Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Need Quick Advice: "Is it cool if my roommate comes?"

Serialized3

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey guys, just looking for some opinions on this text game.

I met this chick at a training for my profession (she doesn't work with me), and she seemed cool, pretty in the face, a bit thicker than I usually like but huge cantaloupe tits, and she seemed to be laughing at my jokes and giving me the eyes so I thought she was diggin' me.

I knew I had to get her number. I meant to use a line like "I just had to tell you that I think you're cute and I wanted to take you out and show you around town" (yeah, that's the best I got for direct game) but I never had a chance to get alone and I didn't want to just ask her out in front of a bunch of people that I might be working around.

So, when we were walking out to the parking lot, I fluffed her about what she was going to do before her job started and I told her that we should "hang out sometime" and got her number and set up loose plans for this weekend. Now, I have gotten in trouble about not making my intentions clear from the start so I'm really trying to avoid being put into the friend category. "Hanging out" might work with college girls but I doubt it works terribly well with professional women. Although I think she is like 22 or 23 so she's still young.

Last night I got back from a trip and I decided to text her and see if she was free. She seemed pretty enthusiastic and seemed to be playing little text games but whatever, I invited her to watch the Olympic basketball game with me tomorrow night at this really cool sports bar I just discovered. She agreed and just sent me that text about bringing her roommate.

She's new to the area (I think she's some small-town Midwesterner) and so maybe this could be a comfort/security thing on her part. I also am somewhat more attractive than her so maybe that could be affecting it. Or it could be a shit test. Hard to say.

I'm leaning towards saying "yeah sure" to her bringing the roommate, as I think it would be more awkward to say "no" or to try to clarify that I wanted to date her not just be her bro and hang out. I figure that I can just charm her roommate a little, build up some rapport with both, and then try to isolate and mate with the girl I like the next time we go out.

Does anyone have a way I could gracefully say "no" or let her know that I am not trying to just "hang out"

It's about 2:30 mountain time, I feel like I should text this chick back within the hour or so (she texted me about 1:00), so any quick advice would be appreciated.

Pimp-sicle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Your over-analyzing.

She knows your interested in her. When you ask a girl for her #, your showing interest. Thinking that using the term hang out vs date is not suddenly going to make her more or less interested in you; she knows you find her attractive.

As Pair already said; the fact that she wants to bring a friend along is not a good sign, but its NOT the end of the world.

Group dates are okay if its a bunch of people going out for an event; say a club, a birthday party etc.

But when you ask a girl out and she wants to bring a friend that means she's not entirely sold on you yet. She wants the friend there for comfort and to use her as an excuse in case she isn't feeling you.

At this point you are already in since you asked her out; I'd suggest just telling her its cool if the friend comes along. Focus on paying the friend attention and making her open up so she's comfortable.

Think of it like this; if you defuse the bomb, then you can enjoy some time with the target girl.

If you back out and say "no" then she will think poorly of you and the chances that she accepts a 1 on 1 date go down even further.

Think of this as a pre-date to the date. You pass this and she will be happy to go out with you 1 on 1.

And it has nothing to do with your looks. If she found you extremely attractive, it would trump everything else and she would happily go out with you alone.

She's interested, but not sold yet.

PIMP

Young Juan

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
This usually means it wasn't clear that you were asking her to a date, just to "hang out." I would say something to the effect of, I would rather have her all to myself, a fun no, but a no nonetheless. Or something to the effect of not having a friend for her friend. Either way, you solidify the fact that it is a date and for general isolation reasons, you don't want the extra friend there.

Since it was a question and not a statement, I would take the option THAT I WANTED!

nismo-4

Reaction score
From New Orleans, Louisiana to Atlanta, Georgia!!!
You really need some alone time. The fact she wants to bring her roomate along is a way to block your advances. RED FLAG!

Say no and get her more attracted to you. Get her interest level higher. :up:

Case closed.

Serialized3

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So I hung out with both of them. Both came dressed up super casual (t shirt and jeans ... meh) so clearly just intending to "hang out". I gamed both of them and had them laughing, so I think they're both at least cool with me.

It was kind of a blessing in disguise because her roommate is actually hotter and seemed more into me than her. The original girl was kind of distant and subdued it seemed.

I think I'm just gonna chill with both of em again in a couple weeks and see which one is more DTF.

Thanks for the responses guys. Rep'd :up:

Pimp-sicle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Serialized3 said:
So I hung out with both of them. Both came dressed up super casual (t shirt and jeans ... meh) so clearly just intending to "hang out". I gamed both of them and had them laughing, so I think they're both at least cool with me.

It was kind of a blessing in disguise because her roommate is actually hotter and seemed more into me than her. The original girl was kind of distant and subdued it seemed.

I think I'm just gonna chill with both of em again in a couple weeks and see which one is more DTF.

Thanks for the responses guys. Rep'd :up:

Nice! This is exactly why I suggested going and putting your best foot forward with both of them.

As far as what to do next....

Isolate isolate isolate!!

If the friend seems more into you, then why would you bring the original target?

Hit up the friend and ask her to hang out. If anything it will make the original girl somewhat jealous and then if you play your cards right you might be able to have both of them.

PIMP

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
For some reason I thought the twist here was going to be that the roommate was a guy.