like I wasn't even a human being anymore.

My mind couldn't process how I could go from "the most amazing person she'd ever met" to "not a worthwhile human being" in a matter of weeks. Of course she had been lying to me, but I was naive.

I couldn't eat. I failed midterms. I started talking to a psychologist who didn't help. Then I started giggling all the time, inexplicably.

We lived in the same house, my room upstairs, her room in the basement. She started dating another guy two weeks later, and he started screwing her in her room a bit after that.

I didn't quite know what to do. I wanted all of it to stop, but I was too much of a wimp to actually end it. I was a prisoner in my own home and even in my own mind.

Anyway, fast forward to now. I look completely different. All my clothes are different. All my friends are different. All my beliefs are different. All of my hobbies and interests are different. I have confidence. I have a lot of women in my life. I feel pretty good.

And I'm so glad all of that happened because if it didn't, I might still be with her today, and my life would be MISERABLE.
-----

So what should you do... well, you should dump her and stand on your own two feet. I know you won't, but you should.

All I can say is that if she's taking a break, you're not going to recover from this in the long run. Not with her. Forget about her. You need to fix yourself.

DonJuanMonk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yo man, I'm downing a Sierra Nevada Pale Ale in your honor right now. So I will be nice and not make fun of you, especially the part where "I would marry her if she asked me to." alright on to the next post.

Neoscarecrue

Don Juan
Reaction score
sierra nevada pale ale is one of the best.anyway,listen to your brothers,break up with her first.she'll respect u more if she gets back with u and if she doesn't,then she wasn't meant to be in the first place.