"So, What Do You Do for Fun?"

She asks it casually, mid-sip. And you feel the floor open up, because the honest answer is work, gym, and a couple shows you're half-watching.

Women rarely say this out loud, but a man with a life is attractive before he says a word. The guy who spent Saturday deep-sea fishing and came back with photos and a story — he walks in already interesting.

The "22 Rules" pushed me to build a life worth talking about. Turns out the fastest way to be interesting to women is to be interested in your own life first.

Read more...

Need advice on approaching women at the gym

sangheilios

Master Don Juan
Joined
Sep 25, 2018
Messages
2,630
Reaction score
2,730
I've made some threads about women I've met at the gym and considering if I should perhaps change up my strategy a bit. I've been going at a slightly different time, though at the same gym, and I've been seeing some women I'd definitely like to approach.

What I've done in the past is approach women I've seen there at least on a semi regular basis, so there is at least some familiarity. I would walk up to them when they were in between one of their sets, stretching, etc. and say something like "I don't mean to interrupt your workout but I wanted to say hi, my name is....". Every single time I've approached at the gym they would all talk to me for a few minutes and overall seemed very open and friendly towards me. What I then would do is let them go back to their workout without asking for their number and talk to them the next time I'd see them. Unfortunately for me, I never dated any of these girls, as they all had bfs to no surprise.

Any advice on how I should improve on this? I do actually go to the gym to workout and I'm not looking to approach every single girl there.
 
Last edited:

"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

taiyuu_otoko

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jan 10, 2008
Messages
5,756
Reaction score
4,829
Location
象外
Play the long game. Introduce yourself, exchange names and then go back to working out. Remember their names, and say, "Hi name..." whenever you see them and don't stick around.

You'll slowly build socially proof which will help more than any opener or technique.

Girls that are interested in you will make it clear.
 

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Joined
Aug 27, 2015
Messages
17,586
Reaction score
11,948
Location
DFW, TX
Dont. They may see you somewhere out the gym. In the gym the only appropriate place is the classes.
 

sangheilios

Master Don Juan
Joined
Sep 25, 2018
Messages
2,630
Reaction score
2,730
Play the long game. Introduce yourself, exchange names and then go back to working out. Remember their names, and say, "Hi name..." whenever you see them and don't stick around.

You'll slowly build socially proof which will help more than any opener or technique.

Girls that are interested in you will make it clear.
What would you consider the "long game"?

Summer 2017 I approached a woman at my gym and we spoke for a while before I let her go back to her workout. The next time I saw her, which was a few days later, was when I was stretching after my workout. She came into the warm up room and saw me looking at her and sat there until I went over to approach her and when I did she immediately opened up. I asked for her number which was when she admitted that she had a boyfriend so I said "If you are single let me know" and I left. We kept talking after that whenever we'd see each other.
 
Top