Need advice on clothes......

trent81

Banned
Reaction score
Okay guys, I'm almost 33 and need advice on some nice clothes. Don't have much money but I need the following. Can you suggest some stores? I live in a small city so I don't have all the stores here, it would have to be three hour drive or online.

Black Dress shoes I can wear under nice jeans, interviews, etc. and are for wide feet. Brands? Stores?
Dress jeans for going out and casual jeans for everyday wear. Stores?
Casual sneaker shoes. Diesel? Asics? What color? Brown? White?
Going out shirts? Can't put 150 bucks into them. Maybe sixty or eighty bucks. For clubbing, drinks, and "non-work" type gatherings, maybe even dates when I start dating again.
Sweaters and Hoodies for winter. I used to wear stuff like American Eagle and Tommy Hilfiger for causal stuff like this on top of jeans. Still ok to do that?
I have a nice suit, I have workout clothes, I have hoodies with like sports teams. I have very nice winter jackets and coats. I am looking for a look that will be nice to have a drink in when I go out, but also casual clothes I can wear when I go do something during the day. My biggest problem is shoes and jeans. Any advice....Thanks..
I'm not skinny nor fat. I have big ass hips so I can't wear slim jeans, I have wide feet. I have a little bit of belly so I need shirts that are not too tight but not too loose.

synergy1

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Depends on build and preference. Living in Boston for a while and frequenting the night life there, I would spot the button ups from express. Those are reasonably priced when they are having deals. I also have jeans from there. As for shoes, I just get generic black ones for cheap. Diesel is expensive, so I am not sure what you hope to accomplish on a budget. I also wear gongshow shirts near a younger crowd. Wish list would be affliction tee shirts.

Rhoto

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Kinowear.com = All your style problems solved.

Make sure you check out their recommended articles as well. Some powerful things to be learned.

mpimpin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Keep an eye out on Overstock.com. After being unsure about the idea I decided even if buying clothes from there didn't work out I wouldn't be out much money. I've gotten a suit, some dress shoes and shirts, ties etc. I've had to get the suit tailored but that's expected.

old married dude

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Stores I like:

Banana Republic
Express
Armani Exchange
Lacoste
Buckle
Kenneth Cole
Michael Kors

speakeasy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm sure there's a fashion outlet mall somewhere near you. Be prepared to show up early the day after Thanksgiving next month. There will be insane discounts at some great stores.

synergy1

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
speakeasy said:
I'm sure there's a fashion outlet mall somewhere near you. Be prepared to show up early the day after Thanksgiving next month. There will be insane discounts at some great stores.
the days after Xmas are when I get most of my good shirts and jeans. If outlets have not made profits, they want want to unload extra inventory at really low prices.

Tis the season!