Need advice from 25+ years please!

Gamble

Don Juan
Reaction score
Right now I am 20 years old, my girlfriend is 29. Right now we are at different stages of our lives, I am still a student in college, and she has a degree and has a fulltime job. It seems as if her friends are letting her know that this will not work out. I know they are just trying to look out for her, they just don't want to see me "play" her later in the future because of our age difference. What should I tell her? Should I just move on and let it be? It's been 9 months so far... This girl and I are deeply in love...

lookyoung

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
To be honest you need to think about the future. Woman age alot faster than men. Your way too young to date anyone 9 years older than. This girls biological clock is ticking. Every woman wants to have a kid by 35.If I were you I would probably dump her and date girls your own age. Besides a girl who is 29 dating a 20 year old has to have a few loose screws.

Gamble

Don Juan
Reaction score
i see, but she is such a sweet/kind girl, she honestly looks like she's younger then me, but her looks doesn't matter to me anymore, but I do understand what you are saying it's correct, I am just trying to give myself some self-gratification :/

lordson

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I am in the exact same situation as you.

I was 19 and still in uni, and started dating a 22 year old who has already finished uni and has a job.

Her parents and sisters had trouble coming to grips with it at first, but they got used to the idea eventaully after 2-3 weeks, and we were only together for about 2-3 months.

Its now 2.5 years later, and no issues whatsoever, excpet i have 2 years of uni left,and just want to finish my damn degree get a job and some money so i can marry her already.

And you are deeply in love, so don't let any nay-sayers stop you. Just keep it going, get on with your life and then start a new life with her

My mate and his wifre, They were the same age, but she already had a job and was working, and he was still in uni. She basically supported him whilst he was still studying. He kept going on with his life and then graduated and now they're expecting thier first baby in a few months.

The only downside i can think of is the baby thing, she'll be old and you will have just gotten out of school and it'll be time to have a baby already. Dating somebody younger has its perks, they're young when you meet them, and they'll still be young in many years time. Unlike dating older women, who are already old when you meet them and will get even older in the future.

Gamble

Don Juan
Reaction score
thanks lordson, so should I just keep going and ignore what everyone else says? Right now it's very hard to convince her that it's the "right thing," what should I tell her?

lordson

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I cna't rembmer what i told her, i dont think my gf minded too much

but a few things were in my favout, its only 3 years, she doesn't have a full-time job as yet, and I am doing Medicine

when do you finish uni? I can't put words into your mouth, but if you both love each other, it should be find, if you can see yourselves together in the distant future

her parents and sisters never overtly expressed thier opinions, but i'm a likable guy, so we just ignored them and eventually they got over it and just didn't care anymore and saw me as her ltr boyfriend

iqqi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Gamble said:
thanks lordson, so should I just keep going and ignore what everyone else says? Right now it's very hard to convince her that it's the "right thing," what should I tell her?
Play her "Let Me Love You Down" by Ready For the World. ;)

My mother and the man she has been with for 20 years also have a 9 year age difference. You could never tell the age difference with them, not when she was 29 and he was 20, and not now that she is 48 and he is 39.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
No, it's never going to work out. Ten years is too much older for her to be than you.

But keep that attitude with her. Don't ever stay in any relationship where you have to argue with the other person to be with you. If she says she has doubts, then send her on her way. She'll either not go, or come right back. This goes for any relationship. If you are not worried about the future, I think you and your girl can have several great years together, if that is what you want.

lordson

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
My girl had doubts with even seeing/dating me at the start. I told her, whats the big problem? we'll just go out and see how things turn out. my words were "I'ts not like we're in this to get married"

haha

and my gf's workmate, she is 43, divorced, and her new husband is early 30's, i think, not sure, but hes at least 10 years younger

oh wait yeah , i know this other guy, he's in my course doing Medicine, also 2 years off, and he married this girl who is a Lawyer, and shes thirty something i think. dunno, anyway they're married, bought a BMW

Gamble

Don Juan
Reaction score
i am a business major transfering to a 4 year in spring of 09' so basically I have 2 1/2 more years to go, I forgot to add that she told her friend that she always comes to see me, I rarely go down to pick her up, she lives about 30 minutes away from me. I pick her up about once or twice every month or so, she comes down around 12-13 times a month because we only see each other on the weekends. If you guys looked at my previous thread about making the girl drive, haha i guess it worked and I got use to it. Right now it seems as if are relationship is not healthy, but we love each other.

MacAvoy

Banned
Reaction score
She might be attractive to you right now but in 15 years, do you really want to be banging a worn out 45 year old women? You'll be hitting your prime and she'll be over the hill.

More importantly your too young to make a serious committment. But don't worry about changing your course, the end will naturally come sooner or later. Just enjoy the time you have with her. Unfortunately, your missing out on your prime screwing around years, your missing out on BOATLOADS of college pvssy.

DavenJuan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
More importantly your too young to make a serious committment. But don't worry about changing your course, the end will naturally come sooner or later. Just enjoy the time you have with her. Unfortunately, your missing out on your prime screwing around years, your missing out on BOATLOADS of college pvssy.
of course there is a possiblity that this may work out. however if it doesnt what mac is saying is pretty much on nail.

dont worry so much what others speak. enjoy yourself. you have to take the pros with the cons, and obviously there are many women close in your age that share the similar interest that you do, however if you are happy in your relationship then dont worry about the afog's

Warrior74

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Enjoy it. Trust me if the alarm starts going off and she wants children she'll let you know. And if that's not what you want then it will end then. Until then enjoy it. Unless you really feel you are doing her a disservice, in which case let it go now.

Mavrick

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The question is not whether you love her or whether you want to lose her.

The question is whether you love yourself. You can't love your woman until you love yourself. You cannot live with her happily until you can live alone happily.

It's time that you stop needing her and start enjoying her. Once you do that, it will get better for you in the long run.

Sir I

Don Juan
Reaction score
it's more about you than her and her age. can you carry on like this with her for years to come? it's been only 9 months as you say, imo that's way to soon to say if it'll stay that way, and yes she'll probably want kids in a year or 4 at most .

Gamble

Don Juan
Reaction score
the friend that gave her the advice about the age difference actually wants to meet me and have us have lunch together. I am thinking her friend and her husband are going to try and AMOG me because they are in there early 30's. What do you guys think? She had told me in the past that they were analyzing the previous guy she was dating and let her know he wasn't good for her. So that is why I don't want to meet her. I already said, "yes that's fine" to meeting them for lunch, so what should I say now? Her friends already look down on me because of my age and having no career, so what should I do next?

iqqi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Gamble said:
the friend that gave her the advice about the age difference actually wants to meet me and have us have lunch together. I am thinking her friend and her husband are going to try and AMOG me because they are in there early 30's. What do you guys think? She had told me in the past that they were analyzing the previous guy she was dating and let her know he wasn't good for her. So that is why I don't want to meet her. I already said, "yes that's fine" to meeting them for lunch, so what should I say now? Her friends already look down on me because of my age and having no career, so what should I do next?
Did you listen to that song I told you to listen to?

You need to get some confidence about your choice to be with this woman, and her choice to be with you. Soundtracks help!!!

DonGorgon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Studying the fact that all lies contain fragments
Gamble said:
Right now I am 20 years old, my girlfriend is 29. Right now we are at different stages of our lives, I am still a student in college, and she has a degree and has a fulltime job. It seems as if her friends are letting her know that this will not work out. I know they are just trying to look out for her, they just don't want to see me "play" her later in the future because of our age difference. What should I tell her? Should I just move on and let it be? It's been 9 months so far... This girl and I are deeply in love...

Well since a womans friends are part of her mental collective they will have more power over her than you in many situations.. There is not much you can do once her friends decide you are out... she will eventually push you out so as to keep her friends...

Basicaly women only let their friends be with dudes they would also wanna be with... and you are not that... I would say the age thing is just a convenient angle they are using to persuade her but my guess is they dont like you...

Gamble

Don Juan
Reaction score
DonGorgon said:
Well since a womans friends are part of her mental collective they will have more power over her than you in many situations.. There is not much you can do once her friends decide you are out... she will eventually push you out so as to keep her friends...

Basicaly women only let their friends be with dudes they would also wanna be with... and you are not that... I would say the age thing is just a convenient angle they are using to persuade her but my guess is they dont like you...
But they haven't even met me yet

DonGorgon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Studying the fact that all lies contain fragments
Gamble said:
But they haven't even met me yet
LOL.. that is what is soo twisted and even worse...... They have already judged you based on what she has told them about you, so unless you can charm all of them when you meet them ... you are dead in the water..

Young women seldom do anything without their friends approval especially their fat ugly friend...