Illuminati234
New Member
- Joined
- May 11, 2004
- Messages
- 1
- Reaction score
- 0
Hey guys,
I just recently discovered this site and am currently reading and applying the information compiled in the DJ Bible (Love the "weapons of mass seduction", in particular). Before I found this site, I would say I wasn't really an AFC.... I was the type who saw my friends get burned in relationships and convinced myself that I could put my effort and focus into more productive things. As I was quite religious back then, one night stands and pre-marital sex was something i thought I should also stay away from... Of course I've changed, but I thought I'd try to get some advice on a current situation i'm in involving a girl I'm interested in, since I don't have much experience.
My freshman year of college, last year, I met this girl through my roommate's gf (they used to hang out together quite often). The day I met her I was in a great mood.... behaving quite spontaneously, humoring her, etc..etc.... It seemed like whenever my roommate's gf came over to visit, she'd almost always be with her.... I'd talk to her a bit, or we'd all go some place to hang out, I was generally reserved on those occasions, or only interjected when i had something interesting to say. On my birthday,my roommate's gf and her friend even called me up to a restaurant to have a After one of these outings, my roommate asked me once what I thought of his gf's friend, I gave my opinion and reminded him that I had a girlfriend (we broke up eventually). so anyways, I ruled out the possibility of ever getting with this girl, and didn't feel much of an attraction towards her anyways. Eventually my roommate broke up with his girlfriend... but her friend and I still continued to talk. Until the summer, when I was in a foreign country and really didn't speak to her at all. When I got back, I was quite eager to start the new school year but still talked to her every now and then and continued meeting up with her, flirting and teasing and making silly jokes....and I noticed I was starting to get interested. So it went like this for a while... the semester ended, and about halfway into the next semester, I broke up with my girlfriend, and upon hearing about it later that night when chatting on AIM (she asked me how she was doing and such, so i gave a vague response), she took an immediate interest in the break up, and such. I explained that it wasn't fun anymore and I had important things to take care of.....and probably wouldn't be dating anyone for a long time. So she started popping off question after question, about whether i was sure, if I was "clearly single", etc.... and then flirted a little, and suggested I not miss out on things i may not be able to do in the future. It continued kinda like that for a while...she'd see me somewhere, i'd talk to her for a while, and then she'd usually invite me to go somewhere or do something with her... I was usually busy, but would sometimes accompany her. Then during the last few weeks of school, I became absorbed in studying for my final exams, avoided coming back to my dorm room until nighttime, and didn't come online very often. So last friday when I was at home, playing basketball and waiting to go back the next morning and move the remaining junk out of my dorm, I received a few messages from her asking how I was doing..etc..etc.. and asking me to call her up, as she wanted to meet with me before I left and I wasn't in my room when she called me. So the next day when I had finished my work, I called her...and she said she'd drop by later that night. So I met up with her later that night, being my usual self, and after talking to her for about 10 minutes.... all of a sudden, she said that I didn't get anything from her on my birthday, so she thought she'd get me a gift....and pulled a small gift box out of her purse. I thanked her, and when i went back inside and opened it, I saw that it was a reputed (and nice-smelling!) cologne.
However, my birthday was wayy back in February... so it seems kind of odd that I would receive a gift three months later... not that i mind, though.
I haven't contacted her since, although I plan on calling her up soon (its been about three days) to tell her I appreciated it.
Anyways, I've checked her body language as best as I can... and as far as I can tell, she seems to be interested. the only thing confusing me is that in a few of our conversations she has referred to me as a friend, and a few times in conversations with her (stories about her or a relative that led to this point) she has said (not directed at me) that she isn't looking for a boyfriend and is afraid of committing herself to one person at this age. She's from India and is conservative on some things...so she's not the type to partake in one night stands or flings either, in case anyone was gonna suggest that. So what I want to ask is if her interest level is high, or does it need raising?
Another thing i'm thinking is that if I do get involved with her, it may turn serious.....i'm in college right now, and i don't know if its the best idea. Coming from someone who has never been clingy or had one-itis (i didn't care much when my first gf and i broke up), I think she's different in that she's quite pleasant, radiant, feminine, and genuine... So I also wouldn't want to skip this opportunity.
what do you guys think?
I just recently discovered this site and am currently reading and applying the information compiled in the DJ Bible (Love the "weapons of mass seduction", in particular). Before I found this site, I would say I wasn't really an AFC.... I was the type who saw my friends get burned in relationships and convinced myself that I could put my effort and focus into more productive things. As I was quite religious back then, one night stands and pre-marital sex was something i thought I should also stay away from... Of course I've changed, but I thought I'd try to get some advice on a current situation i'm in involving a girl I'm interested in, since I don't have much experience.
My freshman year of college, last year, I met this girl through my roommate's gf (they used to hang out together quite often). The day I met her I was in a great mood.... behaving quite spontaneously, humoring her, etc..etc.... It seemed like whenever my roommate's gf came over to visit, she'd almost always be with her.... I'd talk to her a bit, or we'd all go some place to hang out, I was generally reserved on those occasions, or only interjected when i had something interesting to say. On my birthday,my roommate's gf and her friend even called me up to a restaurant to have a After one of these outings, my roommate asked me once what I thought of his gf's friend, I gave my opinion and reminded him that I had a girlfriend (we broke up eventually). so anyways, I ruled out the possibility of ever getting with this girl, and didn't feel much of an attraction towards her anyways. Eventually my roommate broke up with his girlfriend... but her friend and I still continued to talk. Until the summer, when I was in a foreign country and really didn't speak to her at all. When I got back, I was quite eager to start the new school year but still talked to her every now and then and continued meeting up with her, flirting and teasing and making silly jokes....and I noticed I was starting to get interested. So it went like this for a while... the semester ended, and about halfway into the next semester, I broke up with my girlfriend, and upon hearing about it later that night when chatting on AIM (she asked me how she was doing and such, so i gave a vague response), she took an immediate interest in the break up, and such. I explained that it wasn't fun anymore and I had important things to take care of.....and probably wouldn't be dating anyone for a long time. So she started popping off question after question, about whether i was sure, if I was "clearly single", etc.... and then flirted a little, and suggested I not miss out on things i may not be able to do in the future. It continued kinda like that for a while...she'd see me somewhere, i'd talk to her for a while, and then she'd usually invite me to go somewhere or do something with her... I was usually busy, but would sometimes accompany her. Then during the last few weeks of school, I became absorbed in studying for my final exams, avoided coming back to my dorm room until nighttime, and didn't come online very often. So last friday when I was at home, playing basketball and waiting to go back the next morning and move the remaining junk out of my dorm, I received a few messages from her asking how I was doing..etc..etc.. and asking me to call her up, as she wanted to meet with me before I left and I wasn't in my room when she called me. So the next day when I had finished my work, I called her...and she said she'd drop by later that night. So I met up with her later that night, being my usual self, and after talking to her for about 10 minutes.... all of a sudden, she said that I didn't get anything from her on my birthday, so she thought she'd get me a gift....and pulled a small gift box out of her purse. I thanked her, and when i went back inside and opened it, I saw that it was a reputed (and nice-smelling!) cologne.
However, my birthday was wayy back in February... so it seems kind of odd that I would receive a gift three months later... not that i mind, though.
I haven't contacted her since, although I plan on calling her up soon (its been about three days) to tell her I appreciated it.
Anyways, I've checked her body language as best as I can... and as far as I can tell, she seems to be interested. the only thing confusing me is that in a few of our conversations she has referred to me as a friend, and a few times in conversations with her (stories about her or a relative that led to this point) she has said (not directed at me) that she isn't looking for a boyfriend and is afraid of committing herself to one person at this age. She's from India and is conservative on some things...so she's not the type to partake in one night stands or flings either, in case anyone was gonna suggest that. So what I want to ask is if her interest level is high, or does it need raising?
Another thing i'm thinking is that if I do get involved with her, it may turn serious.....i'm in college right now, and i don't know if its the best idea. Coming from someone who has never been clingy or had one-itis (i didn't care much when my first gf and i broke up), I think she's different in that she's quite pleasant, radiant, feminine, and genuine... So I also wouldn't want to skip this opportunity.
what do you guys think?