Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Need some advice

EverSure75

Don Juan
Reaction score
Good day, gentlemen.

I'm at what I consider a critical juncture in my life. I turn 40 in a few months.

Anyway between the custody battle and just me foolishly putting my dreams and plans aside I spent my 30s living hand to mouth. I'm currently in poor financial shape but digging myself out the hole.

I currently live in a small rented flat with ccheap rent. My parents live overseas and have offered to buy a townhouse for me to live in. They already have a townhouse here and it was originally bought as a 'family house' for them to uuse when they visitedaand for me to stay when mmy child was living with m e.

Part of my wake up call was realising how much my family contributed to my beta mindset from growing up right through to adulthood. I had made a decision to cut contact with them as much as possible and rebuild my life on my own terms.
My parents have a family business that they've hinted that they want help with now. I don't want to move to where they live and even if I did working with them would be a nightmar. I've tried to help out with the businessas much as iI can remotely but it's proving to me a strain on me.

So yesterday my mother calls and says there's another townhouse in the same complex they have one in and they're thinking of buying it for me to live in.
Part of me doesn't want to accept it because I know it will come with expectations. My parents are very subltey manipulative. At the same time, living in a larger place and being more central would help me alot.
Should I accept their offer or decline and continue trying to build my own life without their help.

Last edited:

logicallefty

Reaction score
OP, I would go over these questions in my mind before making your exact decision:

- Have my parents helped me over the years when I have needed them?

- Is there anything in the deal for me LONG TERM if I go work for them?

- Am I giving up anything important to me if I go work for them other than some time?

Don't go JUST because they are family. You will read a lot on this site, and in time experience for yourself if you haven't already, that blood is NOT always thicker than water. Family will take advantage of you when they need you, and then sh|t you out like yesterdays tacos when they are done with you, just like women, friends, co-workers, etc will do.

Think about these factors and your answer to this issue will come right to you.

The_flying_dutchman

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
EverSure75 said:
Part of my wake up call was realising how much my family contributed to my beta mindset from growing up right through to adulthood. .
BS:down: One of the biggest beta male characteristics is not being able to take personal responsibility for one's choices....

.... An alpha male does not let the actions of others dictate how he views himself or lives his life, only a beta male would resort to blaming others..

... and it sounds like your parents are some decent folks if they're willing to buy you a home...

EverSure75

Don Juan
Reaction score
The_flying_dutchman said:
BS:down: One of the biggest beta male characteristics is not being able to take personal responsibility for one's choices....

.... An alpha male does not let the actions of others dictate how he views himself or lives his life, only a beta male would resort to blaming others..

... and it sounds like your parents are some decent folks if they're willing to buy you a home...
Thanks for tthis reply. I agree and disagree at the same time. I have been placing blame on others for my past wrong moves but I also recognise the bad ddecisions iI've made.
But the fact is I did grow up with a beta father and a manipulative mother. The feminine imperative is all i kknew ggrowing up. Looking back I don't see how I could have seen things differently.
What I think is ccrucial now is that I know there is noone coming to 'save' me.
My life is in my hands.
While it might seem basic to others here.. its a brand new cconcept to me.

Again.. Thanks for your honest reply. It prompted alot of introspection.