Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Need help getting started

CaptainSlinky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Allright, I've been working on my DJ abilities for over 2 years now, but I've decided it's finally time to get into shape. I'm in very, very ****ty shape, I admit it. I have horribly eating habits, can't succesfully run a mile, and am starting to get quite fat. I only have very, very basic exercise knowledge. This past week, I've been trying to get started working out, only, I have no idea what I'm doing. I have a weight bench in my room, I've been doing benches of maybe... 65 pounds, depending on the bar weight. Also, I have been using the leg thing on it with about 50 pounds on it. I have also been doing some really ****ty sit-ups on the couch, since I don't have any other places to lock my feet into that I can think of.

I'm 17, about 5' 8", and weigh 160lbs. I'm trying to get the balls to start running in the morning or something, since I've always hating running so very much.

Can anybody help me out with just a simple starting plan to lose some weight, gain some muscle, and just plain get in shape?

tactic

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well this is kinda off-topic but about working on your DJ abilities... were you sucessful with women? And what made you want to change yourself... Were there anything wrong going on with a girl?

tactic

Mr. Latte

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Johnstonefitness.com

Check out the weight loss and bulking job that this guy did over the coarse of the last 14 months...it's unbelievable. He's not selling anything, like most sites are...he's just a guy who started his own daily fitness pic site and forum to inspire and encourage others. Definately join the forum there.

CaptainSlinky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by tactic
Well this is kinda off-topic but about working on your DJ abilities... were you sucessful with women? And what made you want to change yourself... Were there anything wrong going on with a girl?

tactic
I'd say I've been modertely successful, but a very big roadblock in it is what I'm addressing now. I never have felt confident about my looks, and judging from my inability to excersize even slightly without getting winded, I'm probably not that much to look at anyways.

Originally posted by LuckySevens777
I'd check out DIESEL's guide to cutting up first. Then after that do his bulking up guide. He really knows his stuff

http://www.sosuave.com/vBulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=18059

http://www.sosuave.com/vBulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=18040
I checked those out, only the problem is, I don't really understand anything he's talking about, nor do I have access to a full gym at the moment.

livin large

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You need to keep track of what you're doing:

#1 - invest in a body fat scale
#2 - keep track of what you eat
#3 - keep track of how you exercise

Everyday, keep a log of your exercise and caloric intake, and then weigh yourself and get a body fat reading the next morning. Look for trends. If you're gaining body fat, you're either eating too much, not exercising enough, or both. Take pictures of yourself on a regular basis to see your improvement. If you can't get a hold of a BF scale, pictures can give you just as much information.

From what you said, it sounds like you need to focus as much, if not more on eating than exercise.

Here are some basics for you:

Avoid: Soda, candy, cookies, cake, ice cream, pizza, fried foods, FRENCH FRIES, burgers (especially fast food burgers), rich salad dressing, and other fatty foods. (If you're like I was, this list pretty much eliminates every meal you're used to eating...honestly right now I look at that list and the only thing that appeals to me is cookies, because they're damn good - everything else I view as EVIL). That doesn't mean never eat these, but minimize them. In the last month I can count on 1 hand the number of times I've had foods on this list.

Also, pasta is high in calories, so be careful not to eat too much - putting a grilled chicken breast in with your pasta will help a lot.

Eat: grilled chicken, fish, PBJ, cereal (most are ok), lean red meats, veggies, rice, oatmeal, other healthy foods. You know what's healthy.

Drink: WATER.

Exercise:
Weights: Focus on the basics. Do your leg and chest workouts. Try to do some arm workouts too (biceps and triceps). You can do both with a bench bar - do bicep curls and for tricep do tricep press and/or skullcrushers. Throwing in some shoulder press probably isn't a bad idea. Since you don't sound like you're doing full workouts on each muscle, you can probably work each one 2-3 times per week. Do at least 4 sets per muscle each time you work it out. you're not going to get big this way, but you'll get a little muscle definition...if you want to get big you need to read Diesel's guide to bulking.

Cardio: Get off your fukking ass and run every now and then. At least 3 times per week. Post some pictures of some other fatasses around your room to motivate you. Or sit around and watch your fat ass grow.

Using a digital camara will help you see your body's improvement, and is a great motivator. So is being called fatass. Fatass.

Hope that helps.