Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Need "pet name" for a strong-willed ex-friend

parisaga

Don Juan
Reaction score
So I'm dating this 28-year-old (I'm 28 too) and things are going great, she asked to be exclusive and I agreed. Couldn't have done it w/o this site, thanks to all.

Thing is, I can't seem to figure out a pet name for her. There are 2 problems: (a) she's very independent, so "babe" really doesn't fit, and (b) she's a friend of many years (10+) so there's this odd barrier there.

The second reason is why I feel I really need something to make sure we don't slip back into LJBF territory... any suggestions??

Snatchmaster

Don Juan
Reaction score
Is she smart, artistic, a classic beauty or any combo thereof? Perhaps she is knowledgeable on many different things.

If so, then I recommend you call her "Renaissance" since she is your "renaissance woman." Do the build up about how she is so artistic or creative or your Mona Lisa or Venus de Milo.... you get the idea.

Later you can shorten the name to Ren, if you like. And if need be, you can transform her into your renaissance woman..

parisaga

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Snatchmaster
If so, then I recommend you call her "Renaissance" since she is your "renaissance woman."
Cool idea... but a bit sophisticated for this chick...

I'm looking for something like "babe" that's a bit more... rough and unpolished?? Something like "sweetie" wouldn't make sense. Something like "hottie" is overplayed.

Chrispy

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't get how a pet name with help you keep her out of the LJBF zone...

parisaga

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Chrispy
I don't get how a pet name with help you keep her out of the LJBF zone...
Actually, it's more kind of a mutual LJBF zone.

Maybe I'm thinking this all wrong, but I find I call her by her real name too often... which reinforces our longstanding friendship. Both of us have even said stuff to that effect.

Now, thanks to the DJ stuff, when we're getting close there's no problem (she's said I have a "way with women"), but all the edge cases... casual convo, BRIEF phone calls, etc, are diluting the spark.

I'm just paranoid because yes I have a bit of oneitis here... this is one of the few worthwhile chicks I've dated in the past couple years...

James Olmstead

Don Juan
Reaction score
I try to come up with a new nick name at least once a week. I usually go with something like: Ping-Pong, Short-Bus, Crayola, Ring-Ding, blondie, pork chop, BB (if she has a big butt), squirrely, Sasquatch (Maybe shes tall or really short), skittles, Charlie Brown, Pepperment Paty, Happy Meal etc. I try to keep it light and playfull but always just a little derragatory so youre still seen as the selector, but thats just the way I do it.:)

Crank_It_Up

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I use names that refer to the color of a piece of clothing she's wearing that looks good, or some activity/adventure which she was recently involved in, or some funny mishap she was involved in...

dietzcoi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Just don't make it too sappy, like snookums or some such tripe...

Dietzcoi

Doro Ajani

Don Juan
Reaction score
...I'm looking for something like "babe" that's a bit more... rough and unpolished??...
Well, maybe you can be rough and unpolished, and artistic at the same time....Try calling her your serving wench. Or just wench.

Doro Ajani

parisaga

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by James Olmstead
I try to come up with a new nick name at least once a week. I usually go with something like: Ping-Pong, Short-Bus, Crayola, Ring-Ding, blondie, pork chop, BB (if she has a big butt), squirrely, Sasquatch (Maybe shes tall or really short), skittles, Charlie Brown, Pepperment Paty, Happy Meal etc. I try to keep it light and playfull but always just a little derragatory so youre still seen as the selector, but thats just the way I do it.:)
That sh*t is hilarious... and perfect! Just what I needed. She'll love that. She calls me "lover" now after this weekend (applause, thank you), so this is a great offset.

I'm also using "wench" for sure.

Thanks guys.

LuckyStrike

Don Juan
Reaction score
I dated this one that I used to call "hot pockets" because she would always wear tightass jeans that looked like they were spray-painted on. She loved it.