Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Need Help WIth a Math Paper

Sojourn

Don Juan
Reaction score
Fellas I need your help. I have to write a math paper. Specifically on the probability of winning the lottery. The problem is I suck at Math and know very little about probabilities. This is a final project for my Math class. We have to do something that we didn't cover in class, and I'm stuck with this.

The paper has to be about the probability of winning the lottery and how it relates to the math principles we have been doing in class this semester. I also have to write about the formulas etc... So if anyone can give me some help I would appreciate it. If anyone knows the formulas etc... or other things please help me out.

search1ng

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
what formula's have you been learning? Type in all the crap you've been learning. My guess is something to do with chance and probability but we need more information.

Sojourn

Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm looking at the Mass state lottery. I'm in better shape right now then I was earlier. I'm explaining the probabilities of winning the several lottery games that Massachusetts has. For example,

http://www.masslottery.com/games/megamillions_rules.html

I know how to get the right numbers behind most of the games, but I don't know if there are specific formulas I should be using. If there is I can also add the formula in the paper and explain the formula. I'm just going to write about the different probabilities of winning the different games and compare them with other things like the chance that someone has to get struck by lightning. Then I'm going to relate that to what I have been studying for the class. I think I should be alright if I have any specific questions I'll let you guys know.

search1ng

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Just finding it hard to believe you're doing probability now... it's an easy enough concept that's usually covered at an earlier grade. Anyway best of luck!

Idkmyname

Don Juan
Reaction score
I didn't deal with probability until I took a course called Intro to Logic my freshman year.

I.A.F.Y.B.

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The odds of winning the lottery are you. Out of how many other people are playing the lottery. Which would be considerd "X". Unless you actually know the amount of people playing the lottery.

I'm basicly talking out of my a$$ right now. But, it would seem logical.

search1ng

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Idkmyname said:
I didn't deal with probability until I took a course called Intro to Logic my freshman year.
Yeah i'm just going to put it down to a different education system.