Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

need advice:shyness may cause me to lose job..

rocco

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
i know this might be a pretty stupid comparison, but have you guys ever seen that movie "The Devil Wears Prada"? it's about a journalist, ANNE HATHAWAY, who lands a job at a major fashion magazine and works for this dragon lady named MIRANDA. this boss is strict as hell.

anyway, ive got a shyness problem. i dont speak a lot.. but my line of work is very demanding as far as socializing, networking. i will not find a new line of work, because of this, for i must improve! i work in the ENTERTAINMENT INDUSTRY where we have to deal with many talents, and yes, I have a very demanding boss!

I worry I may lose my job, if i can't meet up to my bosses expectations..and i need advice....

Le Parisien

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Just one question that might help give an answer to your own question: how did you land the job at the first place?:confused:

Hitman10000

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If socializing and meeting new people all the time is your thing then you will succeed, but if it's something you're not used to doing or don't do well in, you will suffer.

I'm being pessimistic but it's the truth, you will excel in things you enjoy. I recommend you finding jobs that work with your personality, too many people get jobs where their personality doesn't match and guess what, they hate their jobs.

flexion_

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If the job requires you to speak French and you can't speak French then you will eventually lose your job - afterall you can't speak French.

I'm not sure what you expect?

Heretolearn

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
No problem!

You can learn anything in this world if you want to. You need to find something about it that you enjoy. Assuming you want to stay in your job because you enjoy it then expand on that.

Use this site to overcome your shyness. Start outside work. Have conversations with anyone on the street. No problem. Get a job as a waiter or in a position where you meet a lot of persons. You will get better and better. The best news is that once you develop these skills, you shall enjoy your job even more!

SexPDX

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Are you sure you didn't overstate your capabilities or put on some kind of act in order to get hired for this?

This reminds me of a guy who I sold cars with a few years back who by fabricating a resume got a job as the general manager of a luxury hotel. The guy was a good salesman and it was impressive that he convinced them to hire him for the position and without even checking his references, which would have revealed them to be fraudulent.

Predictably, as effective as he was in getting hired it was too much to expect he would be able to parlay that into actually being able to execute the duties of the position. It became comprehensively obvious within in a couple weeks he had never done this before and he was unceremoniously fired.

So Many Ways

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't have much advice for you, I'm in a similar position as networking and socializing ability is absolutely crucial for what I do and I'm not that good at it and socializing and interacting with others is extremely exhausting. The only thing I can say is to just keep at it and slowly you will get used to it. I'm fortunate that I work with a couple of guys that are good at this.

I'd recommend just getting used to talking to people in general, even if it's a store clerk or something. it's a start, eventually you'll be more comfortable with it.

Good luck.

Latinoman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So Many Ways said:
I don't have much advice for you, I'm in a similar position as networking and socializing ability is absolutely crucial for what I do and I'm not that good at it and socializing and interacting with others is extremely exhausting. The only thing I can say is to just keep at it and slowly you will get used to it. I'm fortunate that I work with a couple of guys that are good at this.

I'd recommend just getting used to talking to people in general, even if it's a store clerk or something. it's a start, eventually you'll be more comfortable with it.

Good luck.
Take dancing lessons. I think that will take the shyness away from ALL of you. I'm serious.

I am NOT a shy man by any means. But I will be taking some later this fall or early winter. Just to stay up in the game and to have something to do with my partner.