Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

need man's perspective

iqqi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey, men. I need your insight, so please help a girl out. I recently began dating a guy I knew when I was 14. Back then he had just moved here from another country and didn’t speak English. I broke up with him due to that “communication” barrier, and moved to another high school shortly after. I never saw him again until two months ago. I had always wanted to get in touch with him again, so I was very happy when he crossed my path. We are both 23 now, and he just got divorced 4 months before that, he had been with that woman for 5 years altogether. Well at first he was really distant, understandably. We’d hang out and talk for hours, and then he’d disappear for weeks. Finally last month, we began hanging out more predictably. At one point he told me he remembered my exact words when I broke up with him eight years ago, even though he didn’t speak English then, and he has a horrible memory. We slept together a few times without sex, (although it was obvious he wanted it, I’m no dummy!). I told him I wasn’t ready to go there yet with him, and he was always a gentleman. We shared a lot with each other, I mean I know so many details about his life you’d think we never lost each other those eight years! Finally it happened, we had sex. And it was so lovely it could make you cry, he being the most loving man in the world. We spent two nights together, it was DEEP. Very personal details shared and everything. And he never called again.
Ok, he called once a few days later, but he never answered his phone, never returned my calls (there weren’t TOO many thankfully). Almost three weeks later, he calls, saying he lost his phone (!?) and I told him I’d call him back. Of course…he never answered, and three days later he has not called back. And he is spending a lot of time suddenly at his friend’s house who lives on my street. Is this so I’ll be reminded of him every time I leave my house?
I need some help sorting this out. I’m very hurt by this of course, as I have always held him in high regards, and the fact that we shared so much. Is this a simple case of him getting the goods, is this a divorce issue, is it because I broke up with him back in the day, WHAT? There are a couple other details, I don’t know if they’ll help, but when we slept together he seemed insecure about a condition he has (nothing sexual). Is he embarrassed? Am I just making excuses?

Don Ron

Banned
Reaction score
Wish I could offer some useful advice here, but this guy sounds like a chump. You should give ME a call! :D

Unless you are hideously obese or fugly. Send me some pics and we will talk! ;)

If you are curious about my standards, check out my Rating System

Toodles!

FlyGuy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You want us to read this guy's mind... I mean really, it could be a LOT of things. If I had to GUESS though, I would say he just wasn't looking for a relationship. He just wanted the goods, and since you obviously wanted more he bailed as soon as he got them. He might pop back into your life every now and then looking for a hookup, but I doubt he'll settle into a relationship with you. That's my take on it.

Starwind

Don Juan
Reaction score
It's probably a combination of things, including the divorce and the fact that you two were so close in the past... In that respect, it would be too hard to really say what he wants.

Also, I'm sensing that you're not even really sure what you want out of this, right? Since the only constant seems to be the fact that he drops in and out of your life, I would guess that he's going to keep doing that from now on, as FlyGuy's said. If you can live with that, then try and keep contact with him. Otherwise, move on.

Sir Shags Alot

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Whatever he is doing must be working becuase he got you hooked.......I do the same thing with my 'booty calls'. It usually works out really good for me! Have sex, disappear call them back whenever....usually a week, and they will be craving the c0ck! Works like a charm.

I know that dosn't help, but he probably dosn't want a relationship. He also probably dosn't want to tell you that, becuase he thinks he will loose a piece of ass! I say call him get it all off your chest, and then you will know what is up!

....or it could just be him having closure to you breaking up with him!

tamales

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I am not a man but I have learned that you typically can never go back. I have tried with ex's and it never works. Once an egg is broke it is broke. And this guy, if he were really into you, you'd know. Clear and simple. Sounds like Mr. Houdini is not. Learn from this and move on to someone new.

Good luck!

ulsterman

Don Juan
Reaction score
It sounds to me like he has something else weighing on his mind, judging by the vacillations in his conduct, i.e, there-gone-back-gone again. I just think the time periods between his appearances are too long for him to be merely trying to be mysterious as a means of whipping up your interest level. I would very seriously doubt he is visiting his friend in the hope of reminding you of him, as all those calls you made already demonstrated to him your interest. My inclination - and I stress it is only that - is that this man is not interested in you romantically. I just hope you can discipline yourself into not wanting him more because of that. I would also advise you to bear in mind that men generally tend to view the act of sexual intercourse as more of a physical pleasure/need than a romantic consummation, and that many a man generally will tell a woman what he thinks she wants to hear if it means he can have his way, so do not read too much into him sharing deep secrets with you. You should marry a man before you sleep with him...

tamales

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I agree with U except for that last line.
"You should marry a man before you sleep with him"...?

Only to find out later that he sucks in bed...Or she does.

drZaius09

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You were aware there was a "communication barrier" to begin with, so why did you get involved with him if you knew you couldn't handle it? I don't blame him for screwing with you in return.

I say you should take Don Ron up on his offer. ;)

iqqi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
BECAUSE, Massive, I'm a girl. We like to take our time and not make a big mistake when we really like a guy. But sometimes, if we really like them and it seems like its going well, we get excited and just take a leap of faith in trusting them. A leap right into the big black abyss of you-been-played-hell.

iqqi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
**** you, massive. we were 14 back then, did you read or what? we went out for 3 weeks, it was kiddie stuff then. and he knew he wasn't getiing any when we slept together, because I TOLD HIM. i wasn't playing games. and he was cool with it. maybe i was his emotional ****strap. he was used to sleeping with someone for 5 years. thanks for your input, but don't use my problem as a springboard for your witty **** talk because you hate women.

Kwah

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Easy kids. Now the thing is, I don't know if I should give away the fact that he is priming you. WEll since I just did, he is but he is going to far if you are getting pissed off.

I wish I could offer some useful advice but Im just here for colour commentary.

tamales

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Uh... YOu mean you slept with him at 14 ( christ that's young! Sigh..JMO but sex ain't kiddie stuff. It's real adult stuff. Again, JMO) and he had already been involved with someone for five year? Tell me I read that wrong. Cuz if he was 9/10, then you have a lot more issues than this one.

I still say, forget about him and move on. Come on girl, read the signs. Hey, I know it hurts but read them and weep and find a man that can give you what you want. I have been there. Trust me and it ain't fun.

But good luck anyways

Finally, I would be nice on these boards. Especially, as a woman. Hey I am not saying be a sap but most these guys really just want to help. ANd sometimes the truth really hurts as it's not what we want to hear. I was pissed off at a number of dudes but now that I have come around, they are their for me and it's nice. ANd the truth is most of them were right about my situation. I just wasn't ready to listen.

RazzleDazzle

Don Juan
Reaction score
Holy crap tamales. Can't believe a woman actually admitted being wrong. That is so very rare in your sex. Usually when you finally pin a woman down on an issue she gets totally defensive and starts saying the most wicked shiat you can imagine.

Iqqi, 14 or 41 it's still a relationship. Kiddie stuff my @ss too. At 14 women are way ahead of guys in the game and it sounds like you just gave up on him becuase of something he couldn't help. Middle school and High school relationships can make or break a guys confidence in the future.

I'd say his divorce is probably still hanging over his head, it was only 5 months or so ago. I know your 23 now and no one else seems to be able to read. Your only shot is to talk to him. Sometimes you'll have to stick YOUR neck out and see what happens. It's what we guys have to do everytime so don't look for sympathy here about that.

Good luck.

iqqi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
thanks, tamale. i wasn't trying to be mean, but it didn't seem like the young buck was trying to be helpful. should've just ignored him, but i'm a feisty redhead...
anyways yeah, you read wrong. we were 14, it was 3 weeks, there was maybe a kiss nothing else, trust me it was kiddie stuff. no sex, nothing like that. then our paths crossed again 8 years later, and that is where we are today. thanks for your input, i really like the egg quote, and i feel you on that. it is the truth!

( . )( . )

Banned
Reaction score
Oh what a load of wank this is, you banged BIG DEAL stop trying to see it as some cosmic occurence:rolleyes:
didnt you say this guy just got out of some crappy relationship .ie: divorced? then why in hell would he want to get all serious again already? give the poor bastard a break.
and in future realise that the precious "goods" that you think he got may not have been "good" enough, just a thought.

massive attack had some good points, but you instead of admitting your nonsense you call him a women hater, WTF has pointing out truths have anything to do with hating women?

and ulsterman is this a joke?
You should marry a man before you sleep with him...
alot of your posts seem to have a reoccuring theme that marriage is the be all and end all to every single problem, which fantasy land are you in?

tamales good to see you posting again, it is rare to see women tell it how it really is.