Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Need help desperately! Getting sick during training

Bizzle13

Don Juan
Reaction score
Haven't posted here in a while. I've seen the light that is self-improvement *the clouds above disperse and sun beams flow all around me* Ahhhhhhhh

Part of this self-improvement is fitness and gym but I've noticed lately that when I work out I begin feeling fatigued, light headed and nauseous - usually resulting in me being sick and feeling faint. I have a couple of theories but could do with a more experienced or professional opinion (doctors may be the next step but being a stubborn Brit I want to try and sort it myself first). So these possibilities:

Diet - recently I'm not eating as much as I have done, I know this is bad but with working away a lot in budget hotels and long hours I'm just not having the time, added to this I'm often not feeling overly hungry so I've realised late in th day a number of times I haven't eaten yet. This is the most obvious as I imagine I'm akin to a car attempting to run with no fuel. Plus when I'm sick it's a mix of water and my pre-workout shake - not pleasant. This is my main suspicion and I'm wondering if anyone could give me an idea of what (protein/carbs etc) I should be eating and when (an hour before gym, two? Even if I should base my meal the day before on my gym session; I go in the morning).

Diabetic? - I've struggled with sugar as a kid but nothing for over 10 years and I wasn't diagnosed diabetic or anything similar then, just seemed to be a case of a kid having too much sugar. Though when I'm working out I feel as though my sugar levels may be low (don't know why just seem to get a feeling) plus when I've began to feel nauseous before sports drinks and the such have helped before. Just wonder if any who have issues with sugar or sugar levels could testify if they have similar problems? Or possibly an idea of an alternative to eat or drink than sports drinks?

Out of form - perhaps my being out of ship could be bringing this about but it's so frustrating! My mind knows I can do much more and even my body knows this but it's just my stomach (especially when I do exercises like crunches or squats) meaning I have to cut my workout short or go half-hearted. This needs to be sorted soon.

My plan of attack is to set some kind of strict diet based around my lifestyle using research on what to eat and when. Then after a few days I'm gonna hit the gym with a sports drink as well as water just in case. Hopefully no hiccups. Any tips or advice on what to eat, when or otherwise is greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Biz

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
When I was training mma, I had to eat a high protein meal 2-3 hours before training. I would have a salmon fillet if I was home, and if I was out, I would go to a grocery store deli and get 1/4 lb of roast beef and wrap it around a 25 cent cheese stick. I puked for the first week or so until I figured that out.

Bizzle13

Don Juan
Reaction score
Thank you, exactly what I needed; like a specific idea of what to eat. Will go for a fair bit of protein first thing with maybe a side of carbs like brown rice, see how that does me. Looks like chicken breast for breakfast haha

Bizzle13

Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks man, yeah I'll get booked in. Just a bit tight at the moment as I'm working around Europe most of the week, only home for the weekends :/ will get it sorted though.

I'm definitely not eating enough, I know that. And especially not enough veg! Getting plenty of fruit and drinking a lot of water (that will be the reason for my bathroom frequency lol) but eating right is difficult on the road, too expensive to eat in restaurants in Paris and Brugges and can't really cook with the lack of facilities I get at my budget hotel lol making a container full of chicken pasta and plenty of wholemeal sandwiches to take with this week I think

Thanks again Brad, been a while!