"She Laughed All Night. Then She Ghosted You. Here's Why."

Dinner ran three hours. She laughed at everything. You walked her to her car thinking this one's locked in.

Then: nothing. Two texts. No reply. What happened?

You did what most men do on a great date. You filled every silence, answered every question, and left her with nothing to wonder about. No mystery. Nothing to sit with when she got home.

Rule 3 of the "22 Rules" changes the ending: tell her a little, hold back the rest, and let her imagination do the chasing. The ghosting stops too.

Read more...

Need LTR Advice

GaryNas

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Mar 8, 2004
Messages
203
Reaction score
0
I've been in an LTR for 6 years now and we've broken up 4 times. I'm getting so sick and tired of this relationship I don't know what to do and it's not that I don't love the girl because I REALLY do. Let me rundown our breakups:

4.5 years ago - I was really mean and immature for the first year in our relationship so she broke up with me (rightfully so).

4 years ago - Some moron at her work started talk to her and I guess she liked the attention... I got the boot

2 years ago - Another moron at another job made some moves on her and was "there as a friend"... I got the boot again

1 year ago (last summer) - I told her I needed to date other girls. We broke up for a month and got back together.

So here I am a year later and all I can think about is other women. I don't even want a relationship with them, just mess around. Everytime I try to talk about this with her I always get asked "You don't love me?". It's not that though, I do love her... hell, I want to marry her someday, but I have to get stuff out of my system. I've only had 2 partners before and my "fool around" count is under 10. I feel like I miss out on a LOT in the past 6 years and before I know it the prime of my life will be over. On the otherhand I love her SO much and don't want to lose her!


What do I do??
 

"Why Women Dump the Guys Who Try the Hardest"

You paid for dinner. You drove. You said "whatever you want is fine" every single time. All the effort, no expectations.

And she left anyway — probably for a guy who makes her pick up the pizza.

Painful. Also predictable. Her mind quietly concludes that anything requiring zero effort from her is worth exactly zero. You became a free sample, and free samples get taken for granted.

The 22 Rules flip the dynamic. Small shifts that get her investing effort, money, and time in you — until SHE'S the one afraid of losing YOU.

Read more...

JohnJones

Master Don Juan
Joined
Oct 22, 2002
Messages
582
Reaction score
1
Location
PA
She cheated on you with at least 2 guys and you really love her? You have more stamina than I do

I think you need to explain to her that you feel like you need to experience other women and that if she is cool with that, then fine. if she's not, then you need to break up with her.
 

CLOONEY

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jan 11, 2002
Messages
3,015
Reaction score
5
You got the boot twice because of other guys. I would have let her know after taking her back the second time, if this EVER happens again, that is the END, and stick with your promise.

Everytime you tell her about how you want to mess around with other girls and you get the "you dont love me" stuff, is fair enough. And everytime you do it, she looses more and more respect for you!! You dont say sh*t like that to your LTR girlfriend, WTF is that?

You have 2 decisions and they are quiet obvious, I dont even know why you posted this.

First = dump her and fukc around with other girls.
Second = stay with her and stop your winging.

If you take the first, u may loose her for good, so REALLY think about it before you do anything stupid.
Second, you have to accept you are with her for a long time, and deal with it. It shouldnt be something you hate and always wish you wernet doing it, you should enjoy being with her man!
 
Joined
Nov 6, 2003
Messages
4,280
Reaction score
8
Location
Wisconsin. USA
There is no loyalty on her part in this relationship - expect to get burned again when she wants another pimp.

You telling her that you want to see other women only encourages and assures her that she should be looking for another dude in the meantime!

You should chase other women and not be loyal to an unloyal one!
 

Crank_It_Up

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 21, 2004
Messages
546
Reaction score
1
Question

Originally posted by GaryNas
...I've only had 2 partners before and my "fool around" count is under 10...
how many, if any, of these 12 other women were better than her sexually?
 

"She Made Her Decision Before You Finished Your Sentence"

Three seconds. That's how long it took. Your shoes. Your posture. The way you held your drink. Whether you looked at the floor or looked at her.

She already filed you away. Interesting. Boring. Safe. Bold. Before you even opened your mouth.

Everything you say after that is just her confirming what she already decided.

So stop rehearsing lines. Fix the first three seconds. Stand tall. Look up. Smile like you mean it. Walk like you belong wherever you're standing.

The words come later. The impression comes first.

Read more...

NRM

Master Don Juan
Joined
May 6, 2004
Messages
563
Reaction score
0
If she felt the same way about you, she wouldn't have cheated on you. You even asked and told her about your feelings for other girls, she didn't give you warnings like this.

I think this is a lost cause. It isn't worth it if she doesn't feel the same way and is always looking for the bigger better deal. I think you should reconsider the relationship one more time and see if it's worth it in the long run.
 

NewMan

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jul 29, 2003
Messages
2,406
Reaction score
16
Location
Los Angeles
move on.

Firstly she cheated on you and gave you the old heave ho.

Secondly - you'll always feel the way you feel (not fvcked enough women) - so end it now - go have fun.

Your to young to be in a LTr of 6 yrs anyway.

Go fvck until your 30.
 

Kidquick

Don Juan
Joined
Mar 18, 2004
Messages
101
Reaction score
3
Age
49
I'm gonna have to agree with New Man on this one - in a relationship that is worth being in, the need to experience other women isn't there. You're cuttin' yourself short by staying in a relationship that your not 100% positive with, and her too. Get out and get laid!
 

InLawsHateMe

Master Don Juan
Joined
Sep 2, 2002
Messages
1,165
Reaction score
0
Location
Columbus, Ohio USA
Obviously, there's soemthing about you that keeps her coming back, and you keep allowing it to go on.

Here's my advise..... this has been going on for longer than it should.... stop wasting each others time..... you are 24, you should be living it up at this age, not tide down. DO NOT MAKE THE MISTAKE I DID! ....date.... learn about what you like in women... find the one that matches your needs the most, and do not settle for anything less. If you like blondes, go for blondes, if you want someone tall, go for tall blondes, etc... do not give yourself any reason to question yourself about your choice later. If you are not 100% happy now, chances are, you ain't going to be 6 years down the road.

If she can't do it, you need to be a man, and do it. How you do it, is up to you... hell, who knows, maybe a year or two down the road, you guys may renew your relationship, after having sometime to date others, but now, I think you know what you want to do... make your decision, and go with it, right or wrong... it's time to sh*t, or get off the pot dude.

BTW.... if you find that after you guys are split up, you can't get any leg, don't be a p*ssy and go running back to her... give it some time...
 
Top