"She's Out of Your League"

You've said it a hundred times. Maybe a thousand. And every time you say it, you train your brain to freeze the next time she walks into the room.

Leagues are a myth invented by guys who are scared of women.

She's a person. She has bad breath in the morning. She picks songs she can't sing in the shower. She overthinks her own texts.

Walk over. Say something. The league dissolves the second you open your mouth.

Read more...

Need First Date Fedback

Steelie Dan

Don Juan
Joined
Jan 25, 2004
Messages
18
Reaction score
0
Age
67
Need a little advice here from the DJ's,

I got a date with this woman who I photographed while working at a local office where I live. I actually waited a few weeks for professional reasons. I called her out of the blue and just said, "Hey, I would love to meet you for a drink or take you out to dinner on Saturday." Boom, got a yes. She actually complemented me on my guts.

So we went out last night. I tried a various kino, she never kinoed back, but I was getting mixed signals. I moved in closer, I was teaching her to play pool, but I was not getting the classic IL signals. I did get her back to my place, which I just bought, along with a bunch of new furniture. She said, "Nice bachelor pad, looks like it is a showrrom for the pottery barn." I couldn't tell if she was just flicking my some shyt, or was saying "you seem gay dude."

Anyway, we chatted a lot, she wanted to see some of my photos, whuch I let her see. She definaly loved my stuff and had travel envy about my workld travels, to the point I think she was a little sad because she hasn't found that kind of passion in her life.

Anyway, I drive her home, and she gives me a hug and says that we should try a new Cuban restaurant in town soon. I'm thinking, okay, good IL. But it was the last commenbt that caught me off guard. She says: "I've got your digits, I'll call you."

I have her digits too. Should I wait for her to call? I would like to call her in a day or so and say, "Hey, had a great time Saturday night, so the idea of trying the Cuban restaurant which you has got me excited, so what time should I pick you up on Friday night?"

Should I wait a few days? Suggestions. I would like to get her out on a second date to find more about her.

Any ideas, or feedback would be greatly apprecited.

Dan
 

"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

ManOMan

Master Don Juan
Joined
Aug 23, 2003
Messages
504
Reaction score
2
it sounds like you are going down the friend path

a hug, no kino back, no kiss, insinuated your gay

all classic signs of low IL

after a first date like this, I would just cool it for a while, otherwise you would be too eager b eaver(i.e. no challenge)

typically, after a date, women are as confused as men are, she will be expecting your call to see if she was good enough for you to like her, dont give her that
 

Pimp-sicle

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jul 27, 2003
Messages
2,457
Reaction score
101
Location
Pimpsylvania
Your a friend dood, so whether you call her today or tomorrow won't matter. Doesn't sound like she wants to mix business with pleasure. I'd wait for her to call. She might need to go out with you a few more times before she opens up or gets physical.

Go meet more girls.


PIMP
 

Steelie Dan

Don Juan
Joined
Jan 25, 2004
Messages
18
Reaction score
0
Age
67
Thanks for the feedback,

You all confirmed what my gut was telling me:

1) Don't call her. Let her call me if she decides too (i.e. I won't be playing Mr. Desperado)

2) As in the words of so many of you on this forum: NEXT!

Dan
 
Joined
Nov 6, 2003
Messages
4,280
Reaction score
8
Location
Wisconsin. USA
I don't think she is a lost cause and you may be taking her pottery barn comment too personally - this was a compliment that you have good taste (may be her favorite store).

Relax and wait a week for her to call you, if she doesn't, then call her and tell her you are in the mood for some Cuban 'black beans and rice'.

You are a 44 y/o - you have to throw some game on her and charm her with your 'worldly' ways - she is intrigued!
 

"Why Women Dump the Guys Who Try the Hardest"

You paid for dinner. You drove. You said "whatever you want is fine" every single time. All the effort, no expectations.

And she left anyway — probably for a guy who makes her pick up the pizza.

Painful. Also predictable. Her mind quietly concludes that anything requiring zero effort from her is worth exactly zero. You became a free sample, and free samples get taken for granted.

The 22 Rules flip the dynamic. Small shifts that get her investing effort, money, and time in you — until SHE'S the one afraid of losing YOU.

Read more...

Steelie Dan

Don Juan
Joined
Jan 25, 2004
Messages
18
Reaction score
0
Age
67
Hey all,

Here is an update. I did not call her. She emailed me on Monday asking me if I wanted to go to a restaurant that we were talking baout on our first date. BINGO!
Fish on!

We have traded a few emails back and forth. I'll keep you informed about the next date. I know I'm going for the kiss on this one!

She even apologized about calling my new pad "An ad for pottery barn." She thinks I hvae great taste. Go figure!

Dan
 

RedKnight04

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Mar 23, 2004
Messages
218
Reaction score
0
Age
43
Lets face it she didn't get lucky pal.

Don't get down, she just didn't have FEELINGS for you. For every girl that doesn't want to talk to you wants to tear you apart! Theres probably better than her anyway.

Hey I have been at that moment on a date where she is testing me and I fail as well. WHENEVER a girl offers for YOUR number bust her balls about it...Heres a couple of quick replies:

1) I can't give out my number because I see what your up too and I can have the cops here in a giffy, MRS STAULKER!!

2) I've heard this before and then I get 3 calls a day from women like you, MRS SNEAKY!


REMEMBER stay in character, your the one who is being envyed, you know she likes you so your going to play around and make her really want you!
 
Top